Not a LBM but awareness of heading towards debt crisis

Options

Comments

• liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hey you

Nice to see you a bit chirpier with parents being back. Funeral will be all over and done with shortly and then you can move onwards and upwards.

Am interested in this jam malarkey but since I can't have more than 15g carbs/sugars in a day I will pass ;)

Well done on the walk to the farm shop!

And stop smoking you. It is bad for your health! ;) xx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • themarsbargirl
    themarsbargirl Posts: 600 Forumite
    Options

And stop smoking you. It is bad for your health! ;) xx

Hey Lilty, now is a bad time to quit (quitting increases nervousness and agitation, I have enough of them being in Mental health crisis atm!) but I want to quit in the next 18months or so as my SIL is pregnant (I've suggested to my brother that I become their live in Au Pair when SIL goes back to work as I'd be cheaper than a nursery!) and obv they don't want me holding baby just after smoking.

Depending on how things go and when my mental health levels out I am thinking of doing Stoptober this year (again) as my SIL is due mid-october, if I'm stable enough to try sooner then I will. Part of the problem is that I can use virtually no NRT products as I am allergic to the sticky stuff on plasters (and patches) and I'm allergic to artificial sweetners....

I have now swapped to rolling my own which saves me £25 a week!

So today's round up;

- Steps 5286
    - Jars of jam sold - 1 (unless I find another has when I go down to put the stall away)
    - Time stuck on the M25 - 1 hour
    - Paid the minimum off Nationwide CC
    - Picked up prescription
    - Bought new shoes that I desperately needed.

Funeral was beautiful, I cried and laughed in equal amounts. The song chosen for us to leave to was 'She's a Lady' by Tom Jones and it was just perfect for her, I think exactly what Grandad would have chosen for her had he not died first.
    Credit card respend 2551.58 (15/02/17)
  • liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Glad the funeral was lovely hun and best of all it is done now.

I was only joking on the smoking; I know you have way too much on and was only giving you a health poke as good friends should ;).

I am a real HATER of my in laws for smoking near my daughter despite multiple requests not to and even giving MIL a stoptober pack which she did for all of 3 months before Jelly was born then started again once she was here :wall:

Live in au-pair sounds fab and we will give you all the support we can when you feel mentally up to trying it. It is a huge thing though and I understand why you can't yet.

Regarding being near the baby, and why my irritation with MIL/FIL continues... when you finish a cigarette, despite thinking the last blow out is it you continue to blow toxic fumes from your mouth and nose for 20 minutes post cigarette. Now in MIL/FIL's house they chain smoke pretty much, one every 20 minutes (not to mention the dodgy evening ones with added extras :o) and when I let Jelly go there we ask them not to smoke in the house. They wait until she has gone to bed and then sit smoking all evening with the living room door open and I have slept in the bedroom they leave her in. The fumes build up to a choking level. Hence she does not stay very often and I fight tooth and nail to keep her with me. I've told them this. I really upset them. But once they got over the upset they now 'don't smoke in front of her' so that she doesn't see them smoking. They are just.. dumb, and selfish. I know you aren't like that xx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • themarsbargirl
    Options
    Not at all Lilt,

My sister is a health visitor so has educated me well on smoking and her children. When I used to visit her and her kids for a few days, it was a smoking coat that stayed in the car (third hand smoke on fabrics), only smoking down on the pavement (at least 8 steps away from the house is the minimum recommended) and do some deep inhalations and exhalations before coming back in and wash my hands. When we were out and about she pointed out to me once that her children did know about adults smoking and I didn't have to hide behind a bush, just be a fair distance away from them.

I like to think that I am a considerate smoker, if I am around non-smokers I always check it's okay if I light up, and when I have non-smokers come to stay in my caravan I go and smoke outside while they are there.

My worst confession when it comes to smoking and my sisters children was the time I had to drive them up to london (long story, trains fuct, my sister was staying with my brother in london, jubilee weekend) and was so frustrated by getting lost even with my sat nav (and the kids telling me I was going wrong until I snapped and told them that Auntie Ruth was having some very big feelings at the moment so they needed to be quiet) that when I got to the destination I got out and locked them in the car while I smoked :o in my defence I could see them and they were fine....and their mother turned up mid cigarette to go and release them.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options

As some of you may have gathered, I'm in a bit of a quandry as I will be coming into an inheritance later this year that will clear my debts, and as relieved as I am about that, it feels like cheating somehow.

I've been putting some thought into this, and have decided that I will pay off the debts with the inheritance so I don't continue paying interest, but then I will be counting it as a 'debt' to myself and saving in order to repay myself the amount that I have to put to debts. If that makes sense?

Awesome decision! Not easily reached. Well done.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • themarsbargirl
    Options
    Todays round up...
    Steps- 2491 (not left the house at all today)
    Jam sold- zilch- awful weather so couldn't put it out
    Spends- only from jam purse so counts as NSD3
    Surveys- still not a lot around, joined a new site and got up to halfway to payout so will see if that lasts. nowhere near swagbucks goal again.

Todays preserve I made was a sweet mango chutney.

Very lethargic and bored today. Being unemployed is really starting to get to me.

Also received a reallly odd payment from ESA for 20 quid odd...puzzling!
  • themarsbargirl
    Options
    Quite a stressfull day today. The duty officer I saw at CMHT was my old CPN from when I was 18 and she tutted at me being on a waiting list to see the psychiatrist (as the waiting list is no good for me- I need to see him!) so I now have an appointment for the 27th May....
    she also raised the possibility of giving me a student nurse for 10 weeks (my own CPN has been off sick since december :eek:) which I think would be good for the consistency of just seeing one person.
    I then popped up to the caravan to collect my post and discovered that I had an appt at jobcentre in 2 hours time! :eek: But it was okay, mostly a tick box exercise.

So today's Round up;

- NSD no 4
    - swagbucks target met
    - no jam sales :(
    - Steps....inaccurate as i forgot to transfer pedometer from pjs to jeans...but over 2315
  • themarsbargirl
    Options
    Just checked my stall and had sold 2 jars of marmalade so I had enough in the profits envelope to pay off 1% from my capital one card :D
  • themarsbargirl
    Options
    ugh, got up to £20 on vivatic, requested payment, and it'll come on the 30th June....!!!!!!? well that won't be taking any % off this month then!
  • hummingbird
    hummingbird Posts: 1,522 Forumite
    Options
    ugh, got up to £20 on vivatic, requested payment, and it'll come on the 30th June....!!!!!!? well that won't be taking any % off this month then!

That website rings a bell with me....think I signed up to it once but I don't think I ever got as far as a cash out from it!
    £10 a day extra in May '18[B]£35/310[
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £500/£2500 = 20%
    You can find my diary here:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5189836:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure