Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on

Options

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You don't need to take it off the market - her asking you to do that isn't reasonable as she's not got an offer on hers yet. As you say - patience! See how the other viewings that are scheduled in go and if nothing from those ask the agents to give it a bit of a push to get some more if she's still not ready to commit. Remember you're paying them - make them work for those hefty fees they charge! ;) The woman who offered well over - if she's keen then she's get cracking with getting hers and and then you can agree about taking off the market etc!

Deep breaths love - you'll get there !
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,738 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    She's said she'd only sell for our house, so won't put hers on unless we take ours off... it's like some elaborate (expensive and tedious) poker game! :rotfl:

Deep breaths definitely needed! :o :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    You are finding them aren't you! Bottom line is she either wants to move, or she doesn't want to move - but throwing her weight around and making unreasonable demands is not a great way of proceeding either way! :rotfl: I would say I'm glad all the unreasonable house buyers are in your neck of the woods but sadly I know all too well that we have our fair share down here as well! :rotfl::rotfl: I can't imagien that the agents won't already have told her that she's being unrealistic mind you.

Fingers crossed you get a lovely, obliging, happy to offer over the asking price, ready to proceed non-messer viewing later!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Yep, fingers crossed! She knew her offer was completely ludicrous I think :rotfl: :rotfl: and they said they wanted to move school catchments...

Suspect folks behave like this everywhere actually... :eek:
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Oh trust me, they do! :D
    she/her
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Urgh, well a few days and several ridiculous house shenannigans later, here we are... :o :rotfl:

Had a wibble about the house we're planning to buy - or rather not the *house* but the location. Spent quite a lot of time over near there this week, still wibbling.

There are still no other offers on the house we're planning to buy, so decided to accept offer from the woman who needs to sell hers - will buy us some time and give us several grand extra.

Except it won't - because they've now decided they can 'only afford' rather less than their original offer (I suspect this is 'punishment' for us not accepting it at first!) They're now offering such a small amount over the first time buyers that it's not worth it. We put in a counter bid - and then the estate agent closed for the weekend.. :eek:

Spent lots of time over near new house - reassured by some things, horrified by others :eek: :o So still no decision on that front.

Investigating the possibility of renting for a bit to get a feel of a couple of places - expensive experiment (we'd probably do a week or so in a holiday cottage in a couple of places while still living here and commuting to work :eek: ) but less expensive than moving somewhere we can't bear to live! :eek:

Anyway, everything difficult and everyone (including me) being irrational :o:o

Been ignoring YNAB and ignoring cooking and basically just spending on anything that would either help the house sell (smelly things, new bathmat etc) or food.

YNAB and banks a complete mess :o Just spent two hours sorting through receipts and the 'budget fiddling' category is looking VERY unhealthy :o

Even had to transfer money back out of the blithering savings account to make sure the new tv was covered :o:o Yes, uber frugal bloody July and we just bought a new !!!!in tv! :eek:

So everything has gone all wrong and we are all over the blithering place :o Not helped by dashing from the far North East to Kent and everywhere in between for work in the last couple of weeks, including several overnight trips :eek: Giant expenses claim coming which I hope will make the bank account look somewhat healthier!

But - some successes :j :j

I have picked a load of gooseberries and actually managed to get them in the freezer :j A jam-making mission tomorrow! :j

I have packed lunch for work, and have enough bread/cheese and malt loaf etc for picnic for the next couple of days. After Thursday my tearing up and down the country for work ends (thank goodness!) so hopefully we can get back to some kind of routine, especially now viewings have ended (fingers crossed) and we can do things like cook and wash again :rotfl:

Right - I can't promise that I will make rational decisions, or not ever buy lunch in a cafe, but for the rest of the month I hereby promise that I will faithfully enter EVERY SINGLE TRANSACTION into YNAB within 2 minutes of it happening :o:o

Payday this week thank goodness - can o some shuffling and get my act together! :o

As ever, grateful that all this messing and uncertainty and nonsense is not getting us into debt. Having to transfer dosh back out of savings did NOT feel good and I won't be doing it again!! :eek: :eek: :o
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    First transaction entered - £1 on the bus :rotfl: could have saved that if Id goty act together to get out of the house sooner! :mad:

Just totted up train tickets in my purse - that's about £500 worth of expenses :eek: quite an unusual month but its certainly made a difference to the bank balance!! :eek: will get on the case with claiming those as soon as I'm back in the office on Wednesday - probably take me all day looking at the sheer number of tickets, and they're not all to be claimed from the same place... :eek:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Well, more idiotic behaviour from me - got confused in invitig friends round for tea and ended up getting a taxi home from the station last night - £7.40 :eek: stupid really as it probably only saved me 20 mins and Mr Cheery was in anyway to let them in. NOT appropriate behaviour, especially for uber frogal month :mad:

Ended up faffing and late this morning too :o got a taxi to the station (work will pay for this one but I was looking forward to a walk in the sunshine). Then ticket machine wouldn't sell me the advertised off peak ticket so I had to buy an anytime return for an extra £43 :eek: fortunately work is paying again, but it still rankles.

Normally Id do avance tickets to save work money, but this particular bit of work requires flexibility and potential last minute changes so I budgeted for walk on flexible tickets. Good job really!! Although so far I haven"t actually had to make any last minute changes as it turns out... :rotfl:

So. Back on track with uber frugality. Last night we had friends round for tea for first time in months, and Mr Cheery cooked for the first time since his operation 5 weeks ago :eek: we actually sat round a table and ate a meal like civilised people! :j can't even remember the last time we did that but it was nice :o might do it again :D

So I've got leftovers for lunch :j and a bottle of squash, and I made a smoothie of the last of the frozen mango, tinned peaches, almond milk and peanut butter :j so that should do me for an afternoon snack. Also have a couple of slices of malt loaf and a couple of satsumas.

Planning on not spending anything that I can't claim back from work today! :money: unless the person I'm visiting doesnt provide tea of course - not sure I can go a full 12 hours without a cuppa... :o

Very much looking forward to being in the office tomorrow :j sounds odd, but I've not actually had a day in the office since 21st June and I'm feeling rather discombobulated :eek: been tearing up and down country for various reasons since then, plus a week off for house selling.

First job will be to sort out expenses claim, which after today is going to be close to £700 :eek: :eek: :eek:

*deep breaths*

This is how I ended up in debt you know - bloody expenses claims that I couldn't afford to fork out for, so had to get a credit card, then ended up usig it for other things and not paying it off straight away... :o Very grateful that doesn't need to happen now but it's sill alarming seeing that much dosh leave the account :eek:

Be nice when it all comes back in though :D :rotfl;): :rotfl:
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Not surprised you're looking forward to getting that claim in and sorted Cheery - but take it as a measure of how far you've come that you *are* able to absorb it short term! :T
    she/her
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Indeed :j

And I confess I forgot about my pledge not to spend anything and just forked out £1.99 for an ice cream :o:o:o but it's absolutely roasting and I've been sat outside all day and just walked through a load of fields to get the bus, but even so... :o:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure