New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Parking eye fine.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
49 replies 10.3K views

Replies

• edited 29 January 2014 at 9:31PM
    RedxRedx Forumite
    28.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 January 2014 at 9:31PM
    Horton wrote: »
    Hello,

Having sent the advise appeal in form of a letter, I have now received a before county court claim letter. They have ignore my first appeal, so now I plan to do this by email tonight.

I am not sure what else I should be doing?

Please help.:(

looks like you may be one of the thousands they are taking to court for ignoring them

read this http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4754020

also the parking pranksters guides too , from here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4864999

and this http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4876909

I was under the assumption that you had received an NTK and were appealing to PE in the usual manner , seems strange if you have an LBCCC so quickly if the Date of event: = 4th December 2013

I think I would complain to the BPA that they have not offered you a popla code
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • HortonHorton Forumite
    21 posts
    Thank you for the advice,

I hate to say this but they have got the better of me, there is a lot of imformation to take in. I have 14 days to pay before they proceed with court action. This is starting to make me feel ill just worrying about the situation. Im going to speak with a manger from one of the shops tomorrow to ask for their help too. With this I will decide what to do....

I hate to give in but this is too much for me to deal with.

:(:(:(:(:(
  • Of course it isnt to much to deal with, there are lots of people here to help you through this
    Proud to be a member of the Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Gang.:D:T
  • spacey2012spacey2012 Forumite
    5.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    They run a bunny boiler scam.
    One where they are prepared to lose £500 a pop at county court so they can use the ones that give in or don't turn up prepared as examples of how the bunny was boiled.

Mind you I have just worked out how to up it by another £300 for parking eye by stating the defence will take plus 6 hours as the full tape of the cctv of the period dating will be required to be shown in court as evidence.
    ALL OF IT.

Boy are they going to love me....
    Be happy...;)
  • Horton wrote: »
    Thank you for the advice,

I hate to say this but they have got the better of me, there is a lot of imformation to take in. I have 14 days to pay before they proceed with court action. This is starting to make me feel ill just worrying about the situation. Im going to speak with a manger from one of the shops tomorrow to ask for their help too. With this I will decide what to do....

I hate to give in but this is too much for me to deal with.

:(:(:(:(:(

There's really no need to worry, Parking Eye are losing every case against a person armed with forum knowledge. If you feel you can go on you will get help. There is also some major work going on in the background that could put an end to Parking Eye court cases.

Stay Strong and you can beat the bullies.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797).
  • Thank you for your support.

I have read the below letter, added by LazyDaisy. I am planning on sending this. Excuse my ignorance but I think this is what I should send in order to acknowledge them.

Is this the right template letter to use?

ParkingEye Ltd
    Legal Department

Address

Date

For the personal attention of Rachel Ledson (Supervising Solicitor)

Dear Ms Ledson

ParkingEye Ltd v [Name]
    Proposed Legal Proceedings

Thank you for your letter of [insert date].

First, the alleged debt is disputed and any court proceedings will be vigorously defended.

Secondly, despite the wholly inaccurate statement that the letter is 'fully compliant with the Practice Direction' it is in fact woefully defective and appears to be a deliberate attempt to mislead the recipient.

Please therefore provide a Letter Before Claim which complies with the requirements of Annex A Para 2 of the Practice Direction on Pre-action Conduct:

I confirm that I shall then seek advice and submit a formal Response within 30 days of receipt, as required by the Practice Direction.

Please ensure that someone does actually read and respond to this letter, providing the specific information relating to the county court claim that your client intends to make against myself as the defendant to the proposed legal proceedings. Please DO NOT send a generic FAQ letter in reply as to do so does not meet the requirements of the Practice Direction and will take this matter no further forward.

Please note, a refusal to comply with the Practice Direction will result in an immediate referral to the Solicitors Regulation Authority for breach of the Principles contained in the SRA Handbook version 8, published on 1st October 2013.

I trust this will not be necessary, and look forward to receiving a fully compliant letter before claim in due course.

Yours faithfully

PRINT NAME (sign with a squiggle.)
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    28.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest that before you start sending emails off or letters , you give this forum more info on your case

I would suggest you upload scans (redacting personal info etc) of any letters you have received this far , starting with the first letter after the contravention

the details you have posted do not fit in with the normal pattern , as it usually takes months before a court claim is issued , not less than 8 weeks !!

if the contravention date was only 4th dec 2013 you should have received an NTK in the post within 14 days , then reminder letters, then debt recovery letters , long before any LBCCC

so the problem here is you are asking for advice on letters that we have not seen !
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • OK,

Understood, I only have the last two letters which was the PCN and the most recent one being the LBCCC. There have been over letters but my mum has thrown these away. My car is registered at my mums address and I no longer live there. I will scan the PCN but will have to wait for the LBCCC to be sent by my mum tomorrow.

My case- I was shopping in a retail park for 3 hours and 25 minutes. The maximum time in the car park is 3 hours. I had lunch with a friend and we like to shop, I did not realise the time. I do not have any receipts for the date. Did not think I would them as much as I do now.
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    28.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    are you sure it wasnt 2012 and not early december 2013 ?

the time line does not make any sense here

when doing your scans , print copies, redact and personal info and any references before uploading here (or on photobucket) , that way no personal info should be showing but all the other details will show

I am not convinced this has only been going on for 8 weeks
    Newbies !!
  • Give me a few minutes to upload. I promise you it is dated, December 2013.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support