Stepping into 2014- walking in My Shoes with Mooloo

Options

Comments

• Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you need to tell DGD about the baby? She may not notice a bump so telling her could wait until it's born.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I'm more concerned that Mum and BF blert it out. To start she will no doubt be happy. It's when she realises that she is t going to be living up here and that if they keep baby, yet didn't keep her, she may struggle.
    I don't want to hide it, but I also don't want to say anything to upset her. I have never lied to her, and don't want to either.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • whiteguineapig
    Options
    i'm not experienced in these matters but could you maybe say little sister/brother instead of baby, would that make any difference? (sounds daft when i'v wrote it down lol)
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    I'm more concerned that Mum and BF blert it out. To start she will no doubt be happy. It's when she realises that she is t going to be living up here and that if they keep baby, yet didn't keep her, she may struggle.
    I don't want to hide it, but I also don't want to say anything to upset her. I have never lied to her, and don't want to either.

Mum and BF could easily let the cat out of the bag. Perhaps you could discuss the situation with a professional to identify the least damaging way of dealing with it? An informal phone chat with the NSPCC helpline may be helpful.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • gizmo111
    gizmo111 Posts: 2,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Errata wrote: »
    Mum and BF could easily let the cat out of the bag. Perhaps you could discuss the situation with a professional to identify the least damaging way of dealing with it? An informal phone chat with the NSPCC helpline may be helpful.

She could try the NSPCC - or she could ring me!
    Mama read so much about the dangers of drinking alcohol and eating chocolate that she immediately gave up reading.
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Or even both :)

I think there is a world of difference between "lying" and how you spin something like this. For example "Mummy is moving 70 miles away" or "Mummy's flat won't be big enough when the baby arrives and she will need some help so she has a new place which is a bit further away"

Both are true..........
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • gizmo111
    gizmo111 Posts: 2,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    duchy wrote: »
    Or even both :)

I think there is a world of difference between "lying" and how you spin something like this. For example "Mummy is moving 70 miles away" or "Mummy's flat won't be big enough when the baby arrives and she will need some help so she has a new place which is a bit further away"

Both are true..........
    Depends on what her understanding is of why she lives with her gran.
    Mama read so much about the dangers of drinking alcohol and eating chocolate that she immediately gave up reading.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I will try and give you a call soon Gizmo.
    Today I've been teaching and making Christmas decorations. 6 hours today. So no alterations done.
    There are lots of jobs to do, so next week I am definitely going to have to bring work home to get it all done for the various deadlines. I want to take tomorrow off and spend the day with DGD and maybe do a craft fair or something Christmassy.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    We are just back from a day at Waddesden Manor. Brr it's a cold wind.
    We detoured into the out skirts of Aylesbury, and popped into Homebase. Bought some 1/2 price tree decorations. Too add to my makes etc.
    I can't remember the last time I bought new decorations.
    I had a moment, not planned, to talk to DGD about her Mummy. Not about the baby, but about her Mummy moving away to her BF's soon.
    It came up because she had been upset about something, and when ever she's upset she always turns it around to missing her Mummy, and this time she said her Mummy loves him more then her.
    So I explained that her Mummy does love her, but that it's in Mummy's own little way. That she doesn't understand how to love children very well. I said that The BF thinks that he can help Mummy if they move down to his, which they will be doing soon. I explained that I loved her, and that is why I am bringing her up, and that I have enough love for both of us.
    She had a hug, a mince pie and is now distracted with a cartoon on the TV.
    There is yet more Baby news. Biggest of Mooloo and her partner rang me this morning to tell me their good news. So that's three grandchildren next year! I am slightly happier about that one!
    But I hope there is no more surprises for a while.
    I am really tired. So it's going to be an early night so that I get a decent sleep before I launch into my 35 jobs awaiting me.
    I need to get a new order book as only three pages left in this one. So that's 3 books finished, and some 387 jobs. In 3 months.
    There doesn't appear to be any let up, and I expect a record number of jobs in this coming week with the number of last minute alterations people have been asking me about.
    Time to sort out our evening meal, get baths and hair washes, and make sure the school uniform is ready for the morning.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    My laptop has been playing up, so last night was spent doing a system restore etc. So now of course all my passwords etc need to be updated etc. The printer needs to be re installed, along with a few other programmes.
    I cannot seem to find my One Drive anymore, and that has a lot of my pictures and documents in. So I will need to try and find them lost in cyber space!.
    DGD is starting to miss her Mum, she hasn't seen her for a little while now, trying to think how long ago it was. Her Mum's Birthday weekend I think. That was 19th November.
    Her Mum text me asking for my sister's address in France, and Granny's address here. (She has lived there all their lives, lives around the corner from her, and she still doesn't know the address!!). But she didn't ask if DGD was Ok or anything.
    DGD is feeling a bit down, so I am trying to be upbeat, and say, things like oh, you know Mummy, she doesn't realise the time etc. Doesn't mean that she doesn't love or think about you. But its not easy. I want to say, its because she is self centred etc. But it is part of her learning difficulties I suppose.
    Anyway, on the other front, after a much later night then I had wanted, I slept quite well. Except for a weird dream about getting burned with hot Tomato Soup!! erm, where did that come from????
    The tree is up. It took me a while, but DGD is happy with it. I haven't done the rest of the decorations though. I still need to get a grip and get a lot of things tidied up.
    I advertised that I will be closing early tomorrow to watch the school play. Although in the end I have managed to obtain tickets for the Wednesday evening.
    I am still closing though. I have so much work to do that I will lock myself away in the workshop upstairs and try and catch up on the jobs that I have that are in the backlog now.
    I have so many to do. I realise that it will mean no chance to sell things in the shop side. But as they are the side lines, and not the main deals and don't always sell things, I think that I will be better off not being disturbed and just attack the back log of work.
    Today I was hoping to work through a lot of jobs. I earmarked them all on the spread sheets for this week, with estimated times etc. However I hit a problem with a jacket today, and what I had expected to last me 40 minutes, took me 3 hours in the end. So that leaves me 6 jobs behind for the days list!.
    The next jacket, did only take 42 minutes though, so that was lucky, as I had dreaded that that one two would have taken a lot longer then I had earmarked.
    The Jacket sleeves that I also had to do, did also take a bit longer. It was about 20 minutes longer.
    So I am taking a lot longer to do some jobs then I expected. I need to reflect this in the future estimates and the times etc so that I do not end up out of pocket.
    I am still well aware that I will need to hone my skills for some jobs, and to cost things a bit better.
    It is all a learning Curve. But the first three months have definitely flown by!. Three months! I really cannot believe that it has been that long!.

Tonight I am going to try and do a few smaller jobs, I brought some back with me, but that will be down to an if. If I have the right stuff here to do it, as I have taken most of my stuff to the shop over the last few months. So it will be sods law that I will not have something. However I could at least prep some of the jobs. Unpick a few seams etc.
    I haven't heard anything froml DS and his GF at all since they left last Tuesday. (No news is good news I hope). I am worried as time is running out for them on their tenancy. I just hope they are being pro active and will go and see the council and lean on them as much as they can.
    I am hoping this cold weather will not cuase them too many problems, livng out at the farm, and having to use a motorbike in this cold weather. I am struggling to defrost the car in the mornings, I cannot imagine how cold that bike must be!.
    I haven't heard from twin2 since she asked for food money when she went back last weekend. I presume she is still OK.

Finally one of the Christmas presents that I have ordered for DGD and DGD2/3 has arrived. (I say 2/3 as I class Biggest of Mooloo's BF's little girl as one of the girls as she is with them most of the time.).
    Wonder what the new year will bring, Girls/Boys? Well we know one is a boy. But what the other two will be I don't know yet. I know Biggest would like a little boy next.
    So wonder if we will have an "order" of boys!!
    Enough waffling. Its time for me to go and on with the jobs or I will never get done before midnight.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure