Breaking Through, Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,953 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    O.5% seems generous compared with the letter I received this week informing me my new rate. It has gone down to 0.25 % !!! Luckily not much in there as I more or less emptied to clear the mortgage - but - 0.25% :eek:
    Will look for a good one to start filling up when the good times roll in!
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning KC! - You are sounding chipper & rested this morning!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :hello: Morning! Um, afternoon now :)

Nice phone chat with my business partner (my skype software wouldn't update properly, stupid skype stuff :( ). Shattered after that, tbh, but a few minutes in the garden will revive me. One more phone call to do before that, and then I can faff about writing a blog post, which I'm really looking forward to, its buzzing in my head :D
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • rtandon27
    Options
    Oh KC I know how you feel!

Had to update, Java & Flash before I could even start studying this morning!
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Now *thats* fiddly, poor you, RT! Because we had to natter on the phone, at least I could sit in the armchair and relax, rather than sitting up at the desk, there's always a silver lining :)

Made a fair bit of difference in the garden. At the far end, there's a couple of annual weeds that have been making free with my soil. Tsk! No longer. Cut back some dratted privet hedge too, its a ridiculous plant to have in gardens this size. Not mine, either, so I can't get shut of it. Plus a few more strawberry plants, at an average density of one per square inch, consigned to history :j

Needed a little sit down after that :rotfl:

Hope everyone has a lovely Friday night. I may investigate my bottle of red, it could do with using up :D

Have a great trip tomorrow, RT :)
  • rtandon27
    edited 20 November 2015 at 10:05PM
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    ...I may investigate my bottle of red, it could do with using up...

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

OH has deemed we have some of that needing exactly that treatment!
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Have a great weekend. It's going to be a chilly one. I hope you had the beautiful blue sky today.

Best wishes Tilly x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Morning! The skies weren't bad yesterday, thanks Tilly, but they're definitely a uniform grey today :( when they can be seen through the lashing branches of my buddleia, that is - I'd cut a fair few branches, but the ones that are left are bending through 90 degrees in this wind, I'm not kidding :eek: and as for the row of 25 feet high laurels at the end of the garden :eek: I'm almost scared to look!

I'm just waiting for my sis to arrive, and after she goes and the weather calms a bit, I'll be out there with my saw again, this is a little bit much.

Otherwise, all's well :) and the worst trauma I face is that my tea has gone cold, and I had to pop to the kitchen to reheat it in the microwave :D it's a hard life :D
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    My friend's nan got banned from the wrestling where we lived as she attacked the baddie with her umbrella :rotfl:.

My nan was a bit like that too! :rotfl:

Hope you're having a nice afternoon, KC. The weather turned out to be quite pleasant in the end
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Hi Goldie, yes, I had a good afternoon ta muchly. Excellent natter with sister, setting the whole family to rights :D and then since I wasn't *physically* tired, I took some time in the garden as I'd hoped - a bit of cutting back stupid ivy too close to my house from next door's, but mostly continuing to work on the tiny little front border. In the last 2 days, 2 full bin bags have found their way off that border, which must make it nearly a dozen now :eek: .... creeping conifer that spread both outwards and upwards, plus a few adolescent trees. I wish I was kidding about that, but I'm not :eek:

I'm here for at least another couple of years, and I *do* want have the plants that I like and want and find useful and pleasurable.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport