Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on

Options

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,722 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Me too KC! No sign of updated mortgage offer today, and on checking back, I see broker's email said they'd issue a new one 'within 24-48 hours' :wall: Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

I liked the surveyor too, and I like the solicitor and my estate agent. The broker, however, can go somewhere and do unspeakable things to himself, as can the lender. Between them they've caused no end of trouble! Seller's estate agent might think about joining them too - although she's not horrid, I'm just getting fed up of her chasing me :$

Eek to rats in the attic! A friend has got mice at the minute, and we've never had them at all which I've always been surprised at in such an old house. We have seen the odd rat in the garden, but fortunately never in the house. That all might be about to change though moving out into the middle of nowhere... :eek:

Mr Cheery's arriving soon to take me out to tea to celebrate (kind of) our nearly-but-not-quite mortgage offer :rotfl:
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,382 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm crossing my fingers that there is good news on the mortgage offer front today Cheery!

I'd make a start on physically sketching out the outline of the complaint letter about the broker if it were me - it can only make you feel better, surely?! He really has been worse than useless. I think a lot of the problems you've had with the lender have been down to the issues with the broker, wrong product and all the confusion to be honest - they are *usually* one of the better ones, hard though I know that is to believe. The thing of someone different looking at the file every time is standard practise with most of them these days I'm afraid - it's designed to stop things getting missed, and mostly it works well. "Mostly"...I said... :eek:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm sorry to see you are still having problems. Fingers crossed the correct offer turns up tomorrow and you'll be ready to go.
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • redofromstart
    Options
    I got my hopes up that things had finally got moving for you - much sympathy from me.
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Thank you lovely people :kisses3: You're right about the broker being the main problem (I have pointed out more than oce that I thought using a broker was meant to make the process run more smoothly...)

You won't be surprised to hear that corrected mortgage offer has NOT turned up today :mad: At least the lender is consistent, taking a minimum of 3 days to do anything at all, including changing 7 digits on a letter :mad: (the house doesn't cost millions by the way :eek: there are an odd number of pennies involved :rotfl: )

I did send an annoyed email to the broker at 4.30pm but had no response... So, list for tomorrow:

* Ring broker again first thing
    * email seller's estate agent asking them to fix heating, and sorting a date to go for a measuring up visit (would rather save this email til I can confirm we have the mortgage offer... but on the other hand they need to get on with it!)
    * text buyer to say we have their post andcan't find their current address to redirect it to :rotfl:

It's like having a second job! :eek:

Deep breaths...
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Afternoon MSE chums :hello: and what a lovely sunny afternoon it is! :j :j

Well, we finally have our corrected mortgage offer :j :j :j Received 3 months to the day since we offered on the house :eek: and dead on 12 weeks since we put the mortgage application in :eek: NOT a process I am keen to repeat! :eek :

Of course, the building society has rounded the amount up by 40p to make a full pound, so the amount on the mortgage offer now doesn't match the amount on the legal paperwork... :wall: but the solicitor seems to think he can sort that out one way or another pretty quickly...

I've had no response to my email on Thursday to the seller's estate agent asking them to check the heating...

And today I've had a letter from the broker with an application form or life insurance with 'sign here' post-it sticker on. £51 a month! :eek: I flatly refuse to do ANYTHING that will get him any more commission (and I don't trust his judgement one bit) so sadly I'm just off to spend an hour reading and putting stuff into comparison sites to see (a) what is absolutely necessary, (b) what we actually want, and (c) how much cheaper we can get it than £51 a month :eek:

Wish me luck...
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 11 November 2017 at 4:05PM
    Options
    :j:j:j:j:j

HOORAY!!!!! - So happy for you that it's finally arrived! - One step closer to your very own lovely character home!

Agree 100% with you about not trusting him - too bad commission is not like tipping where you decide what percentage to leave at the end of service.:D;):rotfl:
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    I know! At least I don't actually have to pay him anything out of my own pocket - now THAT would be annoying :mad:

Anyway - life insurance :eek: Never had it before (I was never on the mortgage before...). Isn't it expensive?! :eek: Well, not for me - if we only insure me, it's £7.98 :money: Mr Cheery however, being somewhat more advanced in years than me (and therefore far more likely to die in the next 25 years :eek: ), costs £37 a month :eek: Or we can have a joint policy for £38 a month :eek:

That's for 25 years, decreasing term (so will only pay out what's left on the mortgage). Wonder if we could just do it for 20 years, given we're very likely to pay it off early?!
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Yep, 20 years takes it to £30 a month which somehow feels far more reasonable :j

Will also need to sort buildings and contents insurance but can't face doing any more of that nonsense in one day :o :rotfl:
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hiya Cheery :D

SO glad to hear that you've finally got the mortgage sorted... :j:j:j :beer:
    You've more patience than me, I would probably have been done for serious GBH on that useless broker :mad:
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport