No buying unnecessary toiletries February 2014

Options

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    noelphobic - have you explored the possibility of something in your diet causing your roseacea/eczema, dairy seems to trigger a lot of skin problems. I suffer with mild acne and replaced milk with soya milk about 18 months ago and it has really helped.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Clutterfree
    Options
    I've cut out sugar from my diet and my skin has never looked better.
    It IS very hard to do though, because sugar is hidden in so many things - even pre-packed ham!
    :heart: Ageing is a privilege not everyone gets.
  • noelphobic
    noelphobic Posts: 2,297 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    noelphobic - have you explored the possibility of something in your diet causing your roseacea/eczema, dairy seems to trigger a lot of skin problems. I suffer with mild acne and replaced milk with soya milk about 18 months ago and it has really helped.

tried that too but no joy sadly. The frustrating thng is that it will spontaneously clear up from time to time and then come back a few weeks/months later. In the past when it's cleared up I've given the credit to whatever product I'm using at the time. However, I've now realised that there is never any connection to what I'm using. Also it's just as likely to be relatively clear when I'm neglecting it shamefully as it is to be in an awful state when I'm giving it lots of TLC.

I can't remember how long I gave up dairy for. How long after you gave up did you notice a difference?
    3 stone down, 3 more to go
  • rosemary54
    rosemary54 Posts: 2,495 Forumite
    Options
    rosemary54 wrote: »
    applied for the honey freebie and they said I,d get an email but none so far so not sure if it will arrive,sold some Benefit blusher on fleabay(the one that looks like blood!!!) and maybe some more as a few watchers
    got a "new" skirt I bought for £6 including post from fleabay,hope it fits as the last one was too small :(
    skirt arrived and cannot believe it........the hem is just overlocked and when trying on I noticed a part that had a curve out of it which on closer look showed it was a repair and just near by were a couple of holes!!!!looks like the woman caught a heel in it!!!!okay so was only £6 including post but there was no mention in the description and to make it worse I did feedback before I saw it as was pleased it arrived quickly :( the nerve of some people.

luckily it is quite long(almost to my ankle....label says 16s so think it is ankle length on a short person) and I am handy on a sewing machine so can shorten it and get rid of holes but really not pleased that someone could think they could get away with that.

sold two lots of benefit so pleased about that
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    noelphobic - it took a while for my skin to improve, I still have milk in hot drinks and still eat yoghurt but I eat cereal everyday and that was the largest amount of milk I have and that is what I replaced with soya. If I gave up all the other bits too it would probably be even better but I can't stand soya in hot drinks.

It most be so frustrating for you. Could it be the sun/or lack of or a vitamin/mineral that you are lacking or having too much of? Do you spend a lot of time in air conditioned/centrally heated environments? Something must be aggravating it.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • CookieMonsta
    Options
    1 UU to report - 15ml tube of Neutrogena Hand Cream which I found in my desk at work.

1 TA - Over the Top Whipped Creme moisturizing conditioner - I've had this for ages and use it every now and again but it makes my hair really greasy. Every time I look at it I feel negative energy so it's time to chuck it!

1 Repurpose - Organic Surge Citrus Mint Shower Gel - Mint is an irritant apparently and it does irritate my skin a lot. I must not buy mint shower gel! Decided to pour what I had left in one bottle into my laundry gel. I still have a full bottle to repurpose/regift.
    Decluttering 2015: 2162/2015
  • minicooper272
    Options
    rosermary I think you can change feedback if you want to later - it has to be doable, as some items can disintegrate over time. I know I've changed feedback before, but I did have to go through their customer services (because I wanted to change negative feedback to neutral)
  • KT2802
    KT2802 Posts: 595 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Such lovely weather today, a nice change!

1 UU -

33 - Lush white bath bomb - this was a one I bought in the Christmas sales, can't remember the name of. WMBA, favourite out of the bath bombs I have used from Lush so far. Still think I massively prefer the bubble bars though. Have UU all bath bombs now and just have the bubble bars left.
  • poppy_f1
    poppy_f1 Posts: 2,637 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    a UU i forgot to add yesterday - a soap and glory clean on me body wash
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Options
    I've cut out sugar from my diet and my skin has never looked better.
    It IS very hard to do though, because sugar is hidden in so many things - even pre-packed ham!

well done, I am also trying to cut out sugar. I have cut down a lot but still finding it very hard. Any tips :)
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport