Corban Direct - Awful customer service

Options
1235»

Comments

• chrissie59_2
    Options
    Corban Direct - Fraudulent Business Activity
    I ordered a corner computer table in September 14 and waited in on 4 separate occasions for it to arrive. Each time I rang them and they confirmed it was definitely on the delivery, even telling me I was the last drop and it may be late but it never arrived.
    Eventually at the end of Oct they admitted they did not have it in stock and would not be getting it back in so they offered me a refund. When it did not appear in my account they claimed that my card refused to accept the refund so asked for details so they could do a bank transfer saying it would be in my account in 2-3 days but it never arrived. I have sent endless emails regarding my refund and they kept coming back with 'I don't understand what has happened we are trying to refund you'. Chris Morris in customer services, who claimed he was a senior manager, even said last Thursday that he had personally witnessed the transaction going through but, of course, it did not arrive. At this stage I had threatened them with legal action but to no avail until I rang them today and told them that I was half way through filling out an Action Fraud form on the Action Fraud Police UK website as it is fraud to take a persons money and then not deliver the goods or refund within a reasonable time. I also told them that it would be Daniel Corner and Richard Banks, the two directors of the company that would be prosecuted and that I would be ringing them every hour until it had been done. so finally today I have been refunded within the hour. Avoid this company at all costs, if you look on Company Check, Free Companies House Search, you will see that they had a company under the same name which has been dissolved and it looks like they have started up again with new directors.
    I hope that this will help anyone who has had the same problems as me, I would also like to point out that sending emails is great in the first place for gathering evidence to report the fraud but when you have done that phone them up and tell them you will be phoning back every hour until the money appears in your account. They do not like the idea of fraud reporting either so they know what they are doing is wrong.
  • I also had poor customer service. I brought a bed for a student let property via the Bedroom Direct website owned by Corban Direct. So much to complain about i'll just list them.
    1. 4 failed attempts at delivery.
    2. Cancelled order and asked for refund.
    3. Over 20 calls to chase refund.
    4. Wouldn't issue documents confirming refund so could not get charge back from bank.
    5. After 1 month got an email saying money would be transferred.
    6. 3 months later still waiting for refund.
  • gedear1
    Options
    placed an order
    they took the money
    many delivery dates
    despite many calls, e-mails and webchat
    nothing turned up yet
    month gone by
    still waiting
    distressing and wasted my time
    going to launch a complain and take them to court
  • rickyhpierre
    Options
    This review has been posted on two other review sites. I want it to be all over the web how bad this firm is and how many people they are swindling out of money.

I ordered a bed on 19 September 2014. It was to be delivered the following week. The bed did not turn up. No notification from the company. I rang them and they said next week, again no delivery, and then again Then they said it was out of stock. I canceled as it had not been delivered by 9 October 2014. I was told that my refund would take 3-5 days. It has still not been refunded by 3 March 2015! I have made many phone calls and sent many emails, each time they say my refund is coming in a few days.

My last two communications were with Andrew Wheeler, Customer Services Manager, who in his last email on 6 February 2015 said "Our accounts team have confirmed that your refund has been issued and should be crediting shortly. This should take between 2-3 business days to credit your account. If there are any further issues please let me know and I will do everything I can to resolve any issues for you." As before there has been no refund, and no reply to my latest email to Mr Wheeler.

The way this company and its affiliate Direct Bedrooms act is appalling! They are taking money for goods they never deliver, then when canceled don't refund the purchasers money. This seems like fraud to me. it is taking money under false pretenses. Follow me on twitter @PHenrypierre and re-tweet mine and others ignored complaints. I will also be sharing a post about their fraudulent practices on as many Facebook pages as I can. So all of you who have been cheated I urge you to do the same!
  • Lucy07
    Lucy07 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I had the same problem when I purchased a bed from them, after sending countless emails and calling every day I still didn't receive my bed. They kept giving me useless excuses, after I threatened legal action they issued a partial refund. Still waiting on my full refund and seems I will have to now take them to court. Brought a new bed now from decur.co.uk and did not have to wait too long considering it is a made to order bed.

Learnt my lesson!!
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lucy07 wrote: »
    I had the same problem when I purchased a bed from them, after sending countless emails and calling every day I still didn't receive my bed. They kept giving me useless excuses, after I threatened legal action they issued a partial refund. Still waiting on my full refund and seems I will have to now take them to court. Brought a new bed now from decur.co.uk and did not have to wait too long considering it is a made to order bed.

Learnt my lesson!!
    How did you pay? By card?

See if a chargeback is possible by reading MSE's article:
  • Lucy07
    Lucy07 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, yes I paid by card.
  • Tom_Whyte
    Options
    Hi, I have had a similar experience with Corban Direct. We ordered a Day Bed. It was weeks late and had broken parts. Eventually we got all the bits. We were promised a 20% refund by Christopher Wallace. I have spent well over a year dealing with a variety of other promisers.
    I have found that they are now operating under the name Bedrooms Direct and the way to get through is via their sales function.
    This is their latest:
    Andrew replied
    Aug 6, 14:29
    Dear Mr Whyte,
    Thank you for contacting us, unfortunately Chris no longer works for our company, however I am aware that he was previously our Customer Services Manager. This role is now fulfilled by myself, however due to the severity and duration of this issue, I have been taking a look into your order and I can see that we were to process a 20% partial refund for you, for order 20914, for the amount of £27.99.
    (This is about half the figure expected)
    As discussed on the phone, I will have a senior manager investigate this issue for you as a matter of urgency, and we will ensure that you are contacted between Monday and Wednesday with a resolution to this.

Kind Regards
    Andrew Wheeler
    Customer Services Manager
    0800 270 7608
    customerservices@corbandirect.co.uk

Of course their 0800 number gets you nowhere.

For information: Corban is a Jewish word meaning: Set aside for God....interpret that as you wish.
  • duddon16
    Options
    WARNING Corban Direct operating under different name..Direct Bedroom

If you are thinking of buying a New Bed or Mattress or anything From ‘ Direct Bedroom ‘ or their other company ‘ For My House ‘ DON’T!! After sleeping on a Dura Pine King Mattress on Holiday, we loved it so much that we ordered one from the above company who promised it would be delivered in 2 weeks. Well after being let down X3 on the delivery even promising the night before that it would be delivered the next day, only to receive an Email the next morning saying sorry it won’t be delivered until Wednesday then being told Wednesday it will either be Thursday or Friday, we told them to forget it. We cancelled the order and asked for a refund in fact, my lovely meek and mild wife told them they had been stringing us along and put the phone down on them. A complete Shambles!! I have since discovered on an open forum that our experience is not an isolated case. I Phoned the Manufacturers of Dura Beds direct, they don’t sell to the public, but they recommended one of their retailers in Newcastle, literally 15 minutes away from me. I told them my story she said “ say know more we know Direct Bedroom and don’t supply to them “ I could tell by the tone in her voice that the company is a shambles and my story was familiar with her. You have been warned don’t purchase anything from ‘ Direct Bedroom ‘ or ‘ For my House. ‘ I have paid £40 more for the same Mattress but with the peace of mind that the Manufacturer themselves have recommended one of their own retailers who will phone me prior to delivery in two weeks.
  • Simsy57
    Options
    Don't go near them. I had faulty Xmas lights and they will not replace or refund my money.
    Customer service is non existent
    Avoid
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family