We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun holidays start 4.1.14

Options

Comments

• mrsrabbit_2
    Options
    Yes Le Chene Gris is really about 15 mins away, it just south of Disneyland, actual location is Pommeuse (Paris). Its a memeber of the Vacansoleil Group, check out their website for descriptions of accomodation as there are no Eurocamp etc mobile homes, but we found what they offered to be good. Its all well signposted for parking which we paid 15 euros for the day. There is also a railway station right outside entrance to campsite which takes you into Paris. Will let you into a secret, check out website fnca and follow links for Disneyland as it offers 1 day, dated (i.e you name the date), print your own tickets for very reasonable prices. It does a GB version but you end up on the French one but basic French should get you through to book.
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anyone booking a european park?
    Lake Garda for July hopefully.

It's our 10th wedding anniversary, and have been wanting to go back since we went for my cousins wedding a few years ago.

3 nights cheapy accom to sightsee etc then a night in an expensive hotel for the last night lol

x
  • mrsrabbit_2
    Options
    Anyone booking a european park?

Booked Ragunnes Plage, outhern Brittany last May half term 2013 and then Le Croix du V.P. Oct half term. Do some research on the campsites i.e. look them up on the Eurocamp website, check out their own websites and dare I say it check out reviews on Tripadvisor. As said previously factor in travelling costs, couldnt get ferry to Brittany so drove from Calais, NEVER again, took 7 hours!! as it was only me driving, hubby didnt come on that hols, just me, youngest child and my mum. But would def visit area and campsite again.
  • jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Rachie_B wrote: »
    we have never stayed at any of the Disney hotels , and don't feel " it's not been worth it "

we have stayed off site every time ( some hotels nearby and le chene gris and la Croix ) first time we went was Oct 2006 and stayed at la Croix and got the Disney bug !

yes les chene gris is 15 - 20 mins drive from Disney .
    Parking wise , park in the Disney village multi-storey carpark as it's cheaper and actually closer than the main parc carpark !

x

I told him he's just spoilt! Apparently his back problems are worse and he's not up to the drive. I can't drive, ho hum ... we might bite the bullet and get the eurostar and just stay in the hotels, but only if we get the current offer for an extra 2 nights and book this month - otherwise the prices are stupidly high. Still, this info will be useful for those who don't give in to their spoilt husband ... just kidding, I know that driving is really painful for him, and we go through this conversation every year! :rotfl:
    52% tight
  • Lilmiss_2
    Lilmiss_2 Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    i dont think its disneyland paris itself but there is a camping/eurocamp site about a 45 drive away which i have stayed at called paris international...
    DFW £10923 (nov2014)
  • Lilmiss_2
    Lilmiss_2 Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    Im looking at a site in normandy I think...we have done paris, loire, brittany etc...
    I quite fancy normandy and the price for a week is next to nothing and not alot of driving
    DFW £10923 (nov2014)
  • moneysavvy35
    Options
    Does anyone know if a 10month old baby would count as a fee paying person? I would like to try for butlins.
  • kathrynvaughan
    Options
    jellyhead wrote: »
    I am currently arguing with my husband about this, because when the post came my 8 year old, who is desperate to go to disneyland paris, asked if there are any holidays nearby :D

He's sulking because he thinks it's only worth going if you stay in the disneyland hotels, but we can't afford to do that, so we are both sulking now.

Is chene gris really only 15 mins drive from the theme park? How much is parking? Do they have a bus to the park? Sorry to be a pain, but we can't afford to holiday the way my husband wants to, and my 8 year old really wants to go abroad.

We stayed at Le Croix Du VP last April and did 2 separate day visits to Disneyland Paris. They do trips from the site its self if you don't want to drive, but we chose to drive as you can get there early (good idea!) and leave late and see the fantastic firework show they put on (another good idea!). I seem to think it was about an hours drive away (?), but I cant speak highly enough of the campsite. Its the only time I've ever visited France on a £9.50 deal, but it certainly wouldn't be the last!!!
    Any fool can pay full price!!
  • holidaysforme
    holidaysforme Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Rachie_B wrote: »
    Lake Garda for July hopefully.

It's our 10th wedding anniversary, and have been wanting to go back since we went for my cousins wedding a few years ago.

3 nights cheapy accom to sightsee etc then a night in an expensive hotel for the last night lol

x

Sounds fab:D
  • springdreams
    springdreams Posts: 3,623 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Car Insurance Carver! Home Insurance Hacker! Xmas Saver!
    edited 3 January 2014 at 9:57AM
    Options
    Louok wrote: »
    Has anyone been to butlins in may half term? Thinking of booking 30th may for 3 nights but not sure on availability !

Sun holidays are not the same as booking directly with a park. If you book directly with a park you can choose the park you want and the dates you want. However, this obviously costs.

With a Sun holiday, it works on a first come first served basis, and there is a limited number of spaces available for each park for each date.

The more popular parks, such as Butlins, get fully booked very quickly, especially for the high demand dates such as the school holidays.

Sometimes it works out cheaper to book direct with the park, which is what I did with Butlins, Minehead for the October 2013 school holiday.

When booking online if you do not have a priority booking reference you have to list at least 3 parks and 3 dates. The system will then only tell you which park and which dates you have been allocated AFTER you have paid for the holiday. This was the same with the postal booking system. With a priority booking reference you get to see what park and what dates you have been allocated BEFORE paying for the holiday.
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family