🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Giving Up/ Cutting Down alcohol support thread - number 13

Options

Comments

• AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    18 for tonight.

Starting to feel a little better and half term has arrived. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • piggles1
    piggles1 Posts: 161 Forumite
    Options
    I went for an ultra sound scan on my liver, pancreas and gall bladder, but the initial (on the spot) feedback was that my pancreas and gall bladder are fine, and there is a little bit of fatty tissue on my liver (but nothing unusual). I am going into the docs next week for the official results, but it looks ok. So I think I have had a lucky escape.

That sounds good :) Mine was just a blood test I think so not as detailed, but that sounds good to know.

7/8 ALD please shaggy for last night (2 units).
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,678 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    AlexLK wrote: »
    18 for tonight.

Starting to feel a little better and half term has arrived. :)

Glad to hear you're feeling better Alex. Really good score of AFDs:T.
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks, maman. I'm trying to stick with the idea of only drinking on special occasions and then I don't really want to overdo it. Too many years embarrassing myself and hardly being able to remember occasions, I think. :o
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • maman
    Options
    AlexLK wrote: »
    Thanks, maman. I'm trying to stick with the idea of only drinking on special occasions and then I don't really want to overdo it. Too many years embarrassing myself and hardly being able to remember occasions, I think. :o

I remember it well!:rotfl:
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Good effort, Alex.
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Whoo hoo! 22/22 for me for last night! :j:j I met my target and there are still a few days left in October!!!

Most have been AFDs and not just low, so I'm super proud. Feeling better, sleeping better and slightly more energy *takes a bow*

Alex - enjoy half term (we've got the skids all week, so gonna be busy here!) you're doing really well x
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Options
    21/25 AFDs today, slipped a little, but still on target for the month.
  • maman
    Options
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    21/25 AFDs today, slipped a little, but still on target for the month.

You're allowed to slip. I do hope you've enjoyed the days you've chosen to drink.:)

Well done dizzy. That's an impressive score and potential to raise it as there's still a week of October left.:T
  • piggles1
    piggles1 Posts: 161 Forumite
    Options
    Alex really pleased you're feeling a bit better :)

Dizzy Imp well blooming done! :)

Although mine was much smaller, I've met my target as well. 8/8 ALD for yesterday please shaggy.

Although yesterday was actually an AFD again. I like to buck the trend on a saturday night :D It helped listening to the radio and waiting for F1 to do any kind of qualifying in a massive storm, but that kept getting cancelled so I tidied the kitchen and part of the living room and kept finding things to put away. The cupboard in the hall is now bulging with stuff but the rest is tidier and the evening passed really fast.

I'm hoping I'll carry on like this, having 2 units every other day. It seems a better way for me to do it rather than the last time when I gave up fags, booze, coffee and biscuits all at the same time then started again a year later and slipped back to old ways. The fags came back first actually, and the rest followed. So here's to mediocreness :cool:

I have to say I still do get a tiny bit of wishing I could have more, and I miss the days when I never had to think about it so carefully. But I don't miss the expense, or the recycling bag full of empty bottles and thinking I'll never cut it down, and absolutely everything being about accommodating how much I drank. I'm not out of the danger zone yet but on the way I think :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport