Options

Comments

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    9/30 AFDs and 150 AFDs in a row

Wow! That's a lovely, lovely number, Barny. Hugely well done.

10/30 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
  • chucknorris
    chucknorris Posts: 10,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 September 2015 at 10:08AM
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    I've no experience of Campral chuck but I'd suggest anything that helps is worth a try even if it acts as a placebo. When I started cutting down I took Kudzu religiously every day. I'm not sure it helped physiologically at all but psychologically it was me telling myself I'm not going to drink tonight.

ALD for me yesterday. I had one glass in the pub and sipped on a small glass when I got home. Previously I'd have just hit the bottle at home on the Mastermind principle.;)

I'm not going to record ALDs just yet. I'm just happy that I don't go mad on planned drinking days.

No drinking planned today.

5 AFDs please Shaggy.

I've had more time to think about this now, and although I will keep the appointment at the docs next Friday, it will only be to find out more about Campral and any criteria that goes with it. I'm going to try without asking for Campral, and my revised plan is to try for a combination of 14 ALD's and 14 AFD's per month. The plan is to only drink WITH a meal, not while cooking it (on ALD days), which was difficult the last 2 nights, but I did it, and I think that I might have a chance of achieving this.
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one birdThe only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistakeChuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".I've started running again, after several injuries had forced me to stop
  • Sandypan
    Options
    9/30 not drinking again tonight despite there being a bottle of Shiraz looking at me in the kitchen!!

Slept much better last night and Becks Blue is becoming more palatable!

Today's winge is I've put 2lbs in weight on this week despite a) not drinking and b) not raiding the fridge after drinking!!
    Really don't know why?
    DF by Christmas 2014 #78 £18,964.15/£15,000
    DF by Christmas 2015 #07 £16,500/£21,992.92
    DF by Christmas 2016 #42 £4570/£4,500
    CC and loan debt at it's worst April 07 - £54,489 plus
    27/01/14 Officially Debt Free - except mortgage which I'm working on!
    26/02/16 mortgage free
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've had more time to think about this now, and although I will keep the appointment at the docs next Friday, it will only be to find out more about Campral and any criteria that goes with it. I'm going to try without asking for Campral, and my revised plan is to try for a combination of 14 ALD's and 14 AFD's per month. The plan is to only drink WITH a meal, not while cooking it (on ALD days), which was difficult the last 2 nights, but I did it, and I think that I might have a chance of achieving this.

That's a good plan. It always helps to put of starting as late as possible. Provided you don't increase your drinking on the planned days you'll have cut down hugely. Keep it up!

I've been out to lunch today and as the weather was so great we chose a coffee shop with a garden rather than a pub/restaurant. I had planned to drink but decided not to after all:D.

6 AFDs please Shaggy.
  • Carviscocker
    Options
    ✨✨✨Day 10 for September 18 in total ✨✨✨
    I am officially debt free! Debt paid: £18,600 Current Savings: Pot 1 £300 //// Pot 2 (premium bonds) £3,800 :T:j
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    10/30 AFDs today :)
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,752 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    7/20 AFDs to get my first award of the month!
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • PriceySOS
    Options
    8 please, Shaggy, ta
  • chucknorris
    chucknorris Posts: 10,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    That's a good plan. It always helps to put of starting as late as possible. Provided you don't increase your drinking on the planned days you'll have cut down hugely. Keep it up!

I've been out to lunch today and as the weather was so great we chose a coffee shop with a garden rather than a pub/restaurant. I had planned to drink but decided not to after all:D.

6 AFDs please Shaggy.

Unfortunately I couldn't quite make tonight an AFD as planned, but it was a ALD (with just one glass (250mm) of wine), so I'm not too disappointed as it still was significant fall in units from previous weeks.
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one birdThe only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistakeChuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".I've started running again, after several injuries had forced me to stop
  • Gonzo1987
    Gonzo1987 Posts: 1,208 Forumite
    Options
    What do you guys drink of an evening instead of alcohol? Sometimes esp as we're coming up to the weekend I fancy something 'special' to celebrate making it to the end of a week, even better I'm not working this weekend! I have lemonade but its the same everyday. Any recommendations for something a bit different?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure