No buying unnecessary toiletries February 2014

Options

Comments

• girlybags
    Options
    Can anyone recommend me a good night cream? I'm currently using Trilogy Rosapene which I LOVE but don't really want to pay £30 for a jar when I run out. Preferably I'd like something cruelty free, thanks in advance :)
    Never say never
  • noelphobic
    noelphobic Posts: 2,297 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    girlybags wrote: »
    That's it for OUTs but sent off for these http://manukahoneydiscount.co.uk/manuka-doctor-mini-kit-offer1.html today so may have 3 INs to declare soon.
    I just can't resist free stuff!

me too :T

Thanks for the link. Don't really have that many facial products so this is a guilt free freebie for me!
    3 stone down, 3 more to go
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Finally got round to updating my list.
    Came on to feel good about a ebay sale only to find I hadn't included it in the first place :( boo! Just waiting on payment on some more that were included though :D
    x
    I hope you know your capable, & brave, & significant.
    even when it feels like your not....
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can anyone recommend me a good night cream? I'm currently using Trilogy Rosapene which I LOVE but don't really want to pay £30 for a jar when I run out. Preferably I'd like something cruelty free, thanks in advance :)

I love Liz Earle Skin Repair as a night cream. I like the Normal/Combination one but you could order the Dry variety if you wanted a thicker cream.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

That's it for OUTs but sent off for these http://manukahoneydiscount.co.uk/manuka-doctor-mini-kit-offer1.html today so may have 3 INs to declare soon.
    I just can't resist free stuff!

I just had one of those major What... they are free?! moments... But may have ordered some too ;)

I live in Worcester but touch wood haven't been affected by the flooding. It's terrible my heart goes out to them. My little sisters friend is currently living with the river passing through her house, and they are STILL living there!! Their shower is downstairs and has to take her wellies to the shower with her... must be horrible!
    x
    I hope you know your capable, & brave, & significant.
    even when it feels like your not....
  • girlybags
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    I love Liz Earle Skin Repair as a night cream. I like the Normal/Combination one but you could order the Dry variety if you wanted a thicker cream.

Thanks, I'll put it on my 'to try' list :)

I also may have gone to the Manuka Doctor website and ordered the Try Me Kit from there, free with £2.50 p&p... Oops! Well the Trilogy Rosapene has Manuka honey in it so might be similar... That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :p
    Never say never
  • luvlycake
    Options
    A couple more OUTs

34 - ELF natural mascara, lengthening and moisturising. Was just a little too natural for me. I like huge lashes! TA WNBA
    35 - Dolce and Gabana The One sample - actually really lovely and I probably would buy it...*glances at perfume stash*
    36 - Benefit The're real - love this, best so far WBA in a heartbeat!
    37 - Body Shop Aloe toner - fairly standard...but the end of my toner stash! Woo hoo!
    38 - Lush snow fairy - om nom nom. WBA at Christmas ;)
    Cookie, I think you're tame. :heart2:

No buying unnecessary toiletries in 2014 challenge
    2013 Out: 307; In: 38 2014 Out: 100; In; 8

themagpiesdaughter.co.uk
  • Sophie165
    Options
    One UU to declare from my PP list:

Soap and glory - the righteous butter. I liked this - rubbed in well and liked the smell. Although there are probably better body butters out there. WMBA on boots offer at Christmas and would happily use if gifted.

One IN to declare:
    Dove deodorant - none in stash and current deodorant near finishing so necessary purchase. AND managed to avoid buying anything unnecessary whilst in boots!
    No buying unnecessary toiletries in 2014: currently counting hoard....numbers TBA
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    I wonder whether the customer MrM visited was a fellow MSE lady who had decanted shower gel into the handwash pump then?

I'm sure I've seen this as a handwash in Wilko's last summer. It is a seasonal one, I think. OS handwashes do seem to appear and disappear regularly.
    Atm, I'm using an A!di Carrageen Moss handwash that is absolutely lovely. Going down rapidly!
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • mad_scientist
    Options
    Thanks for the link girlybags, I have placed an order too. Gotta love a freeby!
    No more buying unnecessary toiletries 2018
    35 UU / 13 unnecessary ins
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family