Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

Options

Comments

• LittleMoog
    LittleMoog Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    I was thinking the same Diamond Orchid, all the pg/ttc threads seem a lot quieter thana few years back.

I'm tired today, had to go on a business trip at 645 this morning. Quite a struggle to get up and about in time! I've had a few episodes of nausea and I seem to be developing acid reflux, which I had with DD as well. Not very nice as I can't lean over to pick up DD without feeling really grotty. Need to get a GP appointment for some medication, omeprazole worked wonders last time.
    Little monkey born November 2012:j
    Froglet due March 2016 :D
  • nightsky224
    Options
    May be something in the water littlemoog I had quite a sicky day today. Commuting is not fun with morning sickness, had to ask someone for a seat today, felt better by the time I got off but then something came over me and I threw up twice outside the station! :(

Looking forward to hearing About your scan mrshaworth2b, hope you they are running to time so you don't have to hop about with a full bladder for too long :-)
    Recently married and loving it x
  • LittleMoog
    LittleMoog Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    Been to the GP this morning and got a script, no sleep for me last night as I couldn't really lie down or I felt really sick with a burning pain up my chest/neck! Ick! She also booked me into maternity services, as the useless GP I saw last time had only referred me to the endocrinologist and not maternity. I wondered why the midwives hadn't rung me!
    Little monkey born November 2012:j
    Froglet due March 2016 :D
  • nightsky224
    Options
    LittleMoog wrote: »
    Been to the GP this morning and got a script, no sleep for me last night as I couldn't really lie down or I felt really sick with a burning pain up my chest/neck! Ick! She also booked me into maternity services, as the useless GP I saw last time had only referred me to the endocrinologist and not maternity. I wondered why the midwives hadn't rung me!

Oh dear, hopefully the script will help. Can't believe they didn't refer you to maternity! Rubbish.
    I downloaded the headspace app, used it yesterday and today hopefully it will help.
  • Mrshaworth2b
    Options
    Hello, it was definitely chattier when I was last on here, all of us moaning about sickness and the like but hey ho. Had my 12 week scan today, I've actually been dated 4 days on so I'm 13 weeks tomorrow and off to the next thread. Good luck to you all and see you over there :)
    Newly Married, not a 2b anymore!! Mum to two wonderful boys!
  • nightsky224
    nightsky224 Posts: 901 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello, it was definitely chattier when I was last on here, all of us moaning about sickness and the like but hey ho. Had my 12 week scan today, I've actually been dated 4 days on so I'm 13 weeks tomorrow and off to the next thread. Good luck to you all and see you over there :)
    Fantastic, really pleased :T:T
    I'm hoping there will be a few more people along to keep us company.
    I was expecting to put on weight when falling pregnant but have lost 6lbs in a month. I have been eating healthier (more fruit and veg) but not perfect and although I'm eating more often I am eating smaller amounts I suppose and the lack of booze probably helps ;)
    Am sure when the sickness passes it will soon change!
  • Diamond_Orchid
    Options
    I've been eating quite a lot, by rights I should be the size of a whale. I feel I need it though as a caffeine junkie who is finding the two cups of tea or coffee a day hard.

My iPad is typing really slow so will write more later as its annoying me.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello :)

Can I join you all please?

I'm 8+1 with my 2nd (I've got a 2 year old boy). I had a scan last week due to uncertainty about my dates and have my 'proper' 12 week scan on 29th May.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • snow_ball
    snow_ball Posts: 283 Forumite
    Options
    Hello there, I've been lurking on here over the weekend since getting my BFP on Saturday night, I'm trying to get the balance of excitement & caution right but I think excitement is winning :j

It's our first pregnancy after 3 months of trying and I'm a bit older, so quite nervous, I think I'm coming up to 5 weeks if my calculations are right. Phoned the docs yesterday and booked in with the midwife on 21 May.

Had a touch of queasiness this morning, which I'm dreading, but generally just feel quite tired. Sleeping well though and waking up nice and early every morning :D
  • nightsky224
    Options
    I've been eating quite a lot, by rights I should be the size of a whale. I feel I need it though as a caffeine junkie who is finding the two cups of tea or coffee a day hard.

My iPad is typing really slow so will write more later as its annoying me.

I have been finding the caffeine thing quite hard, I cut out coffee a long time ago before falling pregnant so tea has been the main issue, I cut down to 2 a day but after seeing the midwife I am now down to 0. I drink one or 2 cups of decaffe and then quite a few cups of rooibos with milk as a replacement so far so good. It's the glass of wine or 1/2 a cider I'm missing :-)
    jwil wrote: »
    Hello :)

Can I join you all please?

I'm 8+1 with my 2nd (I've got a 2 year old boy). I had a scan last week due to uncertainty about my dates and have my 'proper' 12 week scan on 29th May.

Welcome Jwil, congratulations :-)
    snow_ball wrote: »
    Hello there, I've been lurking on here over the weekend since getting my BFP on Saturday night, I'm trying to get the balance of excitement & caution right but I think excitement is winning :j

It's our first pregnancy after 3 months of trying and I'm a bit older, so quite nervous, I think I'm coming up to 5 weeks if my calculations are right. Phoned the docs yesterday and booked in with the midwife on 21 May.

Had a touch of queasiness this morning, which I'm dreading, but generally just feel quite tired. Sleeping well though and waking up nice and early every morning :D

Congratulations snow_ball! I remember that stunned feeling x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport