We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

No buying unnecessary toiletries February 2014

Options

Comments

• VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,857 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sjprmc01 wrote: »
    Lol! Yeah well we've been together forever (12yrs) and since we technically got engaged in 2009 and we only just got round to getting me an engagement ring (with 3 young girls the money was always needed for something else) so I thought I'd better just get the wedding bit over and done with or it would never happen lol (so romantic, me!)

Anyways it's official as of today....it's gonna be on 23rd May this yr....just a small thing!

Congratulations on your upcoming big day.
    I
    28ml Elemis white flowers eye and lip make up remover - WNBA ineffective - think I have another GWP in my stash.

Thanks for reviewing this moneyless mac. Was wondering whether to try it or not.
    Sophie165 wrote: »
    GA - sanctuary cube from sales containing a mini bath foam, body wash and body lotion. It's my friends birthday this weekend and myself and another friend have bought us all a spa day - we have hidden the voucher in the sanctuary box - can't wait to see her look of slight disappointment when she initially opens the present (seeing as both of us has clubbed together) and the look of surprise when she finds the voucher

Also another 3 items out the stash!!!!!

Lovely idea and surprise for your friend.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,857 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    2 UU's today!

Original source shower gel in Vanilla milk and raspberry. WBA as its my ultimate favorite it feels like having a shower in a milkshake! Plus they are always on offer for £1 somewhere which is a bonus.

For his job MrM travels around the country dealing with repairs re: window/door furniture, locks and handles. He was in someone's house this week and after using their loo used some of the OS Vanilla and Raspberry handwash and was telling me how lovely it is. (See I have him well trained!). Have you tried the handwash as well? Just wondering if it dries the skin on hands out as I have to be careful what handwash I use. Wouldn't mind switching to this one if it's ok.
    Thanks everyone!

UU no 7. Mark hill get it straight shampoo 75mls bottle. WNBA was part of an old Christmas gift set and I'm not done with the conditioner yet

Is it only me who ends up with tons of conditioner left over? I believe it's normally the other way round?

I too am working my way through a tonne of Mark Hill Straightening products from the multiple gift sets that I bought in last years Boots Jan sale. I too end up with tonnes of conditioner rather than shampoo. Mind you I double cleanse with shampoo so maybe that's the reason why.

2 more UUs but still sadly not the last one from my PP list:-

Elemis PCMC - HG already have another in stash and will take from my drawer tonight ready for tomorrow.

L'Occitane Foot Cream - another HG and again I have a spare (only bought recently). I also have a small tube of Burts Bees foot cream which I'm going to get out and use next.

The NSPA BB cream on my PP list seems to be going on and on like the Andrex rolls. I've now cut the tube open and am trying to apply only a sparing amount. This didn't happen yesterday though. Only when I got to work did I feel like my eyebrows were caked in the stuff.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Fiasco55
    Fiasco55 Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lol! Yeah well we've been together forever (12yrs) and since we technically got engaged in 2009 and we only just got round to getting me an engagement ring (with 3 young girls the money was always needed for something else) so I thought I'd better just get the wedding bit over and done with or it would never happen lol (so romantic, me!)

Anyways it's official as of today....it's gonna be on 23rd May this yr....just a small thing!

Congratulaions sjprmc01 - lovely news.

I am back from my break away. Had a great time but have purchaced the biggest amount of products in as long as I can remember :eek::eek::eek:

Molton Brown Ziao Jao Shampoo 30mls (freebie)
    Molton Brown Ylang-Ylang Body Wash 300mls
    Molton Brown Yuan Zhi Bath & Shower gel 30mls (freebie)
    Laid Bare In Safe Hands Hand Lotion 50ml (at BF’s)
    Molton Brown Rok Mint Hand Lotion 300mls
    Molton Brown Thai Vert Hand Lotion 300mls
    Molton Brown Amber Cocoon Hand Lotion 300mls
    Molton Brown Naran Ji Set 300mls - Prezzie for my mums birthday
    Laid Bare Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow Hair minimising leg moisturiser
    Molton Brown Navigations Through Scent Lijiang 50mls
    Laid Bare 9 to 5 Moisturiser 50mls
    Pukka Night Cream 50mls (at BF’s)
    Pukka Day Cream 50mls
    Pukka Radiance serum 50mls
    Skin Blossom Eye Cream 15mls
    Laid Bare Eye Cream 30mls

At an attempt to justify some of this stuff...I had been looking at eye creams in whole foods I did try out some of the Laid Bare and Pukka products but given the prices, I resisted. Then I was in TK Maxx on Monday night and they had the Pukka stuff at £9.99 instead of £25 and the Laid Bare was half price too.

Anyway went back to work yesterday and have picked up a bug there. Been shivering and shaking in bed. Made it into work for a few hours but ended back in bed :( On the plus side I might lose a few pounds :)
    No buying toiletries Graduated May 2017
    Decluttered 2016 2469 items, 2017 1580 items :j
    2018 3060 items
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 038
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    welcome back Fiasco55, hope you're feeling better soon
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • emsjune78
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

UU no 7. Mark hill get it straight shampoo 75mls bottle. WNBA was part of an old Christmas gift set and I'm not done with the conditioner yet

Is it only me who ends up with tons of conditioner left over? I believe it's normally the other way round?

No I'm the same, its always the conditioner left. I think I'm more careful not to use too much conditioner and leave my hair lank and I also tend to switch it around with an intensive one/the one you get with hair dye so I assume they're my reasons!

One UU to declare - Percy & Reed No Oil Oil, just decanted the last precious drops into the replacement bottle, its not cheap so doing that is a no brainer but I'm embarassed to say pre-challenge I wouldn't have even thought of doing it and I wouldn't have dreamed of cutting things open like I do now :o So I am learning and much improved!

The wind here, as most places I can gather, is horrendous and my cold is stubbornly refusing to shift - wild horses wouldn't get me back out of the house tonight. Thank goodness for fluffly dressing gowns and central heating, I'm so glad my boiler is new and dare I say it *whispers* reliable. Take care everyone x
  • rosemary54
    rosemary54 Posts: 2,495 Forumite
    Options
    just wanted to say hope everyone is okay in this awful weather!DS2 lives in Maidstone and DS3 in Worcester both flooded but think they are okay,never known anything like it!

still no ins,did get sent the skirt from fleabay so faith restored a bit :)
  • nillionaire
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    For his job MrM travels around the country dealing with repairs re: window/door furniture, locks and handles. He was in someone's house this week and after using their loo used some of the OS Vanilla and Raspberry handwash and was telling me how lovely it is. (See I have him well trained!). Have you tried the handwash as well? Just wondering if it dries the skin on hands out as I have to be careful what handwash I use. Wouldn't mind switching to this one if it's ok.

You NEED to try the shower gel its so lovely smelling :) not the best at foaming but that really doesn't bother me. Not tried the handwash as I've never seen it! Would definitely buy one if I saw one to try if the shower gel is anything to go by :)
    Frugal Student!!!
  • Sundaysgirl
    Sundaysgirl Posts: 1,096 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Congratulations sjprmc01 - such lovely news, how exciting!

I now have less than 2 months until my wedding :eek: still so many little details to sort and work is crazy at the moment - and I'm feeling sniffly/run down :(

Fiasco and whizzy pop - hope you feel better soon. Some lovely ins from your weekend away fiasco :)

I have UUs:

28. Kiehl's rosa arctica cream 3g - WNBA, hard to tell from a small sachet but probably too rich for my skin (as most Kiehl's products seem to be) and OH hated the smell!

29. Hello Kitty for Liberty body butter 200ml :j - WNBA, this was a gift and was ok but a real LHJ. Wouldn't mind using again if gifted again.
    MFW 2017 #123 2018: £1,852.64/£39,200 (4.7%)
  • sjprmc01
    sjprmc01 Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    Im the other way - I remove all the packaging from gift sets so more stash fits it the available space.

I do this with most things, except when I buy numerous of the one item.

We took OH's mum to the supermarket, she told us she's booked her hols for 20th may :shocked: So that's her off the wedding invite list :eek: we asked her only last week when she was going hols and she said march or April
    No more unnecessary toiletries Feb 2014 INS: 24 UU: 13. Mar 2014. INS: lost count, naughty step for me! UU: 8
  • sam.4000
    sam.4000 Posts: 1,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you fell better soon Emsjune and fiasco.

UU's
    Frizz ease conditioner WMBA I quite liked it still have about a third of a bottle of the shampoo and I started using this before the conditioner as well as using other conditioners.

The comforter bubble bar WBA not my favourite but it better value for money than most other bubble bars and it nice enough.

Oh dear I have seen a spoiler for some new bubble bars for Easter in lush and I am so tempted, I managed not to buy any of the valentines range as I either did not lie, the scent or refuse to pay £7 for 1 bath bomb.

Stay safe everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family