Stepping into 2014- walking in My Shoes with Mooloo

Options

Comments

• Brighton_belle
    Options
    Hi mooloo, just wanted to add to the congratulation: despite what feels like a bad week, overall you are doing so well: I'm incredibly impressed at your perseverance and vision.
    I am also in awe of anyone handy with a needle *my worst nightmare* :D
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I managed to bank £368 this week. So not a disaster, but way behing my forecast, however today's work will be paid for on the coming week, some £98 worth caught up on. There is some £280 worth of work still to do as well.
    The doilies that I have been sewing will eventually bring in some £160 as well.
    I hope that I will be back on track tomorrow now and will be able to have things collected and money back in the tin.

Biggest of Mooloo is now realising that her job really is taking it's toll on her relationship with her daughter and her BF, and she will be looking for a part time job instead. I think it's for the best.
    Twin2 is still left field and out of sorts with me.
    Twin1 was happy with her Vax. Her BF was about to road test it when I left.
    DS started a new job here in Brackley yesterday, I hope it gives them more money, and better travelling times etc.
    They still need a place to live by New Year's Day!
    His GF drives me nuts so I hope we don't have to shelter them here!
    DGD needs to be Peter Pan, or another character from the story for school - so I needto get time to make her a costume ( or buy one!!!:( )
    Time to relax now I've ordered all my zips etc for the latest jobs.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Brighton_belle
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »

Nip that thought in the bud right now Mooloo. They chose to be casual with contraception before they have stood on their on two feet financially. Your son is going to become a father and he needs to learn to fix his own problems.
    Sadly there is very little chance the relationship will last beyond next year anyway so don't find yourself in the middle of acrimony and trauma. They will do no housework, will drain your resources without giving anything back and won't do any single thing to make your life better or easier.
    But I really hope his job goes well: I know it has been difficult for him, with his dyslexia.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    They still need a place to live by New Year's Day!
    Well, I think we'll all be pretty unanimous on that one. You do NOT have to shelter them there!

Send them to the council. Tell them to ask about deposit bond schemes. Make it very clear they are NOT coming to your place!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I doubt I could last a week with her!
    Have sent them to council, council said she has to be 24 weeks before they will go on the list.
    I'm tired now. Time to go to bed.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Today was a better day. Hopefully I have broken the duck so too speak.
    Today was more on the ball, dispite not quite starting to sew until after 10am.
    We have changed the window to a Christmas theme-already. But as all the other shops have I thought we better. Molly's daughter made me a bunting on Saturday, as I didn't have the time.
    We also took in the 300th job today, and the 301, 302 so things are still going very well.
    Today was about doing some of the small jobs, contacting the people who's jobs were finished. So what did I do? Replaced a zip in jeans, shortened velvet trousers, took a skirt in 2", altered a cocktail dress at the bust line. Mended two pairs of trousers gone at the crotch ( and got covered in straw from the pockets of them- owner is a farmer), fixed another pair gone at the crotch for someone else. Fixed a judo suit.
    Also worked on appliqu! on a duvet cover.
    So not too bad.
    I think I've forgotten something, but can't remember what.
    I am tired but happy.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    [Have decided to take the kindle up to bed for an early night. Ages since I read a book. (Or a ebook-)DGD not so happy with me as she was playing games on the thing.
    I suppose that is why I am not reading as much as I dont get much of as look in these days.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Today was another busy day. Finally beginning to feel ontop of the work load, even though more is coming in.
    We had a lovely compliment about our shop window. The lady said it was the best in town.
    New faces are finding us everyday, and a lot are from Facebook mentions.
    I'm remembering to make up soup from my approved foods store and take it in a flask to work, to save money on lunches etc.
    My personal budget is still very tight after the art up of the shop, and bailing out my son etc this year.
    So now I begin the task of tweaking things, to make sure I am not going to slip into debt. I haven't quite got the money to pay me a wage yet. So I need to be looking at ways to do that in the near future.
    Tomorrow is the twins birthday. So another trip to Towcester to see at least twin1. Although I am not sure why I bother. I asked twin 2 to be there but she doesn't plan to. ( she is in hands of girl from family from hell still).
    I just hope she doesn't loose her money as today was her dLA day.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Today the twins are 26
    I go into work early, try to finish early. And collect DGD from School instead of after school club. But I'm out again at 7pm to teach lesson 3 of 6.
    Busy day ahead as we have to pop over to see twin 1 anyway.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I'm just about to go out again after being on the go all day. I went I to work at 8. Sorted out a few bits that needed doing like changing the blown bulbs. 7 today! There is one I couldn't change that is on the stairs so an emergency light is there.
    My intention was to work on Christmas stock, as what we had is nearly all gone. But the embroidery was a bit hit and miss- breaking 3 needles. Each time it was because the black thread got wound around the spindle! Couldn't take your eyes off it, which is easier said then done with customers in and out.
    We were supposed to close at 12. I did nip out to the charity shop to take a look and bought myself a coat. (£20 for a tweed full length coat seemed a good price to me). Went back into the shop and my helper was still working and had had a few people still in. The sign was closed, the door locked, we were upstairs and a man still rang the doorbell! I did serve him.
    Then as we were finally leaving at two, coats on and heading for the door two ladies were trying to get in. I opened the door and said Sorry we closed at 12. And one of them was very sharp with me! You can't win can you!
    I am sure they cannot read! At eye level on the door a sign saying closed. In the door pain beside the handle one pain lower, the opening and closing times. Door is locked??? Why still insist on being allowed in?
    I smile and am polite but people are still incredulous that I'm closed!!
    I got home I time for a bite to eat, then it was time to go out and collect DGD. We went straight from school to see her Mum. I was hardly in the door and they wanted a lift to town to collect her ring before the shop shut at 5.30. This was 4pm with traffic nightmare on the M1, A5, and A43, and about to be rush hour! Reluctantly I ended up driving to Northampton across country, via Shutlanger, Blisworth and Delapre. Coming back home even more co glutted route via Patishall, Cold Higham, greens Norton, and circling the A5 etc. Only needed to cross it. But obviously a lot further, but better then being stuck in traffic.
    That meant DGD just had a McDonalds for her tea as I have to go out now. Just waiting for the Babysitter!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure