🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Sun holidays start 4.1.14

Options

Comments

• springdreams
    springdreams Posts: 3,623 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Car Insurance Carver! Home Insurance Hacker! Xmas Saver!
    Options
    We stayed at Le Croix Du VP last April and did 2 separate day visits to Disneyland Paris. They do trips from the site its self if you don't want to drive, but we chose to drive as you can get there early (good idea!) and leave late and see the fantastic firework show they put on (another good idea!). I seem to think it was about an hours drive away (?), but I cant speak highly enough of the campsite. Its the only time I've ever visited France on a £9.50 deal, but it certainly wouldn't be the last!!!

It is only an hours drive away from Le Croix Du VP to Disneyland Paris.

The park does offer coach trips to Disneyland Paris as well as to Paris. However, there is a fee payable per person, and they are not daily trips to each destination.
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
  • weesiecodal
    Options
    I just got my pack through and there are no dates available in July for Europe, but the ferry deals include travel up to 21st July. Also, I can't see any option for 7 night breaks in Europe. We went in July last year and were hoping to do the same this year. Am I missing something?
  • holidaysforme
    holidaysforme Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I just got my pack through and there are no dates available in July for Europe, but the ferry deals include travel up to 21st July. Also, I can't see any option for 7 night breaks in Europe. We went in July last year and were hoping to do the same this year. Am I missing something?

Haven't looked at july dates closely, as we are only interested in may and october, but as regards to doing a seven night break, you can select the seven night option on the european holidays when you book online.
    We have done seven nights twice in october now.
  • weesiecodal
    Options
    Haven't looked at july dates closely, as we are only interested in may and october, but as regards to doing a seven night break, you can select the seven night option on the european holidays when you book online.
    We have done seven nights twice in october now.

Yes,we did that last year, but I can't go in October or Easter so it really needs to be July for me :(
  • millerose
    millerose Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    August is usually not included in the Sun holiday token collect scheme.

On the rare occassions that it has been included, it has been added much later on in the year and tends to be the tail end of August.

School holiday dates tend to be £15 per person, for a minimum of 4 people.

HTH

We have been on 2 Sun holidays in August - 2012 and 2013. Its the Bank holiday weekend in August so usually around the 25/26th. We go Mon-fri. It was £15 per person (min 4). however only certain parks and areas were included, so it was a case of not being fussy. No Yorkshire/Lincolnshire parks were/have been included so far. For these dates in August we have always booked these holidays in April when the summer £9.50 promotion is on.
  • poppyred
    poppyred Posts: 241 Forumite
    Options
    hi, i've never booked online before always by post, i have a priority booking form come in the post today, the problem is my husband can only get a certain week off work and there's one park which we really fancy trying, will i have to put in 3 dates and 3 parks and they will just select it for me, or can i just input 1 park and 1 date ? any help would be great x
  • springdreams
    edited 3 January 2014 at 9:28PM
    Options
    poppyred wrote: »
    hi, i've never booked online before always by post, i have a priority booking form come in the post today, the problem is my husband can only get a certain week off work and there's one park which we really fancy trying, will i have to put in 3 dates and 3 parks and they will just select it for me, or can i just input 1 park and 1 date ? any help would be great x

You are still going to have to put in at least 3 parks and 3 dates. The difference being that you will know which park and which dates have been allocated to you BEFORE you pay.

If you don't like the park and/or dates, then you can try again with different combinations to try get the park and dates you want.

However, if it is a popular park and school holiday dates, it is likely to be very difficult to get.
    SPC No. 518
  • poppyred
    poppyred Posts: 241 Forumite
    Options
    You are still going to have to put in at least 3 parks and 3 dates. The difference being that you will know which park and which dates have been allocated to you BEFORE you pay.

If you don't like the park and/or dates, then you can try again with difference combinations to try get the park and dates you want.

However, if it is a popular park and school holiday dates, it is likely to be very difficult to get.

Thanks so much, this puts my mind at rest a little now :beer:
  • ayeshasi
    ayeshasi Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is there anything for Disneyland?
  • springdreams
    Options
    ayeshasi wrote: »
    Is there anything for Disneyland?

If you read the thread from the beginning you will see that this has already been discussed ;)
    SPC No. 518
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills