Not a LBM but awareness of heading towards debt crisis

Options

Comments

• themarsbargirl
    Options
    Sigh....a long boring day. I hate not having my parents here even with other people checking on me.

NSD today, which makes it NSD no 7 I believe.

Actually managed to cook myself a bacon buttie today but am also almost out of milk. And have heartburn.

Finished one half of the kitchen, will get going on the other half tomorrow, should be a lot quicker as there will be no oiling to do (unless I get bored later in the week).

Spent the evening doing surveys while watching TOS Battlestar Galactica, now to mop the kitchen floor again and head to bed.

Night all.
    Credit card respend 2551.58 (15/02/17)
  • themarsbargirl
    Options
    Thinking about some realistic goals for April;
    1) Track my NSD (jam bits from jam fund doesn't count) 7NSD
    2) Make an extra 2% paid off card 3% extra paid

I think I've done well this month (doing my round up now as I need milk today so won't get another NSD in april).
    I'm pleased with 7 NSD in the month.

I'm very pleased about paying off an extra 3% off the capital one card - making it 11% in total that I've paid off now :D I had hoped to make it up to 4% this month, but sadly it was not to be.

Tomorrow I can start trading and selling my jams and marmalades from a stall in front of my folks house, the profits of which will go straight to paying off the card.
  • themarsbargirl
    Options
    Goals for May;

5 NSD
    Make an extra 3% to pay off card
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning MBG,
    Just had a quick skim read and am sorry it has been such a tough year for you with so much happening. You are doing really well,:T and I found that it really helps just putting thoughts down on these diaries. Very impressed with you making and selling jams, something I always long to be able to do but have never manage to find time.
    Well done :Tand keep going
    NOAh
    xx
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • themarsbargirl
    Options
    NOAh,

Hey, welcome. Thanks for coming and reading. Just a word of warning on making and selling jams, before you get too many bright ideas about doing it contact your local food safety/enviro health team (will be on your council website) and ask them if you need to register as a food business (the internet claims some councils allow you to sell on a 'casual and limited' basis- i.e. the odd boot fair- mine required me to register to sell even on a single occaision). Also remember that for sales to the public (i.e. not friends and family) you'll need to buy and use brand new jam jars :) Making jams is how I stay sane(ish)....I actually have over 50 jars waiting in stock and have sold over 50 to friends and family since I lost my job....and I make in small batches (2-6 jars at a time)
  • themarsbargirl
    Options
    Went to buy milk came out with a reduced 'takeaway' for 2, so way overbudget, but at least it's real food and i'll eat for two days!
  • themarsbargirl
    Options
    All excited for the morning!!!!!!!

Picked out the jams and marmalades for the first day, putting out;

Lemon & Ginger Marmalade
    Lemon & Pomegranate Marmalade
    Grapefruit & Pineapple Marmalade
    Lime & Kiwi Marmalade

Chilli Jam

Strawberry & Passionfruit Jam
    Rhubarb Jam
    Pineapple and Raspberry Jam
    Lychee, Strawberry & Ginger Jam
  • themarsbargirl
    Options
    No sales from my little stall today :( but hopefully some people will have seen it and will come back with monies to buy some jam/marmalade :)

Small spends today, popped to get some bread and cake after a couple hours volunteering at foodbank.

Been hitting the surveys hard the last couple days, and swagbucking for all I'm worth...in 2 days I've almost reached the £5 paypal payout on swagbucks...I really ought to focus on it more often as I can reach payout quickly when I concentrate on it, but I periodically lose the will to do it as it's a lot of tedium for not much money....but any money is more paid off my debt!
  • themarsbargirl
    themarsbargirl Posts: 600 Forumite
    Options
    I sold a jar of marmalade!!!!! Ridiculously happy about it because I have been feeling lousy all day :(

Surveys appear to have run out but am running SBTV as I am determined to get to the £5 paypal today!
  • themarsbargirl
    themarsbargirl Posts: 600 Forumite
    Options
    wooo! :j I got to my £5 swagbucks goal!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income