Cheery's buttling diary: tea in one hand, plant pot in the other, running shoes on

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh you *are* thinking about income streams, aren't you! Hurray! You have craft skills, Cheery, I bet you could make high-end things in the lingerie field, for instance - I sold some hand-made jewelled headbands for a friend on the south coast one time, maybe 20 years ago, and they were £20 even then - there's money in the artisan areas. All those little shops in Kensington and whatnot (and Leeds, maybe?) have to get their wares from somewhere. I dare you :)

Or make things and take pix of them and turn them into greetings cards ...
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,724 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Ooh, interesting ideas! :j I like the idea of making high class lingerie :D :rotfl:

However, I must remember I'm meant to be moving house, and try to focus on ONE THING AT A TIME :o :rotfl:

Not spending money is just as valuable, after all! :j

(but I'll store up those ideas for when I need them... ) :D

Just had a text message from my own mother telling me to go to bed :rotfl: I replied 'yes mum!' before realising that, er, she is actually my mum :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    :mad: should have gone to bed an hour ago - but remembered I haven't yet bought tickets for my patchwork course I'm going on in London in June...

Thinking I'd do a bit of extra income, I went through Top Cash Back. Except it's been so long since I logged in, I had to create a new account. Then I went through thetrainline - who had ONE ticket left at £26 - which it lost while I was in the process of buying the damn thing :mad:

So I tried through east coast, but apparently I already have an account with them, but neither of us have any idea of the login details :mad:

now given up on top cast back and gone through redspottedhanky. Spent quite a long time deciding whether I should save £12 by leaving an hour earlier and changing at Retford station at 6.20 in the morning :eek: but on this occasion decided to be kind to myself and pay the extra £12 for a lie in and a straight through train (splitting on the way back)

Total cost £90 :eek: MOST vexed - if I'd done it yesterday I could have had the £26 on the way down there and it would have been less than £60 overall!

One day I'll learn... probably....

and I've reinforced my belief that cashback is more trouble than it's worth!

(probably unfair, I'm ludicrously overtired of course :o:o )
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    In fact, I'm going to give up on the whole endeavour til tomorrow :o Realised I don't know where the course actually is, and have no idea if 20 mins is enough to get there from St Pancras, and I'm too tired to make a sensible decision.

Should have followed my mother's advice an hour ago!
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Budget fiddling mystery solved - woke up this morning and remembered we shared a takeaway after the race on Sunday :rotfl:

(and I went to bed eventually, took forever to get up this morning and I'm still not quite awake! :o ) :rotfl:
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lots of thinking going here! I do my "best" thinking at night when I should be asleep too! And by best I mean most!

I totally get what you mean about getting the same wage every month. I've always worked in jobs where the more hours I worked the more I got paid (£/hr) now I work in a job where I get a salary so it doesn't matter how many hours I put in, I still get the same wage. I feel cheated by this too. I don't feel as though I'm "doing enough" money wise, if you get what I mean? It's a strange feeling.

KC I've just noticed you have updated your signature. You are retiring very young ;)
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Tis indeed a strange feeling - I reckon it comes from hanging round here too much :rotfl: :rotfl:

Nice day today :) Spent train fare, then I had to break into a £20 note to get change for the bus as it was p*ssing down and I didn't want to cycle :o Just bought £1.20 of fruit at the station (ONE apple and ONE banana :eek: )

Been and bought some more wholesome food tonight - working at home tomorrow and I do NOT want to be stuck with only bread and porridge for company! :eek:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Ooh, I'm on a mission tonight! :eek:

Just making some 'slimming world quiche' (and they really should think of a name because while it's extremely tasty, it's not really like quiche, which I despise :rotfl: ) Basically I just mix a tub of quark (or cottage cheese) with 2/3/4 eggs (depending how many I've got - 3 tonight) and a load of chopped up veg and chick peas, then throw in some salt/herbs/spices/flavouring - tonight just salt, basil and smoked paprika :j Very tasty :j (but not really quiche) :rotfl:

Have also sent some 'helpful feedback' to the local co-op shop about the reluctance of their staff to work on the tills :rotfl: :rotfl: Not usually this ranty but this was just one time too many tonight!! :rotfl:

Oh dear :o

Yet again, probably about time I went to bed... :o :rotfl:
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    starnac wrote: »
    KC I've just noticed you have updated your signature. You are retiring very young ;)
    Er, no :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

But ta muchly!
    Have also sent some 'helpful feedback' to the local co-op shop about the reluctance of their staff to work on the tills :rotfl: :rotfl: Not usually this ranty but this was just one time too many tonight!! :rotfl:

Oh dear :o

Yet again, probably about time I went to bed... :o :rotfl:
    You've reminded me of Bank Holiday Monday - at my local Morrisons, 4 young teenagers were using the entrance to the shop - not the gateway, but the actual entrance - as their goalmouth, zeroing in on it more and more. Interesting times!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Options
    Oh dear KC, that sounds rather unhelpful!! :rotfl:

Working at home today :j Although not actually started yet... :o But I *have* entered me and my sister into a race (with the team name 'Cheery's the winner!' (using my real name of course) :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I did ring to ask her about team names but she didn't answer the phone - her own stupid fault! :D :rotfl: Made me laugh anyway :rotfl: :rotfl:

Got to pop round and see someone in the allotment association at lunchtime about the agenda for the AGM. All very tedious but needs doing and she does only live round the corner and is very nice. I'll pop to vote at the same time.

Oh! And we have the key to the neighbour's house so we can pop round and get our little furry dog pal :j :j :j Very exciting :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure