No buying unnecessary toiletries February 2014

Options

Comments

• Babafette
    Babafette Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Sophie165 wrote: »
    GA - sanctuary cube from sales containing a mini bath foam, body wash and body lotion. It's my friends birthday this weekend and myself and another friend have bought us all a spa day - we have hidden the voucher in the sanctuary box - can't wait to see her look of slight disappointment when she initially opens the present (seeing as both of us has clubbed together) and the look of surprise when she finds the voucher
    What a lovely idea, I bet she'll be thrilled. :)
    sjprmc01 wrote: »
    Is it only me who ends up with tons of conditioner left over? I believe it's normally the other way round?
    No, it's not just you, I always end up with loads of conditioner left too. I don't like to use too much as my roots are greasy so I only use it on the ends of my hair.

I hope everybody who was feeling under the weather is feeling a bit better now.

I have finally finished the Body Shop Coconut Shower Cream 60ml from my Project Pan list. It was OK, but I certainly didn't love it. Sadly, I know I have another one this size in the stash and possibly a full size version or two as well. :undecided

I also have an in to declare I'm afraid. I've been feeling down lately as my rosacea has been really bad, so I purchased a bargain tin of Steamcream from Amazon to see if it's gentle enough to use on my face.

Have a lovely weekend ladies, I hope everyone is safe and dry.
    Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician.... :/
  • noelphobic
    noelphobic Posts: 2,297 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 February 2014 at 1:27PM
    Options
    asset2004 wrote: »
    I saw on f/b that there's a handcream amnesty, I think with Crabtree & Evelyn. I wonder if I could use up one of the small l'occtaine tubes and swap, or is that just a bit cheeky ;)

Wondering whether to 'rescue' the used up (and cut up) tube from the Balance Me hand cream from the bin. :D

ETA - just checked and the nearest store to me is over 30 miles away in Chester.Too far for a special trip! Looks like I've been saved from myself!
    3 stone down, 3 more to go
  • noelphobic
    Options
    Babafette wrote: »
    I also have an in to declare I'm afraid. I've been feeling down lately as my rosacea has been really bad, so I purchased a bargain tin of Steamcream from Amazon to see if it's gentle enough to use on my face.

Would be interested to hear how you get on with it. I also have rosacea and have yet to find anything that helps.
  • noelphobic
    Options
    I saw Kleenex facial wipes in Tesco yesterday. They were on a shelf with reduced/discontinued items but don't think the price had actually been reduced iyswim.
  • sam.4000
    sam.4000 Posts: 1,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Birchbox arrived today (my last one).
    4 items IN
    Now sorting items to put on Ebay.
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Options
    noelphobic wrote: »
    Wondering whether to 'rescue' the used up (and cut up) tube from the Balance Me hand cream from the bin. :D

ETA - just checked and the nearest store to me is over 30 miles away in Chester.Too far for a special trip! Looks like I've been saved from myself!

I know, I always cut the tubes up, but I do have one hand cream that's not very nice so would gladly swap it. Need to arrange a trip in or will maybe ask my BF again :o (he's getting quite good at picking up freebies I've found! :rotfl:)
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Kiwisaver wrote: »
    I caved in on a very similar Elemis set from Lookfantastic which has full size papaya enzyme mask and 30ml PCMC and 300ml shower cream, plus small pro-radiance cleanser and frangipani monoi oil. It was a bargain for me at £46.75 after 15% off voucher; as will be wanting to replace my enzyme mask quite soon anyway and can't hurt to have more PCMC in the stash. :D I will count them as INs when they arrive.

See that's good value for you. Out of the TSV kit there is only one product that I'm short of and that's the eye serum and it now seems stupid to pay all that money for this when I am really enjoying using the Origins one. I already have plenty of cleansers, PCMC and the Flash Balm (which I'm not even sure whether I like that much anyway). Am glad it is expensive and so has put me off. Plus my Laura Geller Balance N Brighten is getting very low so will need to replace this probably next month.

Have been to my local Boots branch and exchanged the Smashbox full exposure eyeshadow pallette for one that has the bonus mascara in it. They were very helpful.

Have also opened and used my Decleor Herbal Clay mask. Had forgotten how lovely this product is.

Also have opened my French Connection nail colours and am wearing the burgundy red colour. Nice colour but it took three coats to get it looking lovely as it's a bit streaky.

Have had a little look at the Dove lotions too which felt and smelt lovely. Am hoping that I enjoy them when I do get around to using them.

BB Cream still going strong though I think when I reapply it later (going out for meal for my birthday tonight) that willbe the last application and my PP list will be complete again. Yay.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Misty_Blue
    Options
    Babafette wrote: »
    I've been feeling down lately as my rosacea has been really bad, so I purchased a bargain tin of Steamcream from Amazon to see if it's gentle enough to use on my face.
    noelphobic wrote: »
    Would be interested to hear how you get on with it. I also have rosacea and have yet to find anything that helps.

Have either of you tried the products from La Roche Posay's anti-redness range? I have (admittedly fairly mild) rosacea on my cheeks and found the cleanser and serum were excellent and very calming.

These are the two I used, but they have quite a few products for redness and rosacea.

http://www.boots.com/en/La-Roche-Posay-Rosaliac-AR-Anti-Redness-Skin-Perfecting-Daily-Moisturiser-40ML_1250075/

http://www.boots.com/en/LA-ROCHE-POSAY-TOLERIANE-Dermo-Cleanser-200ML_865618/
    Egg Loan - [strike]£4921.84[/strike] £0!! :j Barclaycard - £3866.47 Legal + Trade - [strike]£2700.96[/strike] £0!! :j Triton - [strike]£1730.89[/strike] £0!! :j Next - [STRIKE]£776.15[/STRIKE] £126.88 Littlewoods - [strike]£217.16[/strike] £0!! :j Housemate - [strike]£1300[/strike] £0!! :j Capital One - [STRIKE]£1652.51[/STRIKE] £1,081.58 Vanquis - [strike]£2337.75[/strike] £375.58
    A Payment A Day - £379.02 to Egg.
  • Parisian
    Parisian Posts: 409 Forumite
    Options
    Ladies, does anyone use the Babyliss New Big Hair?
    I picked it up this week as I've been really struggling with styling my hair lately! It's long and fine and has this odd wave to it in places. If I use a straightener it makes it too flat for my liking, and I am not too skilled with a hair dryer and brush at 5.30am when I'm getting ready most days. I've been playing with the Babyliss tool this week and am so impressed with it. It's giving me a neat just blow dried salon type finish in 5-10 minutes. Still fiddling with the settings as there are are a few ways of using it. Just thought I'd check to see if anyone is using this, and if they have any tips?

Xxx
  • girlybags
    Options
    Misty_Blue wrote: »
    Have either of you tried the products from La Roche Posay's anti-redness range? I have (admittedly fairly mild) rosacea on my cheeks and found the cleanser and serum were excellent and very calming.

These are the two I used, but they have quite a few products for redness and rosacea.

http://www.boots.com/en/La-Roche-Posay-Rosaliac-AR-Anti-Redness-Skin-Perfecting-Daily-Moisturiser-40ML_1250075/

http://www.boots.com/en/LA-ROCHE-POSAY-TOLERIANE-Dermo-Cleanser-200ML_865618/

I have put these on my list to try, thanks! I don't have rosacea (haven't been diagnosed for it anyway) but the skin on my face does get very red, especially after showering, and I'm prone to blemishes. Currently using the Good Things range which I like but am open to trying other stuff so thanks again :)
    Never say never
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport