Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Omigod! That's fantastic! Hope the viewings go really, really well.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,738 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks both :j :j Third set of people have just left - sadly our garden wouldn't suit their dog so they pretty much said no... other two were positive though and there are still four more this morning so we'll see. Got a spare 15 mins now, going to have a Tunnock's teacake :D
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    :eek:

7 viewings today - last one left 12.50. Emailed estate agent, and then realised he'd sent one at the same time saying we'd got one second viewing booked - and an offer 8.5% over the asking price :eek: :eek: :eek:

They're in the same position we were when we saw our dream house last weekend - house ready to sell but not in the market yet... they've booked a valuation with our agents for monday.

I've rung to check our vendors will take theirs off the market if we accept this, and if they will, we might well do. Eek! Our buyer will need to sell (but she's local to us and may actually do itcas quickly as we have), but our vendor also needs to find somewhere to buy... means a bit of a longer chain...

Or we could say no, and wait for another offer... fortunately our agents are now shut til monday so we have some time to consider!

What to do, what to do??
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow! It's a hot market up there! Great news :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Chocforever
    Chocforever Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm delighted to read that you have so much interest in your house and that the move will be a reality shortly.

I would wait until mid-week before making any decisions. See what feedback you get from other viewers. Sometimes the people that seem very keen at the beginning can change their mind once they have chance to reconsider so I would see if there are any other serious offers put forward and what their situation is. If your vendor finds somewhere to go quickly, you may be under pressure to secure a purchaser who is ready to move.

Good luck with it all. Exciting times.
    Mortgage, draw down Sept 2014: £222,000

Now: £173,229
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Thanks folks :)

Yep, I think we're going to wait and see. Going to pop in and have a chat with the estate agent tomorrow. Got two viewings booked in for Wednesday afternoon so might at least wait til after them.

Uber Frugal July is going, well, rubbishly :o :rotfl: :rotfl: Been out for lunch AND a cuppa two days in a row, and this evening I've had to throw away an entire courgette which had gone completely soft in the fridge :o

Oh dear. Mind on other things, clearly :o:o Also internet is playing up so we've been tethering the laptops to my phone internet so that might come back to bite us at some point :blink: Mr Cheery is on the case fixing it as we speak :j

In good news, Mr Cheery was concerned about potential commuting costs from new house, so today we filled the car right up, drove over there (and had lunch, and got in touch with the estate agent, and generally practiced living there for a couple of hours :D ) Filled up again when we got back

Grand total? £3.01 :money: :j
  • Pippilongstocking
    Pippilongstocking Posts: 16,336 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks folks :)

Yep, I think we're going to wait and see. Going to pop in and have a chat with the estate agent tomorrow. Got two viewings booked in for Wednesday afternoon so might at least wait til after them.

Uber Frugal July is going, well, rubbishly :o :rotfl: :rotfl: Been out for lunch AND a cuppa two days in a row, and this evening I've had to throw away an entire courgette which had gone completely soft in the fridge :o

Oh dear. Mind on other things, clearly :o:o Also internet is playing up so we've been tethering the laptops to my phone internet so that might come back to bite us at some point :blink: Mr Cheery is on the case fixing it as we speak :j

In good news, Mr Cheery was concerned about potential commuting costs from new house, so today we filled the car right up, drove over there (and had lunch, and got in touch with the estate agent, and generally practiced living there for a couple of hours :D ) Filled up again when we got back

Grand total? £3.01 :money: :j

Sounds ace and productive and hopeful and amazing on here!!!! :) awesome stuff me dear.

:D
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Well, we had another offer from a first time buyer, who dramatically icreased when he found out about the first one :j However he then brought his partner round to view, and they reduced back to their original offer... not impressed at such shennanigans before offer has even been accepted - doesm't exactly bode well for being straightforward to deal with later! :eek:

So we're hanging fire for a couple of days, as planned. Few more viewings tomorrow so fingers crossed...

Tis quite stressful this business :o and we've packed loads of our stuff so feels like we're rattling round in an empty holiday cottage - which is not remotely relaxing despite what you might think!!

Ho hum. Somethig will sort. Their offer is still over the asking price so we'll see!
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    As your vendors haven't yet found anywhere themselves you are under NO pressure to make any decisions yet anyway - don't lose sight of that will you! Take your time, take time to consider everything, and be very wary of someone who has started messing you about before an offer has even been accepted - in my experience those are the transactions where the shenanigans of that type usually continue throughout and cause issues.

Fabulous that you had no much interest so fast too!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Indeed. It is a bit daft that we're all running round like headless chickens when our vendors are away and haven't found anywhere else yet, and nobody else has offered on theirs...

But as yet nobody else has offered on ours either, despite everyonr being very excitable at viewings! Hey ho. Patience I suppose. At the minute I'm tempted to take it off and wait for the woman who needs to sell hers, but that may mean losing our new one... decisions decisions!

In other news - my bloody filling has fallen out AGAIN!! :eek: that's about five times now, two different dentists and several different types of material. It's the back half of back tooth so nowt to hold it in, and I fear we may now have to go down the crown route, having tried everything else... most vexing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure