Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on

Options

Comments

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,773 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Excuse my crappy phone spelling :o:D
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Morning MSE chums :hello:

Just up in time for a quick pre-work YNAB and bank shuffle before work :j

All shuffled into place, and house fund topped up to £16,000 :eek: :eek: :j Well, virtually at least - there's actually only £12,000 ish in there and the rest will be added when the ISA cash arrives, hopefully tomorrow but I suppose Monday now. But who knows - it specified 33 days, not a number of *working* days... We'll see. When that arrives, we've got another savings account with the same bank so once the house fund is topped up, we'll put any extra into that and call it the emergency fund.

Once we've moved (if we ever bloody move) I'll look at something ever so slightly higher interest, but I'm not going to complicate things by trying to open new bank accounts now.

Right, nowt else to report so I'd best get my backside to work. Slept slightly better last night but still feel like a damp dishrag :o Only a few hours of gentle (sitting down) work (and a spin class :eek: ) and then it's the weekend and I can sleep through til Sunday lunchtime if I like :j
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    oooooh, Cheery - Joan Jett and the Blackhearts - they don't write 'em like that any more!!!! :rotfl::T

Have a cheery day - and I hope you get to have the weekend you desire. If the weather is as pants as everyone is predicting, there will be no better place to spend it than under the duvet! :D

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £1/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £187.95/215
    Non-food household spend May £24.01/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Tescodealqueen
    Options
    oooooh, Cheery - Joan Jett and the Blackhearts - they don't write 'em like that any more!!!! :rotfl::T

You know you are getting old when you love Joan Jett but remember that The Arrows did it in the seventies:eek:

I think I want one of those skeletons!
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Think VERY carefully about that TDQ :rotfl: It sang pretty much the entire song! :rotfl: :D
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    You know you are getting old when you love Joan Jett but remember that The Arrows did it in the seventies:eek:

Ooooh, I feel positively teenagerish in comparison :rotfl::rotfl: TDQ - hello :wave: from someone of (possibly) a similar vintage....... :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Greying XX
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £1/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £187.95/215
    Non-food household spend May £24.01/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Tescodealqueen
    Options
    Ooooh, I feel positively teenagerish in comparison :rotfl::rotfl: TDQ - hello :wave: from someone of (possibly) a similar vintage....... :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Greying XX

Hello there:wave:I remember the song from the year I started work.....
    Some of my son's friends think Britney did the original version........

I will reconsider then Cheery but the thought that it would drive my guitar playing son mad is tempting!
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Oh well in that case I reckon you should go right ahead :D Let us know when you've done it :D :rotfl:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    So TDQ - did you get the dancing skeleton?? :rotfl: :rotfl:

We had a jolly weekend of pottering and sociability :j And a tiring day at work today :o But I've spent nothing other than buying some milk for the work tea kitty (a necessary expense - I do NOT work (or do anything else) without tea :o )

Some *teeny* amount of house progress - solicitor sent the requested letter to the lender on Friday, they have confirmed they have received it and will make a decision by Wednesday :eek: Fingers and toes all crossed that decision results in an actual mortgage offer of the amount we requested :eek:

ISA dosh arrived today too :j :j so bank looks (temporarily) very healthy indeed :D House fund topped up, and emergency fund separated out so any little extras that trickle in now can be added to that.

I'm paid on the 18th, and was thinking that if we don't move before 18th November (unlikely) then we'll have an extra month's worth of savings to add to the pot :j However, that's not true is it? If we move at the start of December they're still going to want the mortgage before I'm paid again :rotfl:

So unless we don't move until AFTER 18th December there's not another substantial dollop to add to the emergency fund before we go :eek: :eek: :eek:

Of course, the rate we're going, there's every chance we won't move til after 18th December :o :rotfl: :rotfl:

Got my value out of gym membership this morning - turned up for a HIIT (burn) class (!) and I was the only person there!! Didn't even know what HIIT (burn) was until I started doing it :o :rotfl: Bloke was lovely and ran the class anyway with just me in it :rotfl: Most embarrassing but he was lovely, and it was all weights and lifting etc so more like a personal training session anyway. Might have said no if it was Jane Fonda-style aerobics :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • Tescodealqueen
    Options
    Haven't managed to get to Aldi yet, as got sidetracked and went to have a look round the new IKEA for a mattress! Probably a more sensible purchase if I am honest
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure