Corban Direct - Awful customer service

Options

Comments

• FREEbird
    FREEbird Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 7 November 2014 at 12:57PM
    Options
    It is obvious to me after never receiving my order from them, and the attitude of their staff, that this company is basically
    ORGANISED CRIME!

The company is is obviously a SCAM - set up by CRIMINALS to relieve you of your hard earned cash.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

REPORT THEM TO THE TRADING STANDARDS AND COMPANIES HOUSE, TRY TO RECLAIM YOUR MONEY VIA YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND SHOW THEM ALL THESE NEGATIVE REVIEWS IN THIS SITE.

TELEPHONE TRADING STANDARDS IN CHESHIRE WHO ARE NOW ON TO THE CASE
    DIRECT DAIL NUMBER 01244 973751
  • dors01
    dors01 Posts: 59 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Judging by the complaints being made about this company i would say it is being run the shower of Sh*t that owned Best Choice Furniture.
    If it is, then theres is very little hope of getting anything decent from them as they sell seconds that the manufacturer deemed unfit for sale for whatever reason.
    The numbers just don't stack up with these companies;
    New metal double bed frame £58.33+ VAT
    Delivery of large item £10+ VAT
    So the company has to pay for the bed and staff and premises and find some profit from £48.33 hhhmmmmmm something wrong here?
  • Alicorn
    Options
    I will never buy anything from Direct Bedroom orCorban Direct.Be warned. We bought bunk beds online from Direct Bedroom. They couldn’t supply them and said they would give us our money back. They didn’t. They apologise regularly on e-mails and by phone and give lots of excuses but have not returned our money. I think they are the same company as we get excuses from both companies- yet no money back from either. I paid them my money on the 20th October 2014. What a nightmare!
  • magpy
    Options
    Agreed, dreadful company. I chased an order that had not been received after 3 weeks. Emailed and asked when I could expect it. No response. Two phone calls over the next 3 weeks, each time they promised to call back the next day with info but did not. Cancelled order and requested money back. Two more requests asking for money back resulted in promises that it would happen within 24 hours but you guessed it, nothing. Then saw this forum and the advice that they seem to respond to Twitter so started a Twitter campaign. After 2 posts got a call at 7pm yesterday apologising and saying that they would deal with it. Another call from them this morning (Tim Sewell) saying they made the refund today and yes it has happened - brilliant - thanks to those that suggested having a go at the Company on Twitter. Moral - use Twitter to detail issue/complaint and do not use the company again.
  • greatsnoring
    Options
    Got stung like all the rest of you so sent the following letter to our friend Tim Sewell:-

Dear Tim,

Surprise, surprise the money hasn’t turned up. Here’s what I’ve done. Put a claim in against your company in the small claims court. Not in the name you gave me of Corban Direct, which as you know has been dissolved as a company, but in the name Direct Corban UK Ltd. This has cost £25, which will be added to the money you owe me. I have found out quite a lot about you at ***
    this forum*** and realise that a County Court Judgement won’t worry you too much as you no doubt have many of these. Since its only £230 I would rather have a bit of amusement as I can afford to lose that sort of money so I have written to Points of View at the BBC – they always enjoy a good scam, and I am about to make you quite well known when I get a friend of mine who is in the advertising business to start a facebook campaign and a twitter campaign regarding your company / companies. Isn’t social media a wonderful thing? Somebody once said “No publicity is bad publicity” – Well I think they were wrong, we will find out.

On the same website listed above somebody has very kindly left your local trading standards direct dial number. I have left a message as it is after 5 - lets hope she wants a bit more ammunition against you!

Yours sincerely

I will report back if my money turns up.
  • Hoekoo
    Options
    I placed an order with directbedroom.co.uk however their customer service comes from Corban Direct. Their websites look very similar so I don't think it is unreasonable to assume these are associated Companies.

I ordered a mattress and selected a delivery date. Arranged to work from home that day to take delivery. By midday I had not received any communication so I called them only to be told that it was not being delivered that day. They then told me there was an issue with the supplier and they could not give me a delivery date. A week later there was still no delivery date so I cancelled the order on 30/9/14. They confirmed cancellation and said they would refund my credit card. 2 emails later, no sign of refund. I called them only to be told that their credit card machine wasn't working (mmm, wonder if it worked in sales...) I was told it would be done as soon as possible. I asked them to contact me when it had been processed. (Luckily I didn't hold my breath for a response!) Followed up with another email when they asked for my bank details so that they could make a direct transfer .... still waiting, another call with Tim (whom I was told was the manager) confirmed my bank details with me again and said it would be in my account by last Friday. Surprise, surprise, still no sign of my money. Called them twice today to speak to Tim who has not returned my call.
    What is a gal to do??
    Watchdog, Trading Standards, Data Protection??
    If only I had read this thread. The other annoying point is that I cannot post a review on their website as I have not received the link - sounds fair considering I have not received a mattress!!

If only I had read the previous threads.
    BEWARE of trading with either of these Companies!
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hoekoo wrote: »
    What is a gal to do??
    Watchdog, Trading Standards, Data Protection??
    Well one thing you could've done was read earlier posts on this thread. :D

You would've seen this just two posts above yours:
    magpy wrote: »
    ...Then saw this forum and the advice that they seem to respond to Twitter so started a Twitter campaign. After 2 posts got a call at 7pm yesterday apologising and saying that they would deal with it. Another call from them this morning (Tim Sewell) saying they made the refund today and yes it has happened - brilliant - thanks to those that suggested having a go at the Company on Twitter. Moral - use Twitter to detail issue/complaint and do not use the company again.
  • Hoekoo
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    Well one thing you could've done was read earlier posts on this thread. :D

You would've seen this just two posts above yours:

Thanks Magpy, read all the threads once I had "vented" and did phone trading standards.
    The good news is that I received a refund today, almost 2 months to the day!
    Maybe their refund terms are 60 days! If only they would tell their customers.
  • magpy
    Options
    Good news - I guess one of the best ways to get at a 'bad' internet company is to hit them where it hurts - on the internet through social media - always being accurate on what you say but they do provide lots of ammunition! FYI I have also reported them to trading standards
  • In a nutshell.
    1. 3 Failed deliveries of a bed for a student accommodation.
    2. On the fourth attempt to deliver I asked they provide the courier details and tracking number which they could not do.
    3. I cancelled the order but they would not send a confirmation via email or post.
    ( Important tip!) Do not do this. If you do not receive your product on the delivery date and you paid with a visa debit or credit card contact the card provider and say you have not received your product. ( If you cancel the order without a email confirmation from Corban direct VISA CANNOT HELP YOU!)
    4. If like me you did cancel the order though complete frustration then the only option is to contact trading standards. They will give you a reference number and advise you send a recorded delivery letter to the Company asking for a refund within 7 working days. The next stage will be the small claims court.
    I only hope this stops anyone else dealing with these rogue traders.
    See you in Court Corban Direct!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport