No buying unnecessary toiletries February 2014

Options

Comments

• girlybags
    Options
    girlybags wrote: »
    I have put these on my list to try, thanks! I don't have rosacea (haven't been diagnosed for it anyway) but the skin on my face does get very red, especially after showering, and I'm prone to blemishes. Currently using the Good Things range which I like but am open to trying other stuff so thanks again :)

On second thoughts, I've just seen that it's L'Oreal so not cruelty free. Oh well :(
    Never say never
  • moneyless_mac
    Options
    noelphobic wrote: »
    Would be interested to hear how you get on with it. I also have rosacea and have yet to find anything that helps.

A work colleague finally went to her GP and was prescribed Metrotop gel for hers will report back if there is any improvement.
    No more buying toiletries
  • lynseydee
    lynseydee Posts: 1,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sjprmc01 wrote: »
    Oops!

4 ins.......this is what happens when you're an av0n rep!

Nail wear satin top coat
    Nail wear opal top coat
    Chopsticks eve liner, black
    Clear skin liquid extraction strip

That's the whole reason I'm here!! Not one now but still using stuff up.
    Did owe £9,951.96

Now helping hubby pay off loan. Finally paid off :j

Owe Virgin [STRIKE]£5,950.00 [/STRIKE]at 0% til June 2009 £3,427.89. Owe HSBC [STRIKE]£5,460.78 [/STRIKE]2.9% til May 2010 £3,703.07. Owe Post Office £1,676.62 at 0% til September 2010
  • KT2802
    KT2802 Posts: 595 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Just been catching up on the thread......

Happy Birthday Val! Hope you had a lovely day, some fab gifts there. Would love to hear how you get on with the Smashbox palette, it looks lovely.
    girlybags wrote: »
    On second thoughts, I've just seen that it's L'Oreal so not cruelty free. Oh well :(

Oh no! I didn't realise La Roche Posay were owned by L'Oreal. A lot of cosmetics companies seem to be owned by 2 or 3 giant companies.
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Taken a while, but I have a UU to report! :j :j

Aussie Mega Shampoo 300ml - this is my HG. Absolutely love it. However, I won't be buying another bottle for a while due to my hideously large stash of many other types of shampoo.

I'm going to have a bash at travel sizes/hotel freebies for the next couple of weeks in order to feel as though I'm making inroads into my stash. ;)
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Parisian wrote: »
    Ladies, does anyone use the Babyliss New Big Hair?
    I picked it up this week as I've been really struggling with styling my hair lately! It's long and fine and has this odd wave to it in places. If I use a straightener it makes it too flat for my liking, and I am not too skilled with a hair dryer and brush at 5.30am when I'm getting ready most days. I've been playing with the Babyliss tool this week and am so impressed with it. It's giving me a neat just blow dried salon type finish in 5-10 minutes. Still fiddling with the settings as there are are a few ways of using it. Just thought I'd check to see if anyone is using this, and if they have any tips?

Xxx

I've got the 'old' Big Hair. I don't use it that much any more as my hair is shorter than it was when I first got it, and the barrel is BIG. I did love it when it first arrived, it's a brilliant hot air brush. I went online to see if the New Big Hair is radically different and came across a YouTube review that may help you.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72OyWVhR15o
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Parisian wrote: »
    Ladies, does anyone use the Babyliss New Big Hair?
    I picked it up this week as I've been really struggling with styling my hair lately! It's long and fine and has this odd wave to it in places. If I use a straightener it makes it too flat for my liking, and I am not too skilled with a hair dryer and brush at 5.30am when I'm getting ready most days. I've been playing with the Babyliss tool this week and am so impressed with it. It's giving me a neat just blow dried salon type finish in 5-10 minutes. Still fiddling with the settings as there are are a few ways of using it. Just thought I'd check to see if anyone is using this, and if they have any tips?

Xxx

I have the 42mm one on my wish list (I have a chin length bob), but although I often find the standard 50mm one at good prices, I haven't found any offers on the one I want. I hope that you get on well with it, the reviews look good.:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Babafette
    Babafette Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Misty_Blue wrote: »
    Have either of you tried the products from La Roche Posay's anti-redness range? I have (admittedly fairly mild) rosacea on my cheeks and found the cleanser and serum were excellent and very calming.

These are the two I used, but they have quite a few products for redness and rosacea.

http://www.boots.com/en/La-Roche-Posay-Rosaliac-AR-Anti-Redness-Skin-Perfecting-Daily-Moisturiser-40ML_1250075/

http://www.boots.com/en/LA-ROCHE-POSAY-TOLERIANE-Dermo-Cleanser-200ML_865618/
    Thanks for the links Misty Blue, I've not tried either of those products before. I'm quite loathe to buy new facial products now to be honest because I've wasted so much money in the past buying things which haven't worked or I've not been able to use. I may contact them and see if they have any samples available. :)
    A work colleague finally went to her GP and was prescribed Metrotop gel for hers will report back if there is any improvement.
    I've tried lots of different things in the past including resorting to Bio Oil, Savlon, Sudocrem etc. I was prescribed Rozex gel (metronidazole) originally which didn't seem to do anything, plus you have to avoid going out in the sun once you have used it. I think I need to go back to my GP and see what the next step is because it is making me very self-conscious.
    Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician.... :/
  • poppy_f1
    poppy_f1 Posts: 2,637 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    some UUs
    balance youth serum - its ok dont think id buy again
    alberto balsam conditioner - like this for a couple of uses during the week so would buy again once the stash is done
    garnier olia dye - my fav hair at the moment
    nivea q10 body oil - love this stuff but not sure if its any better than baby oil so will reserve the decision on buying again once other stuff is used up
  • Clutterfree
    Clutterfree Posts: 3,678 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    edited 15 February 2014 at 7:28PM
    Options
    Val, was it your daughter who had the blog? I can't find it now.
    Apologies if I've confused you with someone else.

Just seen the Clinique GWP bonus time and it is lovely. Unfortunately, (fortunately?!) we don't have a Debenhams near here and they don't do it online. :(

I wanted to buy their sunscreen too. Ah well, John Lewis have a bonus time soon but I bet it is not as good as the Debenhams set.
    :heart: Ageing is a privilege not everyone gets.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure