No buying unnecessary toiletries February 2014

Options

Comments

• VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sjprmc01 wrote: »
    UU no 9/ lush snow fairy 500ml bottle it's a HG for me so will def buy again but I have another 500ml and 30 x 100ml in the stash (do I have the most embarrassingly huge stash ever?)

Give some as part of your bridesmaid's gifts! x
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • sjprmc01
    sjprmc01 Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY VALM:bdaycake:

Unfortunately the bridesmaid gift idea is a no-no as I'm only going to have my girls, lol!
    No more unnecessary toiletries Feb 2014 INS: 24 UU: 13. Mar 2014. INS: lost count, naughty step for me! UU: 8
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    PIXITOTTS, they normally have them in home bargains if there's one near you......

Ooh thanks! There's one not too far away worth a trip. I used to love home bargains when I was at uni everything came from there lol.
    X
    I hope you know your capable, & brave, & significant.
    even when it feels like your not....
  • girlybags
    Options
    girlybags wrote: »
    https://www.salcuraskincare.com/sample/

More freebies for anyone with acne prone skin or eczema (choice of 2 packs). I got these last week, it was a mini facial spray and 3 sample sachets of facewash. I tried being cheeky and filled out the forms for both sets as my skin is blemish prone and my son has eczema but only the first set came so looks like it's one per person/household.

The eczema set came today so being cheeky paid off!
    4 INs to report then:

Salcura Dermaspray 15ml
    Salcura Zeoderm skin repair moisturiser sachets x3

And couldn't resist a mint green Sally Hansen nail varnish from the pound shop :o
    Never say never
  • Babafette
    Babafette Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    asset2004 wrote: »
    Also have the l'occtaine hand creams to collect from f/b. Have asked my BF as he works nearby but he'd not been in yet :( hopefully he'll get them today but I've been asking him for a week :mad:
    I did ask my brother to pick these up for me a couple of weeks ago if he had the chance, but I've pretty much given up hope now. Never mind, at least I won't have to declare any ins. :p
    Anyways it's official as of today....it's gonna be on 23rd May this yr....just a small thing!
    Congratulations sjprmc01! :)
    luvlycake wrote: »
    Nail polish packaged and ready to go! 1 OUT! :)
    Thank you so much luvlycake, the polish arrived safely this morning complete with a gorgeous pair of earrings. That's so sweet of you. :o

Anyway, I'm a bit behind with the thread so I'm off to catch up before I post my latest use up.
    Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician.... :/
  • sjprmc01
    sjprmc01 Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    Oops!

4 ins.......this is what happens when you're an av0n rep!

Nail wear satin top coat
    Nail wear opal top coat
    Chopsticks eve liner, black
    Clear skin liquid extraction strip
    No more unnecessary toiletries Feb 2014 INS: 24 UU: 13. Mar 2014. INS: lost count, naughty step for me! UU: 8
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    It's my birthday so I have INs - lovely INs too:-

S&G set with Scrub of Your Life and Righteous Butter. I haven't used S&G for ages so am really looking forward to using these again.

Baylis & Harding Sweet Mandarin and Grapefruit set containing shower gel, body lotion and 100g bar of soap. Looking forward to trying this.

Dove gift set containing body lotion, hand cream and body brush - again looking forward to trying these. I've only ever used shower gels which made my skin dry but am hopeful that these products will be nice.

Set of 5 French Connection nail colours - all lovely colours.

£20.00 gift card for Boots which I'm going to save to get a pot of Origins Plantscription eye cream with.

All above from work mates.

Decleor Herbal Clay mask from MrM

Smashbox Full Explosure eyeshadow palette from Emma. Very excited about this however I need to go to Boots to return it tomorrow as it was meant to have a free mascara with it which was not included. Have spoken with them and they are fine for me to return this and exchange it.

Yankee Candle - sweet linen - from my sister. Again, lovely item.

Feel very very lucky and happy with all my gifts.

Have however been sent a card by QVC about the Elemis TSV coming up this Sunday and I really feel like I want it. Maybe see what the price is and if it's on Easy Pay!!

Many thanks. Will keep an eye out for these in the Wilko's close to work.

:bdaycake::bdaycake: HAPPY BIRTHDAY VAL :bdaycake::bdaycake:

I know of five people with birthdays today, but you are the only 'Val' . :D

Enjoy all your Ins!

Pixtotts. Re the Kleenex wipes, I tried these when they were in HB, but I found I liked the Aldi wipes far better and they are a very reasonable price. We don't have a HB, alas, so Aldi or Wilko for me.
    A few of the local - ish HBs seem to be moving to out of town locations; don't they realise that a lot of the people who shop at HB will not have access to their own transport?
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    VALM - Have a great birthday and enjoy your lovely pressies:D

I too, have received the advance notification on the Elemis, but don't need anything at all in this set, so am going to be good (I hope).

PIXTOTTS and ROSEMARY - I live not too far from Worcester and have been thinking of your friends and family while watching the local news, I hope that everyone is able to stay safe and dry, extended to include everyone wherever they live obviously:D:D

I should have a couple of UU's soon and have resisted all freebies and beauty box offers, valentine promotions etc, most I manage to delete without even reading:j I have an order on waiting list for the Revitalash eyelash conditioner, but forgot when it is due, so that may arrive in February.

Pirateyqueen - I won a giveaway of a 50ml size of Zelens Z Matrix Energy and Moisture Infusion which I think costs £84 and have not used it yet in case I fall in love with it:eek: I am intending to use it after the Winter is finished to (hopefully) give my skin a boost.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • noelphobic
    noelphobic Posts: 2,297 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 February 2014 at 4:11PM
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY VALM:bdaycake:

Unfortunately the bridesmaid gift idea is a no-no as I'm only going to have my girls, lol!

favours? Although I think you said it was only going to be a small do so maybe not.

Happy birthday VALM.
    3 stone down, 3 more to go
  • pirateyqueen
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »

Pirateyqueen - I won a giveaway of a 50ml size of Zelens Z Matrix Energy and Moisture Infusion which I think costs £84 and have not used it yet in case I fall in love with it:eek: I am intending to use it after the Winter is finished to (hopefully) give my skin a boost.

Ha ha it's difficult isn't it? It could ruin you for every other moisturiser!
    No more goo hoarding!

2018 UU: 9 IN: 1 TA: 0 Total: 58/67
    2017 UU: 50 IN: 16 TA: 2 Total: 42/78 2016 UU: 53 IN: 17 TA: 0 Total: 36/72
    2015 UU: 74 IN: 43 TA: 3 Total: 32/64
    2014 UU: 114 IN: 67 TA: 7 Total: 38/92
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts