Corban Direct - Awful customer service

Purchased Christmas lights from this company at the beginning of December but so appalled by their customer service that I joined this forum site just to vent my anger about my experience and warn other potential customers.
Firstly their web site shows lots of products but how many of them they actually have is debatable. They took a £45 payment from me for the above item but then contacted me a day later to say they have no stock and would I like to use the payment to buy something else from them! I just asked for a refund. As yet, 3 telephone calls, an e-mail, numerous web chats and a formal complaint via my credit card company -still no refund. When I had the original call with them the operator told me the payment was taken accidentally as web site had not had a chance to update since stock had been sold and no further stock was due. I have monitored the site since and 19 days later they are still accepting payments for this item even though they clearly have no stock!!! They have made no attempt to acknowledge my complaints and their customer phone line does not connect - only way to speak to them is pretend to place an order and ask them to call me - which they do when they think I am placing an order. They don't return call if I state I want to talk to someone about a refund - strange that? :mad:

Comments

• SisterAct
    SisterAct Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Bought a daybed and trundle for Christmas after I was assured on the phone it was in stock. The money was debited from my account that day. On the delivery day I was texted to say item not in stock.
    I am still waiting for a reply to my complaint letter. Still no refund. They only anwser the phone to new sales enquires.
  • We have been so unhappy with the lack of service Corban Direct has provided us. I would advise people not to shop with this company. We ordered a bed and had 5 failed delivery dates before it eventually arrived. They never rang us/emailed back and were never await of the failed delivery - we always had to do the chasing. We are also still awaiting a refund for the Saturday deliver we paid for and never got, plus some form of compensation for the disastrous service. They offered us a 6% refund as a 'gesture of goodwill' which we told them was pitiful but for ease accepted. However, 6 weeks on we haven't even received that and are now taking them to court. AVOID at all costs.
  • I too have just joined to confirm this shocking company and trying to warn as many potential customers being ripped off too..
    In a word 'Shocking' Ordered a bed on the 6th January..(in stock available for next day delivery) and requested a delivery of the 20th to coincide with a new mattress being delivered (Dreams - with them taking away my old bed and mattress) Had a call on the friday..before delivery scheduled for monday stating the bed was now out of stock..effectively selling it on.Unable to rebook my dreams delivery due to timescale. We are now sleeping on the floor!!...on my new mattress minus the bed! Promised delivery for the 24th... no emails or calls..getting a little worried..so I rang to ask for a tracking number to be told there was a 'problem' with the delivery and would now be delivered on the 27th.. Did not reply to 2 x email complaints.. was promised on live chat (when I was able to eventually 'connect' that someone would address my complaints only to be fobbed off with a generic apology. Have now managed to speak to a ''supervisor??' and have agreed to compensate me..albeit pitifully.. due to 'the good price I paid for the bed' Take heed..avoid at all costs... customer services lacking, unprofessional and very very poor communication.
  • I reviewed the company on another website.. and got an email today stating corban direct had complained about my negative review and have deleted it!
    today I rang them to try to get a tracking number for the bed they promised to be delivered on monday..and yet again there is a problem so will not receive it until the 28th at the earliest. My wife and I are still sleeping on a floor with Mrs Dwabo1981 disabled too and on crutches.. this is shocking. I have tonight reported them to CAB/trading standards
  • I have also just joined to try and warn people about Corban Direct. Terrible customer service, missed delivery dates and still no refund from Corban Direct. I purchased a mattress on the Corban Direct web site on the 29th December 2013. The delivery was promised for the following week. It failed to appear and after I wrote several emails and asked for a refund I was eventually promised a new delivery date which I foolishly agreed to. The new delivery date also came and went with no sign of the item. Since then I have asked for a full refund several times but without any success. I wish I had reviewed Corban Direct before I made the purchase as I have since found the conduct of Corban Direct has prompted negative reviews from many dissatisfied customers.
  • I have had to add my experience to this forum as reading down it is looking more and more unlikely that I will receive a refund from this company.
    I placed an order for an item that clearly displayed as being in Stock and available for next day delivery I continued through the checkout procedure and the payment was taken.
    Following day I had notification that the item wasn't in Stock and not expected in for a further 4 weeks , at which point I requested to cancel the order and please issue a full refund , this was within 24 hours of placing the order, so well within my rights.

I have been promised that the money would be refunded firstly 3 to 5 days and since then every day.........still no money.

I think unfortunately we are going to have to pursue consumer advice to have any chance of seeing our hard earned again.. I will keep you posted and if anything positive happens I will revisit this Post and tell you what a wonderful experience I had...........but Im not hanging my hopes on that happening...
  • I wish I had a pound for every lie I have been told by this company! (When they bother to answer the phone!) They promise to ring back - they don't. They promise to arrange collection of faulty goods - it doesn't happen. Refund promised to be in account 2/3 days - more like 2/3 months. Compensation cheque posted 3 times - never arrived - eventually paid by bank transfer.
    At one point we had no less than 5 recliner chairs in our possession waiting for collection! Eventually they were collected in 2 lots - but not on the promised days! After nearly 4 months I am glad to say we need no more contact with this company! AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 February 2014 at 9:10AM
    http://www.companysearchesmadesimple.com/v2/company/uk/08184443/direct-corban-uk-limited/

Registered with companies house as direct corban uk limited Chester Cheshire
    They were going to be struck off then this was suspended in December .
    I notice on another unrelated thread that this can be requested by the aggrieved consumer in in order to sue the company before they go into administration-so do it now!
    Review them on rip off report( can't be removed)
    Also maybe review centre and 192.com
    NOT ekomi as they seem to have a lot of " positives" on-and a link to them on their site
  • I have read many negative reviews, and was very worried when Corban Direct took the money from my account the moment I placed the on-line order, but sent no order confirmation. At 9 am Monday, I received a call from Andrew, stating they needed my passport and evidence of residence before placing the order, and they would not be able to refund my money.

I sent the scans required immediately, and had no reply for hours. I phoned, and spoke with Fran, who told me they had not received my earlier email. I sent it again, with more scans. I was told that I was too late for next day delivery now, and that the furniture would arrive on Wed. They phoned me early Wed to tell me the time that I would receive my delivery. I also received email updates from their delivery company alerting me to the progress of my delivery. I waited in worry and hopeful anticipation.

My delivery arrived exactly when promised! Argos had been fobbing me off for 3 weeks, promising delivery, and then saying my furniture was out of stock, 2 days after they assured me everything was ok. Corban Direct delivered the couch when promised! And, it was way better quality than I ever imagined! My only concern was that the three-seater couch was carried up 2 flights of stairs by a man the size of an Aintree jockey! Corban Direct should insist that heavy deliveries are made by 2 men. I chose Corban Direct because they were one of 2 companies that would deliver to my door, rather than the street entrance of the building. Admittedly, I am still trying to put together the 2 bedside tables, and will need to buy in assistance for an article that says only a screwdriver is needed!
  • I ordered a bed last Wednesday to ensure it would be here for when we moved on Saturday. I chose Friday as my delivery day and was called by a rep on Thursday to confirm my address and order. As far as I was aware the order was being processed to be delivered Friday as expected.

I waited in all day Friday and was unable to update the courier website (XDP) also unsure how reliable they are as a company.

No call, no bed so I called at 4.55 to speak to someone from Corban Direct and find out what was happening. I explained that I was moving tomorrow which is why we needed the bed Friday! The woman on the phone told me that the bed had been damaged in transit and would get another one out on Monday, she then proceeded to pretend I was breaking up, then hung up on me. Sure enough when I called back having not had the opportunity to change my address the offices were closed! How convenient.

They were then shut for the whole weekend so I had to wait until Monday to call back. I called as soon as they opened and was told that the rep would get hold of the delivery company and change my address and call me back. In the mean time I visited the old address to check incase they had come and had my old neighbour on watch all day just incase. No call back for two hours so I called again. I was told she was unable to get hold of them but I waited on the line while she called them and we had the address updated (or so I thought)

We now had a time frame between 1 and 4pm Sure enough 4.15 came and no bed at either address. I called for the third time and another 10 minute wait on the phone to the delivery company and it turns out XDP had supposedly already been in that area this morning before she got through to update my address. Now if that were true then the bed would have been there or at the very least a calling card. No such thing existed so someone was lying! My guess is on Corban Direct!

I declined her offer to have the bed delivered the following day and asked for a refund because this is hands down the worst customer service I have ever received!

If I do not get my money back I will be driving down there personally to get it back! Fuming!

XDP are not in my great books either as so far they are unreachable by phone to customers and are not biding well with me either after this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure