We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun holidays start 4.1.14

Options

Comments

• mrsgreenwood_2
    Options
    how do we know which parks are available for which dates?

id be looking for butlins skegness 26th may.

**Waiting for a BIG win!**

Thank you all posters!

S born 2006 and N born 2010 *delivered at home by daddy!*
  • Louok
    Louok Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone been to butlins in may half term? Thinking of booking 30th may for 3 nights but not sure on availability !
  • holidaysforme
    holidaysforme Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Anyone booking a european park?
  • pinkladyof66
    pinkladyof66 Posts: 1,829 Forumite
    Options
    i went to butlins may day week last year

Make £200 by end of January... £20.42/£200
    Grocery Challenge £200 pm Jan £0/£200
    January no spend days - 1/31
  • bigsmileygirl
    Options
    Anyone booking a european park?
    Hi there - I got to the European parks every year and they are always fabulous. We pick the dates we re looking for and the region and sometimes we don't get our choice. But we go with whatever is available and we have NEVER been disappointed. The parks are always excellent and we have a great time.
  • holidaysforme
    holidaysforme Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi there - I got to the European parks every year and they are always fabulous. We pick the dates we re looking for and the region and sometimes we don't get our choice. But we go with whatever is available and we have NEVER been disappointed. The parks are always excellent and we have a great time.

Sounds good:) i think we'll do france again this year but haven't finally decided yet..
  • jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mrsrabbit wrote: »
    Booked just the 4 days break in oct 2012 half term at Le Chene Gris cost £15 per person and Oct 2013 half term at Le Croix du V.P. was £9.50 per person, plus entertainment. The total for 5 was £60. Cant get any deal better than that. You have to factor in travelling costs as well. the closest site to Disneyland is Le Chene Gris about 15 mins max away.

I am currently arguing with my husband about this, because when the post came my 8 year old, who is desperate to go to disneyland paris, asked if there are any holidays nearby :D

He's sulking because he thinks it's only worth going if you stay in the disneyland hotels, but we can't afford to do that, so we are both sulking now.

Is chene gris really only 15 mins drive from the theme park? How much is parking? Do they have a bus to the park? Sorry to be a pain, but we can't afford to holiday the way my husband wants to, and my 8 year old really wants to go abroad.
    52% tight
  • watchingthepennies_2
    Options
    Exactly the questions I wanted to ask to Jellyhead!
  • springdreams
    springdreams Posts: 3,623 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Car Insurance Carver! Home Insurance Hacker! Xmas Saver!
    Options
    yes they do fun.. fun > experience days > European attractions

£34 in CC vouchers will get you a Disneyland ticket. They also do offers for Futuroscope, Park Asterix and other Parisian attractions

Good to know. They definitely did not have them when I went in May 2013. Just checked the Tesco clubcard site and see that these Disneyland park tickets are a new addition, which would explain why they weren't there when I looked before. ;)
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jellyhead wrote: »
    I am currently arguing with my husband about this, because when the post came my 8 year old, who is desperate to go to disneyland paris, asked if there are any holidays nearby :D

He's sulking because he thinks it's only worth going if you stay in the disneyland hotels, but we can't afford to do that, so we are both sulking now.

Is chene gris really only 15 mins drive from the theme park? How much is parking? Do they have a bus to the park? Sorry to be a pain, but we can't afford to holiday the way my husband wants to, and my 8 year old really wants to go abroad.

we have never stayed at any of the Disney hotels , and don't feel " it's not been worth it "

we have stayed off site every time ( some hotels nearby and le chene gris and la Croix ) first time we went was Oct 2006 and stayed at la Croix and got the Disney bug !

yes les chene gris is 15 - 20 mins drive from Disney .
    Parking wise , park in the Disney village multi-storey carpark as it's cheaper and actually closer than the main parc carpark !

x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport