Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!

Options

Comments

• RebekahR
    RebekahR Posts: 5,980 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Fed up of feeling sick, bloated, heady, exhausted and just plain ill!!!!!

See midwife tomorrow ...
  • Gelly123
    Options
    Thanks for the kind wishes - it's really lovely to be back again - just hope we can graduate this time.

I got in touch with the private consultant on Friday and had to pop to see her very briefly yesterday to collect Cyclogest and aspirin so we're hoping they really make a difference this time and prevent another possible miscarriage - she's recommended a scan at 6-6.5 weeks to see if there's a heartbeat this time.

We're due to see the GP on Weds but that was to discuss the results from the private blood tests so hopefully she'll be pleased that we've done it ourselves rather than needing fertility treatment. Am hoping the NHS will now take us back under their wing and give us the consultant led care our private consultant says we need so we can save the money we would have spent seeing her, to put towards things for the baby and maternity leave.

Congrats fresh start!

Gelly x
    Married Sept '09, Me - 38, OH - 40, TTC since Nov '12
    4 previous MC's, 6 babies lost so far :A
    The proudest mummy - July 2016 xxx
  • Nisha_B
    Nisha_B Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello All,

So it seems my stay in this thread is short-lived - had my scan today and I've been placed at 13 weeks...had an early scan and that was on par with the dates I had calculated...today's one puts me at around 2 weeks earlier - this was planned so prior to today, it seemed it all happened on or just after wedding day, which midwife and GP all calculated too!

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm getting very confused as to how the dates are worked out, even the nurse said it didn't look right but went by the measurements and so now EDD is 22nd June 2015.

Feeling very overwhelmed from the scan, was upside down to start with and we ended with a headstand! :rotfl:
    Now just awaiting results for Down Syndrome Screening

Will probably still lurk if that's ok but will shuffle over to the 12-24 week thread

xx
  • dingdongavoncalling
    Options
    Just dropping by to say hello :) Congrats to all the newbies.

I've been feeling pretty rotten lately :( Had to leave work on Friday because I was sick, and then was nearly sick again on the journey home (luckily made it through the door first!) Everyone at work is highly suspicious. Back in today and pretending i'm fine which is hard work! Finnish for Xmas on Friday though :)

Got midwife appointment today to get my notes ready to take to the distant hospital where they want me to deliver (heath reasons). I'm going to the distant hospital on Thursday for a dating scan, even though I will only be 9+4. Hope for a good pic as this is what we're going to show everyone as an announcement at xmas!

Hope everyone is feeling ok :)
  • sulphate
    sulphate Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    Options
    Nisha_B wrote: »
    Hello All,

So it seems my stay in this thread is short-lived - had my scan today and I've been placed at 13 weeks...had an early scan and that was on par with the dates I had calculated...today's one puts me at around 2 weeks earlier - this was planned so prior to today, it seemed it all happened on or just after wedding day, which midwife and GP all calculated too!

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm getting very confused as to how the dates are worked out, even the nurse said it didn't look right but went by the measurements and so now EDD is 22nd June 2015.

Feeling very overwhelmed from the scan, was upside down to start with and we ended with a headstand! :rotfl:
    Now just awaiting results for Down Syndrome Screening

Will probably still lurk if that's ok but will shuffle over to the 12-24 week thread

xx

*delurking*

This is pretty common. The way the dates are worked out, for the first 2 weeks of the pregnancy you are not actually pregnant.

Unfortunately, their way of calculating dates assumes a 28 day cycle, which is inaccurate in my case (and many others). My EDD is 12 February 2015 but 40 weeks before that dates back to 8 May 2014. The first day of my last period was 10 May 2014 and I know I ovulated the week commencing 26 May 2014 because I used OPKs, temperature charting and all that jazz.

When I type in my estimated ovulation date into the online calculators it gives me an EDD of 19 February so a week later. I'm expecting baby to be "late" :rotfl:but I've had 2 scans since my dating scan and both measure baby bang on average for their dates.

31+4 *relurking*
  • Magpie27
    Magpie27 Posts: 435 Forumite
    Options
    RebekahR wrote: »
    Fed up of feeling sick, bloated, heady, exhausted and just plain ill!!!!!

See midwife tomorrow ...

Me too and I'm only 6 weeks :(

Had a bit more brown CM yesterday trying to positive after scan on Friday but I'm finding it difficult after MC last year even though I never spotted then. Going to docs tomorrow to ask if it could be an infection.
  • RebekahR
    Options
    I felt ill from 5 weeks - a reprieve for 7 weeks and then bad again for 8 weeks. I am 9 weeks tomorrow ...

Midwife all done appointment took an hour. Loads of forms peed somehow?! in the tiny pot - and she took my bloods. All ok so far and she is referring me off today to the consultants for the previous cs and breechies.
  • Magpie27
    Magpie27 Posts: 435 Forumite
    Options
    I could do with a break in week 7 as that is Christmas :(
  • RebekahR
    Options
    I'm suppose to be travelling up north for christmas but there is no way I think I could handle a journey 5 hours long!
  • Claire_A87
    Options
    Haha Rebekah I had to do the peeing in the tint pot on Friday - grim.
    Midwife done and dusted, I seem to have aquired my very own NHS tourniquet for when I have blood taken - not sure if that's normal or my midwife was feeling generous?! Exciting news is the scan will be January 14th, so not too long to wait after the madness of xmas and NY. Wish it was tomorrow though!

So I'm 8+2 today and feeling completely bleurgh. Today's actually been one of the better days - no sick yet! Lots of heaving though :( Just told my manager at work so no absences lead to a sickness review; he was very happy for me which got me all excited again!

Big welcome to the newbies - hope you have sick and stress free stay :D

Rebekah I did a 4 1/2 hr car journey on Friday & Sunday and it wasn't that bad thankfully. I took things to snack on so my stomach wasn't empty, and had a travel pillow so I could doze (which I never do in the car but definitely did do!).

Have a good week everyone :)

Users, EDD’s and scan dates - if you are new please add yourself

1. hippihaz - EDD 05.06.2015
    2.Quintwins EDD: 21.06.2015
    3. ThinkPink- EDD 28.06.2015- Midwife 28.11.14 (private scan 22.11.14 which dated me back to 10.07.15). Scan 24.12.14
    4. Nisha B EDD 28.06.15
    5. Dingdongavoncalling - EDD 19.07.2015 technically, but will have to deliver 36ish weeks. Midwife 24.11.14. Scan 18.12.14.
    6.White-as-Snow EDD 20.07.2015
    7. RebekahR EDD: 21.07.2015 Will be put back as I ovulated late ~ Midwife: 15.12.14
    8. Claire_A87 EDD: 25.07.2015 - Midwife 12.12.14. Scan 14.01.15
    9. Mrs_I (Miss Imaginative) EDD: 30.07.2015 - Midwife 3.12.14
    10. Pm04gn EDD 14.08.2015 - midwife 5.1.15
    11. slowlyfading EDD ??
    12. Magpie27 EDD: 08.08.15

Recent graduates

CrazyDaisyDee – EDD 01.04.15
    danielley - EDD 01.04.2015
    x_missymoo_x - EDD 08.04.2015
    Princess kate – EDD 08.04.2015
    millysg1 – EDD 12.04.2015 – Scan 30.09.2014
    Trixsie1989 – EDD 14.04.2015