Breaking Through, Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep, I'm happy about that :)

I was rooting about on clickbank this morning before my paid work, got some categories of goods that go well with one of the blogs, got to think of another now. Got some ideas for the other one (the cat one) - but since I don't have cats right now, I need to research what the best types of ad are - offhand, it was carriers, novelty collars, fur brushes and toys. Anybody got any other ideas?
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,777 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    No idea re cat stuff but sounds very positive about the house Kc! :j How long to go now?? (I'm fairly sure it says in your sig but I can't see on phone, will look when I get home) :D

Nice to hear you sounding jolly :) :rotfl: at planning permission for the giant tent! :eek: :rotfl:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,627 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Cat beds, vet bed?
    Some really funky vet bed out there now.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Hi Cheery! The sig doesn't hold a countdown, I couldn't hack the daily thing, and a posting weekly about the weekly countdown felt more useful - this is the middle of week 41, and 4 of those weeks will be holiday :) If I manage to get to the new wedding, I'll be pushing dates around to give me a 5th week as well!

And I've decided that I'm never going to work 5 days - thats often just one session, and I have little enough work that it can comfortably be done on four days, sometimes only three. That way, I can imagine/be semi-retired already :)

That's why I'm jolly :j an end to burnout :j

Beanie - that sounds interesting! And of course, your avatar is a puddy cat ... excellent news! Clickbank do 15 min videos to help you get started - haven't had time today to listen to the fourth one, which is about the actual product choice. Will do :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I've been wracking my brains about good-selling cat items and am sorry to say that I rarely buy anything for my lovely cat:o. He refuses to sleep in any cat bed I've ever given him (prefers to sleep next to me and OH or in the armchair); won't play with toys on his own (loves to be chased and engaged with in outdoor 'games' with us); doesn't have much interest in activity 'toys' (except the cardboard boxes that things come in;)) but he has access to his own outdoor adventure playground and loves to climb trees and jump on and off things; and doesn't wear collars because he is always climbing trees and leaping into shrubberies that I fear he'll strangle himself or get stuck!

I receive emails from various pet companies and these seem to be popular (with other people if not necessary me and my cat:))

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/dept.asp?dept_id=42&NavSource=LHN

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/dept.asp?dept_id=37&NavSource=LHN

Lots of other cat products on there such as carriers, collars and harnesses and cat flaps.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    CBC, thats helpful, thank you! I agree about pet beds, thats why I didn't think of them originally - mine never slept in anything I bought, they never even slept on the softest carpet, it was very odd :) and as for toys ... rolled up pieces of aluminium foil, and thats it :rotfl: oh, and a blade of grass in the garden :rotfl:

I'll look at that fourth clickbank video this morning, and see what it recommends about searching.

I've downloaded & printed an official pension statement request from the government website, we'll see what comes back - the new requirement is 35 years of work, I'm sure I've done that, I've had two 3 month breaks (and during one of those I was still paying NI) that's all, so I should be fine.

We have bright sun here! And a rose has just bloomed in my garden, the first of several buds that are blossoming. Truly, the seasons are weird ...
  • Hollyboll
    Options
    Hi KC
    I keep meaning to read all through your diary and sorry not managed it yet.

But meantime re furball things:
    - mine have never had beds, but they lurve the things that hang from the radiator for a little nap - combination of a hammock and warm spot :)
    - best thing I ever bought despite not cheap is the smartflap that reads their microchips ('cos they won't wear collars), keeps others out, and can programme for keeping them in at night etc.
    Fleabay + Weebuy + Gumfree since started diary 94 items sold, £649.71 clear profit
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Hi Holly! Thats interesting - it seems as though beds are purchased, but not used - right, thats it, I'm avoiding them for the sake of the bad karma associated with that :):):)

As to reading mine all the way through - nooooooooooooo! :rotfl: It's not really a conventional debt or even mortgage free diary thread - it mostly just follows my low-cost interests, so its a bit weird :D but I appreciate the thought :j
  • Hollyboll wrote: »
    Hi KC
    - best thing I ever bought despite not cheap is the smartflap that reads their microchips ('cos they won't wear collars), keeps others out, and can programme for keeping them in at night etc.

I must check out those smartflaps, Hollyboll, thanks for mentioning them:T. I have trouble with occasional interlopers:eek: making my cat anxious sometimes when the flap clatters late at night. I sometimes get up to find all his food eaten and the dish licked clean and often wonder if an unwelcome visitor has been in during the night:eek:.

I'd have to have him microchipped too of course. Is it an expensive process? Never even considered it before:o
  • Hollyboll
    Options
    Well mine sleep where they fancy but they did love the heater-hammock things for a nap when the radiators were on … doesn't work in my flat any more for other reasons, but they did love them.

And as for weird - only a good thing - as one not in any position to make overpayments at the moment, I'm not sure that there is any 'conventional' here (only another good thing):D
    Fleabay + Weebuy + Gumfree since started diary 94 items sold, £649.71 clear profit
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure