Money and Me - A Love/Hate Story

Options

Comments

• RainbowBridgeReturns
    RainbowBridgeReturns Posts: 408 Forumite
    edited 18 February 2014 at 6:41PM
    Options
    I want to be blondified too! She's there inside me waiting to be launched on to the world.

I don't no why we are waiting, roots just add to the look, it's all in the attitude, and 'knock em dead stares' which cost nothing. .... you first ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=StKVS0eI85I
    "I wondered why the Frisbee was getting bigger, and then it hit me". £9/£250
    Project Peacock - 2/33 - 1lb/7lb target.
    £6.00 a day challenge £118.77/£170
    Mtge debt includes car purchase - £46,381/ now £44,336 - Paid 4.4%
    Emergency Savings 550.00/£1000
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Omg you two. You've just conjured up memories of standing in the toilets on a night out, spraying my hair with hairspray then throwing my head upside down to dry it under the hand dryer
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • skintygerlinky
    Options
    Shortie wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl:

I just found your diary after wondering why the musical taste came from

...And now, I have the the video to Heart 'Alone' going through my mind with bug boufant hair

:rotfl:

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Hiya Shortie!!
    2014 Frugal Living Challenge
    #48 Crazy 2014 Clothes Challenge: £95.00/£100
    Number of read books/unread books: 9/56
    Number of new books bought in 2014: 1

Ain't nothin' goin' on but the rent
  • skintygerlinky
    Options
    I want to be blondified too! She's there inside me waiting to be launched on to the world.

I don't no why we are waiting, roots just add to the look, it's all in the attitude, and 'knock em dead stares' which cost nothing. .... you first ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=StKVS0eI85I

Wooooooooooohooooooooooooo!! Good call, Rainbow!!! I love Debbie Harry, she wore roots with attitude!!

• skintygerlinky
    Options
    Omg you two. You've just conjured up memories of standing in the toilets on a night out, spraying my hair with hairspray then throwing my head upside down to dry it under the hand dryer

Hahahaaaa! And limbo-ing in a panic if anyone walked past with a cigarette - I would've gone up in flames, there were that many chemicals in my bonce :rotfl:

• skintygerlinky
    Options
    Hi All,

Hahhahahahaa you lot make me laugh!!

Well I went for a swim today and bumped into a couple of mates. Had made previous arrangements to go to the pics with one of them tmw, so whilst we were all having a brew we had a chat about our arrangements.

Now, on previous trips to the cinema, we've always met up beforehand for a catch up natter over brunch/lunch, then gone to watch our film - buying loads of sweets, popcorn, drinks...the usual.

But things sure have changed here on Walton's mountain :rotfl: !!

So when she asked 'shall we have something nice to eat before we go?' I just had to calmly say 'no'.

I can deffo meet for a coffee beforehand. No probs. I can deffo indulge in our 2-4-1 cinema tickets offer. I can deffo bring my own sweets from home too!! But I just can't afford the extra £15-20 spent on filling my face, I'm afraid.

Proud of self!! Feel I'm calmly accepting of my skinty-ness and therefore expect others to be, too. Of course, my friend is exactly what she says on the tin - she is a friend.

A friend who said 'no worries! I could do with saving a bit this month to be honest. Glad you said that!'

Friends. They're ace, aren't they? :) xxxxxx

• Shortie
    Shortie Posts: 2,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hahahaaaa! And limbo-ing in a panic if anyone walked past with a cigarette - I would've gone up in flames, there were that many chemicals in my bonce :rotfl:

Hehehehehe, where as a few years ago I went the complete other way - I when from naturally dead pan straight long hair to short Sonic the Hedgehog spikes (but sadly not blue - wouldn't have gone down well in work :p)

The amount of mousse, gel and hairspray I used to keep the spikes up all day was outstanding.

And would sting like h3ll if I got caught in rain heavy enough to soak my hair and make the water dribble into my eyes - hair chemicals and all :rotfl::rotfl:
    April 2021 Grocery Challenge 34.29 / 250
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I'm subscribing. When I logged on earlier your name came up as the most recent post. As you know I am a big fan of your musical links and now you have me hooked on U-tube. All yesterday evening and today I have been re-living the 60s and early 70s whilst de-cluttering and occasionally dancing round the room. I started with the Turtles and Zombies (not the mutants), worked through the Love Affair (saw them live at a local club in the late 70s) Gary Puckett,PP Arnold, the Small Faces and Rory Gallagher. Tonight I have re-visited Roy Harper (She's the one)and Arlo Guthrie (Alice's restaurant). You can be blondie, can I be Patti Smith (Because the night).

Reading your diary, we have very little in common but I love your spirit and it doesn't matter how we got here, we are all in the same boat.

To my fellow subscribers I would say Boyfriends never carry bags. You're always on your own. I remember once standing at the bus stop on the Friday of the weekend before Christmas waiting for the bus to catch the train to go to the outlaws. heavily pregnant, holding the toddler's hand and trying to keep control of the pushchair, nappy bag, clothes and present bags whilst my OH, who had been partying at work since before lunch hung onto a lamp-post to stay up-right.

Going through the veg basket and making as many meals as I could always helped calm me and make me feel in control.

We always took our own sweets to the cinema when the boys were young. I used to put a selection in a party bag and hand them out when we were all settled. I took a party of 10 for one of DS3s birthdays once. I roped in DS2 and one of his friends (3 years older) to help me herd them (someone had suggested the cinema at a well known retail establishment as there were no roads to cross to get there, just straight off the bus and through the shopping centre. In addition to the party bags, I took beakers and 2 litre bottles of soft drinks. On the way back 2 women waiting at the same bus stop asked me which school we were from, as they were all so well-behaved.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Can I be pat benetar?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • girlatplay
    girlatplay Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi All,

Hahhahahahaa you lot make me laugh!!

Well I went for a swim today and bumped into a couple of mates. Had made previous arrangements to go to the pics with one of them tmw, so whilst we were all having a brew we had a chat about our arrangements.

Now, on previous trips to the cinema, we've always met up beforehand for a catch up natter over brunch/lunch, then gone to watch our film - buying loads of sweets, popcorn, drinks...the usual.

But things sure have changed here on Walton's mountain :rotfl: !!

So when she asked 'shall we have something nice to eat before we go?' I just had to calmly say 'no'.

I can deffo meet for a coffee beforehand. No probs. I can deffo indulge in our 2-4-1 cinema tickets offer. I can deffo bring my own sweets from home too!! But I just can't afford the extra £15-20 spent on filling my face, I'm afraid.

Proud of self!! Feel I'm calmly accepting of my skinty-ness and therefore expect others to be, too. Of course, my friend is exactly what she says on the tin - she is a friend.

A friend who said 'no worries! I could do with saving a bit this month to be honest. Glad you said that!'

Friends. They're ace, aren't they? :) xxxxxx

Well done! My friends are ace, defo. xx
    Mortgage at 12/07/2022 = £175,000
    Mortgage today = £166,457.86
    300 282 payments to go.
    House buyout fund £3,261.67/£40,000
    Random Pick Fridays = £80.01
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing