Options
    great day there for ya Marsy :)
    Like to hear you sounding happy xx
    - on a mission to be debt-free by the end of 2017 - :cool:
    [STRIKE]37500 [/STRIKE] 34650
  • themarsbargirl
    Options
    Today's Roundup;

Spends - tobacco (planned) £22 on seeds on ebay:o...total impulse buy but that's for a job lot of 100 packets of seeds so can always sell some on at boot fairs alongside my jam to make some money back on the ones I don't want

Steps - 7474

Sales - 1 jar sold from the stall today

Surveys - Reached the £5 payout on swagbucks today using SBTV.

I'm tired and a bit blah today, very short mood swings which is unlike me, usually my highs and lows last for a few days rather than a few minutes.

I'm just so tired all the time.
    Credit card respend 2551.58 (15/02/17)
  • themarsbargirl
    Options
    Had a rough day. I'm really really worried about this appointment next week.
    Volunteered up at foodbank warehouse today and the warehouse supervisor passed on that someone had said to him that I shouldn't be working there because of my mental illness :mad: He told me that he put them down and pointed out that my fussiness actually made me a very good worker because it meant I did exactly what he wanted me to do (I did point out that's only cuz the way I like it done matches the way he likes it, otherwise I wouldn't :rotfl:). I hate the way I get discriminated against, within the NHS mental health service as well as by the public.

So, my daily round up;

Spends - lots, all within budget but my weekly budget is now pretty much spent and it's only Monday :eek:
    Surveys - just rocking the SBTV

Steps - 6752

Jam Sales - I didn't put the stall out today because of the rain, but someone was so desperate for a jar of my strawberry jam they came and knocked on the door of the house :rotfl: so 1 jar sold. Apparently they will be back to spend lots of money on saturday :rotfl:

Paid the minimum off the capital 1 card and updated signature....realised that with my extra payments I've actually paid double the minimum payment this month :T

Need to make a card for my sister tonight once it's computer off time, and think about what to get my brother who lives in spain for his birthday....
  • Levi-
    Levi- Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    RE: The food bank situation Mars.. the person who spoke negatively of you, who made him/her aware of your mental health problems? And why did the supervisor feel it necessary to tell you what they had said? Obviously nice that he stuck up for you but I am wondering why they needed to 'stir it' given that as a vulnerable person you would not appreciate this kind of information, the smallest of comments can be devastating to someone in the grips of mental illness problems - don't let this happen, remember it is nothing more than ignorance.

I encounter this SO often at work with my clients and it makes my blood boil - don't tolerate it. Recently I had a client who's colleauge refused to work with him after the pilot crashed in to the alps because he thought from the terrible media coverage of that and the stigma-encouraging it did, that everyone with a mental health problem was about to commit mass-murder.

At work I spend my life trying to break through and educate this kind of .... brickwall of ignorance :(

Hope tomorrow you have a better day. :)
    - on a mission to be debt-free by the end of 2017 - :cool:
    [STRIKE]37500 [/STRIKE] 34650
  • themarsbargirl
    Options
    Levi - I have no idea why he decided to share the information with me. I am totally upfront and open about my issues - sharing that that is why I work up in the warehouse not directly with clients and also so people understand if I go 'no I can't carry this downstairs' it's an anxiety thing.
    Stigma unfortunately won't go away if I hide my condition, so being totally upfront and 'look at how much I can still do with this dehabilitating issue' is my way of fighting it.

I did however neglect to mention it to the FSA, had they asked I would have said but I didn't think that it was relevant to them as I'm not likely to contaminate my precious jam! I'm more likely to harm myself than others!
  • NotNormal
    NotNormal Posts: 193 Forumite
    Options
    Hello! Hadn't seen you on my diary so I popped over to check on you. Glad he stood up to the numpty that said that about you. I personally think it's a good thing he let you know, it helps to know he's on your side and also means if someone said something to you personally you aren't caught off guard. Glad jam sales are going well! I thought this might make you smile - http://www.jamboy.co.uk/#about just goes to show how far jam can take you!

And I doubt the FSA really need to know about your mental health, as you said it's not contagious or anything anyway
    No more making the same mistakes!
    Debt Paid £549/£2735 20.1%
  • themarsbargirl
    Options
    So today's round up,

Steps - forgot pedometer :o

Surveys - just SBTV all day, but reached daily goals.

Spends, lots, over budget :o all on plant related stuff.
  • themarsbargirl
    Options
    Had a bad day today, didn't want to go to foodbank after monday's revalation, but I knew I'd be the only one without a physical injury there to work the warehouse so I forced myself to go. A person I've not met before told me to go downstairs to say hello to the other volunteers and I was unable to extracate myself until a client finally came in 1 1/2 hours later. One guy wouldn't stop talking to me, even afterwards (unfortuanately walking the same way) and I thought it was just my crazy but when I mentioned it to Dad he went 'oh no, not xxxx' so it turns out it's not just my crazy going wild there, Dad actually kicked him out of the church he leads! It left me unsettled for quite a while afterwards.
    My probe thermometer arrived today so I bought strawberries, down to my last jar of strawberry jam in stock! And as it's so popular people knock on the door for it....

So today's round up

Spends - lots, over budget. I need to get my spends back in control.
    Steps - 8191...but I just snapped it's clip :(
    Sales - none. didn't put stall out as it's been showering all day
    Plants - my lettuce is coming on strongly and my broccoli have germinated!!!!!! I only planted them a couple days ago!

Very tired, will prep the strawberry jam tonight and boil it up tomorrow after the stress of talking to doctors etc.
  • themarsbargirl
    Options
    Today has been on of those days. I inadvertently told my neighbour that someone was dead too late for her to go to the funeral (she had commented about the funeral, I mentioned my Dad was taking it and who it was and got an 'oh no I didn't realise he'd died') whooops.

Then the sick note. All happy, called surgery this morning, went to pick it up this afternoon......and it's wrong, the reason that was put for why I was unable to work was a diagnosis that is 10 years out of date...and shouldn't even really be on my file. I am getting mightly pee'd off with the NHS. So the receptionist got the joy of watching me burst into tears and is trying to get it re-written for tomorrow. Why they can't let me see a fricking doctor to get signed off (as is supposed to happen) I don't know.

Then we went to Tesco and they have stopped selling the tins of mango pulp that is the base for my mango chutney :mad:

In other news, a solitary radish has popped up (since this morning when I looked and nothing had happened), lettuce doubles in size almost every day, my germinated broccoli are proper little seedlings now, one cherry tomato appears to be germinating and there is a teeny tiny green shoot coming from a wild alpine strawberry seed. Hopefully the next week will be very exciting in terms of germinating plants! And hopefully will get to the potting on stage soon.

Nothing sold from the jam stall today, but hey, win some lose some right?

Not doing surveys but do run SBTV all the time I am on the computer. Slowly building those points up!

ooooooh. I had a NSD! Only spends were jammy spends which don't count. so that's NSD6 for May! :D

Will need more tobacco tomorrow. Doing a shift at foodbank tomorrow, Dad has said he will always come with me now as Wednesday unsettled me so much I can't do it without him.
  • themarsbargirl
    Options
    Just a quick round up today, been a long day and very tired.

Spends - tobacco and dvd rental
    Surveys - just done SBTV, ought to do some actual surveys this weekend.
    Sales - 1 jar strawberry Jam.
    Plants - now one of the strawberry sweetcorn has germinated, and rocket has germinated and my turnips have germinated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport