MSE News: Yodel named worst parcel delivery service again

Options
"Yodel has been named as the delivery firm with the worst service, according to a MoneySavingExpert.com poll..."
Read the full story:

Yodel named worst parcel delivery service again

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• platterfish
    Options
    Collect+ use Yodel as far as i'm aware so it's interesting to see there is a big difference in service.
  • kirkbyinfurnesslad_2
    Options
    And its all because they are cheap
    Proud to be a member of the Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Gang.:D:T
  • mattytun
    mattytun Posts: 13,920 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Xmas Saver! Savvy Shopper! Energy Saving Champion
    Options
    I've used Hermes a good number of times and find them excellent........:D
    Can't sleep, quit counting sheep and talk directly to the shepherd :cool:
  • Twisted_Cherry
    Options
    Well no surprise there then... they have always been rubbish!
  • magpiecottage
    Options
    I think you will find Yodel has responded - the reply will be languishing in a neighbour's garden!
  • pete_v
    pete_v Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    "we regularly achieve a 95% first time delivery rate."

Of course you do, since lobbing it over the fence into a garden pond counts as a first-time delivery. It's probably an excessive focus on that figure that causes this class of problem.

Pete
  • Obviously_the_best
    Options
    How can Yodel and Collect+ get such different reviews. They're the same company using the same vans.
  • Percy1983
    Percy1983 Posts: 5,244 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    From what I see nobody likes any delivery company.

I have no problems with Yodel myself, must be one of the lucky ones with a good driver.
    Have my first business premises (+4th business) 01/11/2017
    Quit day job to run 3 businesses 08/02/2017
    Started third business 25/06/2016
    Son born 13/09/2015
    Started a second business 03/08/2013
    Officially the owner of my own business since 13/01/2012
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Think the survey can ben influenced from competitors as no registration was required, didnt MSE know that collect plus was yodels? Poor reporting and think the editorial code needs to be looked at.
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • Twisted_Cherry
    Options
    chanz4 wrote: »
    Think the survey can ben influenced from competitors as no registration was required, didnt MSE know that collect plus was yodels? Poor reporting and think the editorial code needs to be looked at.

Rubbish, Yodel have had a bad reputation for the past 20 years as I know of! Collect Plus I have also used, and it was a better service, but only used to drop off parcels at local shop and collect other parcels!

It's not poor reporting, it's honest reporting...

http://www.yodelhell.co.uk/

I spent 4 days waiting in last month for a parcel to arrive, each time I was met with excuses from Yodel. In the end I drove to there depot 16 miles away and got them to return the parcel to sending since it was no longer required.

I also have fond memories of White Arrow (One of Yodel's previous names!) throwing parcels over yard walls in the 80's, with not a care in the world what was in them.

Oh and I forgot I use to work for Home Shopping Network (Part of Yodel!) and took endless complaints from customers over HDNL (Yodel's other name!) on a daily basis!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure