Options

Comments

• hpuse
    hpuse Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    meer53 wrote: »
    Second Step:

a) Call the bank or credit card company and tell them you would like open a dispute. Give all the details of the transactions including date/time, website name and personals/email address and correspondences received when complained to the company(first step). If required, they will ask for copies all correspondences you have had with this company.

Having dealt with many of these queries, this information is incorrect and very misleading for people who have used these websites. OP, i suggest you remove this from your post.

Banks cannot dispute transactions where the company have advised that they ARE NOT affiliated to the organisations they are offering services for. They aren't doing anything wrong, if people choose to use a service without reading ALL the information WHEREVER IT IS on the website, then they are agreeing to the T & C's.

Read this link very clearly with respect to my post.
  • WTFH
    WTFH Posts: 2,266 Forumite
    Options
    hpuse wrote: »
    Read this link very clearly with respect to my post.

Well, you've linked to a "which" page about how to complain about faulty products, not how to get a refund when you didn't read what you were buying before you bought it.

How much did you pay? Go on, tell us!
    1. Have you tried to Google the answer?
    2. If you were in the other person's shoes, how would you react?
    3. Do you want a quick answer or better understanding?
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    dannny wrote: »
    I didn't. I have only quoted the ASA who stated it was in the body, and further down the page. As far as I can see it still is.

The information about them only be a checking service used to be right at the bottom of the page and in hard to read font.
    This is how it appeared in October last year:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20131020204624/https://passport-uk.co.uk/

Following the ASA ruling, the information has been moved up the webpage and is now directly below the "apply now" buttons and is much easier to read.
    https://www.passport-uk.co.uk/
  • sputnik69
    Options
    Send this onto as many people as you can. Perhaps if we can build up a 'petition' of likes we can fight this together!

Look for Online Passport Renewals Concerns Forum on Facebook.
  • dannny_2
    dannny_2 Posts: 169 Forumite
    edited 15 January 2014 at 9:54PM
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    dannny
    where does it say in the link to ASA.org that Passport-UK have failed to rectify the situation?

Or where does it say that anywhere?

Well, if you look at what was upheld
    We were concerned, however, that that information was included in the body copy of the ad and users had to scroll down the page before they were presented with a full explanation of the service. In addition, we noted that bold headline text at the top of the page stated "Complete your passport application online ..." and was accompanied by a number of "Apply now" buttons. We considered that a number of consumers, particularly those who had clicked through from a sponsored link, might have accessed the application form without reading the text further down the home page, and would therefore be unaware of the true nature of the service. Because of that, we concluded that the ad was misleading. On that point, ad (b) breached CAP Code (Edition 12) rules 3.1 and 3.3 (Misleading advertising).
    that situation still exists when I look at the site. See screenshot

http://oi42.tinypic.com/21jafkk.jpg

So, looking at what was unheld, looking at what I get on my screen, whats changed.
    Pollycat wrote: »
    where does it say in the link to ASA.org that Passport-UK have failed to rectify the situation?

Or where does it say that anywhere?

I pointed out WHAT was upheld, that is STILL appearing, so nothings changed of consequence to make what was upheld now invalid.

Pointless argument as what I see proves I have been factual, what you see god knows.
  • Tiddlywinks
    Tiddlywinks Posts: 5,777 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I see it as an 'idiot tax'... If you can't be bothered to scroll down and read the page before you give your credit card details then you deserve to pay the price.
    :hello:
  • hpuse
    hpuse Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    WTFH wrote: »
    Well, you've linked to a "which" page about how to complain about faulty products, not how to get a refund when you didn't read what you were buying before you bought it.

How much did you pay? Go on, tell us!

You keep asking people "read" "read" "read" what you are buying, but you fail to read my post.
    Where have I said someone will get a refund or how to get a refund. Get real and read once more. Its funny we all love to laugh when people can't read:rotfl:
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    dannny wrote: »
    Well, if you look at what was upheld

that situation still exists when I look at the site. See screenshot

http://oi42.tinypic.com/21jafkk.jpg

So, looking at what was unheld, looking at what I get on my screen, whats changed.

I pointed out WHAT was upheld, that is STILL appearing, so nothings changed of consequence to make what was upheld now invalid.

Pointless argument as what I see proves I have been factual, what you see god knows.

What I see?

I believe my question to you has been answered by shaun from Africa
    The information about them only be a checking service used to be right at the bottom of the page and in hard to read font.
    This is how it appeared in October last year:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20131020204624/https://passport-uk.co.uk/

Following the ASA ruling, the information has been moved up the webpage and is now directly below the "apply now" buttons and is much easier to read.
    https://www.passport-uk.co.uk/

So it has changed.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    hpuse wrote: »
    You keep asking people "read" "read" "read" what you are buying, but you fail to read my post.
    Where have I said someone will get a refund or how to get a refund. Get real and read once more. Its funny we all love to laugh when people can't read:rotfl:

I do read your posts, Hpuse.

You are advising people to do something that may not (I would say probably not) get them a refund.

And talking about not reading, maybe you would like to go back and read the post from Meer53 - in fact, to save you the trouble of looking for it, here it is:
    Second Step:

a) Call the bank or credit card company and tell them you would like open a dispute. Give all the details of the transactions including date/time, website name and personals/email address and correspondences received when complained to the company(first step). If required, they will ask for copies all correspondences you have had with this company.

Having dealt with many of these queries, this information is incorrect and very misleading for people who have used these websites. OP, i suggest you remove this from your post.

Banks cannot dispute transactions where the company have advised that they ARE NOT affiliated to the organisations they are offering services for. They aren't doing anything wrong, if people choose to use a service without reading ALL the information WHEREVER IT IS on the website, then they are agreeing to the T & C's.

So your 'steps to take' are really a nonsense.
  • gb12345
    gb12345 Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    Options

He's already proven time and time again by posting the same incorrect advice that he is a muppet who doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.

I wonder what his bank told him when he complained to them about the money that he lost due to failing to read the website before he gave up his card details.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure