ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    (((HUGS))) Mooloo, so sorry your day has got off to such a bad start x
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I will be glad when today is over. I'm shattered, dispite having a try at knapping at work, at lunchtime. I closed at 12. We sorted out the workshop for tonight's lesson, and I was so tired I decided to have a rest, using DGDs duvet etc that's there, as I couldn't face coming home to moaning mini!
    I didn't really sleep but I did rest. At 3 I collected DGD and came home to find her still asleep on the floor. But DS at least did go to his job.
    She has got up and gone out now. So a bit of peace.
    DGD is on the kindle, I'm on the iPhone! What a pair we are!
    Teaching later. I hope it goes better then the morning did. My new embroidery machine came back, all sorted but I still couldn't get it to work! So I must be doing something wrong! Frustration as can't see what.
    Only managed to shorten two pairs of trousers! Looks like I will be on a mission tomorrow to catch up.
    It's got to get better again! I've had enough negative vibes for one week!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • gizmo111
    gizmo111 Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How old is GF?
    Mama read so much about the dangers of drinking alcohol and eating chocolate that she immediately gave up reading.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    19 years old.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Well the lesson went fine. So that's something.
    Tomorrow is another day. Gf isn't due at work until 12 so I get a lie in til 7am.
    I'm now tucked up in bed, heated blanket on my lower back, sleep mist sprayed, soothing lavender Gel for sleep.
    I have a very full order book for the next week to keep me out of mischief.
    So a decent sleep would be good.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Well I had a slightly better night. Only waking up twice. Which is good for me.
    I left the alarm until 7am so I could get better sleep. So that has been beneficial, although that does mean that I will not have time to do any housework first. But I needed sleep.
    I sorted out my order book, so I have direction for the next five days. I will probably have to work for a while on Sunday again. DGD has a birthday party so I may manage an hour or two then or after it.
    Fingers are crossed that DS gets his bike back today. Although I fear I will probably still have them here due to their shift patterns.
    Twin2 is supposed to come and see me, before she goes back to Cornwall.
    Time for my shower.
  • gizmo111
    gizmo111 Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    19 years old.
    In which case if she has been in care she should have her own support worker or social worker up to age 21 who should be helping her with housing and setting up home independently. As policy they will do an assessment on the baby to see what support she needs.
    Mama read so much about the dangers of drinking alcohol and eating chocolate that she immediately gave up reading.
  • Newtonlot
    Options
    Also at 19, living in your home, she should be at least helping with the housework.
    Both DS and GF would have to do it in their own home so it is not too much to ask to help you do it in yours.
    Newtonlot on an MSE mission
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,061 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    gizmo111 wrote: »
    In which case if she has been in care she should have her own support worker or social worker up to age 21 who should be helping her with housing and setting up home independently. As policy they will do an assessment on the baby to see what support she needs.
    I think that here they get extra support up to age 25. Certainly if they're homeless they're a priority until 25.

The danger is that Mooloo gets sucked into being seen as part of her support network though ... and expected to pick up the pieces, house her and baby etc etc etc.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    I think it seems odd that she has not been to the Local Authority for housing before now.

My guess is that she has had her own tenancy (or one with a previous boyfriend) which has gone wrong (either ASB or arrears) and she would be intentionally homeless.

Don't forget people can be priority need but intentional and then the LA does not have to offer them temp. accommodation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure