🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Breaking Through, Travelling On

Options

Comments

• rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,580 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sooooooooooooooo envious of all your gas & leccy bills!

Our old place is run off oil & leccy and is a whopping 1700 per year:eek::eek::eek:
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 3 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,723 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    rtandon27 wrote: »

Our old place is run off oil & leccy and is a whopping 1700 per year:eek::eek::eek:

:eek: :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Betterthanever
    Options
    Mine's about £1100 combined as well....that's with 4 adults so not really so bad..... although I'd like to think we can get it a bit lower.

Another thing for me to work on. *Adds to ever growing list*
  • SuperSecretSquirrel
    Options
    rtandon27 wrote: »

Same here. I was already estimating £1550 all in for the year, then a price increase letter landed on the doormat the other day to add insult to injury :(
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    I had an adminy type day yesterday.
    I have no idea where it all comes from :eek:
    themadvix wrote: »
    I've been with Three for 5 years now and think they're pretty good value. Their call centres are in India (or some such place) which is the downside - the people are lovely, but hard to understand and married to their scripts! Use the shops wherever possible!
    I guess the admin turns up because actually our standard of living is pretty high :A when I was little, there was a monopoly on gas, electricity, tv, phone, anything you care to name. We didn't even have a phone till I was 15. The Man From The Pru called round each week to collect the insurance premium. Nobody switched mortgages. My parents had no savings, so no savings accounts (the savings I've inherited were only started off with their retirement lump sums, believe it or not!).

And omigod, scripts ... they're exactly why I avoid phoning any of these organisations if I possibly can. Totally agree, madvix.
    Save
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Options
    I had my flu jab for 8 quid at the chemist.
    Thats good! A fairly local chemist does it for £10, and to be honest I didn't even ask what the GP Practice I'm now going to use is charging. I want it done before Saturday, as I have a family thing on Sunday.
    michelle09 wrote: »
    You should have one of my free flu jabs. I end up telling work (emergency services so free) that I get it at the GP (asthmatic) and vice versa so they stop bothering me!
    Thanks for the offer :rotfl: much appreciated.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Envious of all your gas/electric bills - ours is about £1100 a year for both :eek: partly an ancient inefficient boiler - but most likely our irregular hours - I tend to get up quite early, and Mr Cheery stay up very late, so when I was working at home a lot we'd sometimes end up with the heating on from 7am to about 3am :eek: I don't work at home much any more fortunately so it's calmed down a bit!
    I am about £1100 but I loathe being cold & my muscles seize up.Bah.
    Same here. I was already estimating £1550 all in for the year, then a price increase letter landed on the doormat the other day to add insult to injury :(
    Plus RT and betterthan :)

There's just me ... and I do tend to wrap up quite a lot :o plus because of my mum's situation, I was away last winter for about 6 weeks - I left the heat on very low, enough to ward off frozen pipes, but thats all.

I do seize up sometimes, because I'm sitting for so long (recovering illness, blah blah) but having the heat on doesn't make any difference to that for me, it's the lack of activity - so I go out for a walk, or do a sideways step exercise for 10 minutes if thats not possible. That gets the blood moving, and I warm up straight away :) I've always had cramp/cold feet etc, plus my dad had various vascular problems, so I'm increasingly wary of safeguarding my circulation.

ETA - just tidying up odds and sods from yesterday, then a snack, then I'm off to get the vaccination and buy some frozen broccoli too. Not exactly yum, but the healthy stuff :D
    Save
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,805 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    That's a good point too actually - we don't have a thermostat so our heating is always just the same temperature. Funny what you learn to put up with :D

Good luck with the vaccination (and the brocolli I suppose!) Saw a magazine article recently about trick or treat where someone had baked pieces of brocolli into fairy cakes :rotfl: made me laugh :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • Karmacat
    edited 31 October 2017 at 5:05PM
    Options
    Oh thats true - I very rarely alter the thermostat, only if its snowing outside, quite literally :)

Ta for the luck - I seem to have been sitting with my computer a lot longer than I intended :rotfl: I wonder how that happened :rotfl:

ETA - not remotely mse, but very funny - got my vaccination, all's well, and I was walking back when a delivery guy walked round the corner of his van and we came face to face, only about five feet apart ... and he gave me the once over :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: he was really goodlooking too :rotfl: I was very surprised.
    Save
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,723 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    LUcky girl :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport