The Giving Up/ Cutting Down alcohol support thread - number 13

Options

Comments

• Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello Chuck :wave:

Sounds like you might fit in next to me :D I was/am a fairly serious drinker and am trying hard (with mixed results) to cut down. Shaggy and I have ALDs (alcohol low days) rather than AFDs, although more and more are becoming alcohol free. I usually fail to hit my target, but I try hard anyway.

There is a tonne of support here and no-one judges. Some of us are cutting down, others abstain completely, one or two have health issues and there are several people saving for lusted-after items. Personally, I'm trying to stop being the girl who can drink most blokes twice her size under the table, oh, and to save some pennies and calories too x
  • Sandypan
    Sandypan Posts: 252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Declaring that I'm not going to drink again tonight so first 7 days done.

Bought some alcohol free beer yesterday because missing being sociable but taste wasn't great! Added some sugar free lime cordial and it was much better.

Still not sleeping very well and headaches are becoming unbearable, has anybody else suffered these withdrawal symptoms or is it just a coincidence?
    DF by Christmas 2014 #78 £18,964.15/£15,000
    DF by Christmas 2015 #07 £16,500/£21,992.92
    DF by Christmas 2016 #42 £4570/£4,500
    CC and loan debt at it's worst April 07 - £54,489 plus
    27/01/14 Officially Debt Free - except mortgage which I'm working on!
    26/02/16 mortgage free
  • debjay
    debjay Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    6/20 for tonight please. Think withdrawal is quite common - sleep problems, headaches and sugar cravings but it'll get better in time.
  • Carviscocker
    Options
    ✨✨✨8 days done✨✨✨
    I am officially debt free! Debt paid: £18,600 Current Savings: Pot 1 £300 //// Pot 2 (premium bonds) £3,800 :T:j
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    4/21 tonight. Thought about wine and thought better of it. Pleased with that. DH has lit the woodburner in the lounge as it appears to be winter here! Mulled wine was sooooo tempting lol x
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,752 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    5/20 AFDs tonight
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    8/30 AFDs today
  • thriftmonster
    Options
    2/14 for me today. I had the day to end all days at work today :eek:so am really proud I only had a hot chocolate tonight.:j

Tried the IKEA fizzy apple and lingonberry at the weekend - very nice and not too sweet.
    “the princess jumped from the tower & she learned that she could fly all along. she never needed those wings.”
    Amanda Lovelace, The Princess Saves Herself in this One
  • shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning :hello:

1 more ALD for yesterday.

images.jpeg

Shaggyx
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Gonzo1987 wrote: »
    I have made it a week sober! WAHOOO I am so proud of myself! I don't even miss alcohol at this stage.

Congratulations-1.png

Shout out if you want to join the September challenge.:T:T:T
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure