Breaking Through, Travelling On

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    - cat blog! I like this one, I focussed on the Belgian cats thing, and the Belgian police have just tweeted a pic of some cat food to thank all the cats that assisted them yesterday :j:j:j

Sorry, I must have missed something here but what was the story about the Belgian police's cat helpers? Did they just send the cats some virtual food:eek: or was it a pic of the real food that they gave the cats? I'm totally confused (but it doesn't take much:o).
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,953 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Also confused CBC. But then it does not take much here!
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Firegirl
    Firegirl Posts: 934 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    :rotfl:The driving logic is what's perplexing me
    Mortgage balance Feb 2015 start of MFW Journey-£245316.06/Aim to be mortgage neutral 2022 — Target for May 2024 14 Year Target Balance MF50 = £89,535 — Mortgage Balance £106, 000—Target for May 2024! £89,535

Retirement Planning
    Starting Position : Pension 1-£165,000/Pension 2-£50,000/Pension 3-£9,500/ISA-£87,000/Total-£311,500
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry, I must have missed something here but what was the story about the Belgian police's cat helpers? Did they just send the cats some virtual food:eek: or was it a pic of the real food that they gave the cats? I'm totally confused (but it doesn't take much:o).
    Watty1 wrote: »
    Also confused CBC. But then it does not take much here!
    Sorry! Brussels has been in lockdown for days now, and on Sunday night, there were huge operations by the security forces - armoured vehicles trundling about the suburbs, hundreds of soldiers, bendy buses being used to block junctions, all sorts of things. And people were tweeting what was going on outside their doors, so the security services asked them to stop it, in case they aided the jihadists they were searching for.

So, people are sort of trapped in their homes with military operations going on outside, its hard to just relax in that sort of situation - so they started tweeting pix of cats, up to all sorts of things. Some fun, some photoshopped about terrorism. The Guardian has a story about it here: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/22/national-emergency-belgians-respond-with-cats

And on Monday night, as thanks, the Belgian police/security centre tweeted a pic of cat food to thank people for observing the silence, here's another blog about it: https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2015/11/23/belgian-police-thank-citizens-for-twting-about-cats/
    Firegirl wrote: »
    :rotfl:The driving logic is what's perplexing me
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Mad, hey! He thought it was safe to drive without lights on tiny country lanes in the dark because everyone else was using their lights. The sane people ...

Oopsy, my diary has just had two hours paid work added ... gotta go, I've been traipsing up and down these stairs after working in the garden for *days* and they're, um, filthy :o:o:o

Byeeeeeeee xxx

2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Thanks, KC. All is now clear:T

My brain was working overtime on how cats could possibly help the Belgian police in their current predicament. Dogs, yes, but try organising multiple cats to do anything :rotfl:
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    The situation in Brussells seems to be affecting the whole country. A cruise ship due to dock in Zeebrugge missed that port completely,

No wonder the Belgians are turning to cats. It amazes me that the cats allowed themselves to be dressed up in the first place!
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi Karmacat, having "met you" on another thread I am taking up your invitation to de-lurk and officially pop in and say hello.:D

It is great to read of so many good positive things going on in your life after your illness, I hope that things keep going from strength to strength.

You are doing so much better in the garden than I am. OH and I have quite large gardens back and front, one of the reasons for buying this house 4 years ago, although lame I was reasonably healthy and didn't envisage the rotten year that I have had (a collection of chronic illnesses, joint problems etc), but I feel that I too may be turning a corner:D OH is not a gardener, but deals with the grass, and all very heavy jobs under instruction, all I have to do to keep his nose to the grindstone is to keep producing large quantities of cake:rotfl::rotfl:

Sorry no cats here, so cannot contribute, just one very gorgeous canine fur baby (pictured in the avatar).

MM
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Goldiegirl wrote: »
    The situation in Brussells seems to be affecting the whole country. A cruise ship due to dock in Zeebrugge missed that port completely,
    I can understand that, sadly. It'd be hard to relax into a holiday atmosphere when such a big security operation is going on so close. Belgium is a tiny, tiny country geographically, you can zip through it almost without noticing on the motorway - they must all feel it :(

No wonder the Belgians are turning to cats. It amazes me that the cats allowed themselves to be dressed up in the first place!
    :rotfl: I suspect a lot of them are house cats, more used to being "done to", as it were - and a few of them *must* have been photoshopped, I'm sure I saw Grumpy Cat in there :rotfl:

I had a very lazy afternoon. Very - I was really tired, been reading a great freebie book on my kindle, so got to bed *really* late. This is why I stopped reading so much! Must go to bed at a decent time tonight.

I can't quite figure out what to do with myself this evening ... I want to do *something*, as my afternoon has been so much of a nothing (involving the first Harry Potter film :o Candy Crush :o and the aforesaid great freebie novel :o ) but I don't know. Cooking won't work, I don't want to work on the computer again, its completely dark so no gardening, I don't care about the cleaning enough to actually do it (and anyway, I cleaned this morning). What's a girl to do? Or even a woman?

:D:D:D

I may have to faff about with Christmas cards. Save me! Help! Hhheeeellllppppppppp!

:p
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Face pack, fine salt and oil scrub, then soak in the bath. Good old moisturise afterwards and bed, minus kindle :rotfl:

Sleep well, Tilly x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Hollyboll
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »

I can't quite figure out what to do with myself this evening ... I want to do *something*, as my afternoon has been so much of a nothing (involving the first Harry Potter film :o …. What's a girl to do? Or even a woman?

:D:D:D

I may have to faff about with Christmas cards. Save me! Help! Hhheeeellllppppppppp!

:p

Seems to me the answer is clearly - the Second Harry Potter film :rotfl:
    Fleabay + Weebuy + Gumfree since started diary 94 items sold, £649.71 clear profit
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure