We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun holidays start 4.1.14

Options

Comments

• loopylass81
    Options
    Question if i havent got a priority code can I still book online?

thanks in advance
  • mrsrabbit_2
    Options
    Haven't received any e-mail from the sun even though I booked 3 (yes I know, greedy) holidays during 2013. Have e-mailed them so I hope to hear soon. Love this forum as it has helped me with booking due to the code crackers. Do you think this will be needed again?
  • springdreams
    springdreams Posts: 3,623 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Car Insurance Carver! Home Insurance Hacker! Xmas Saver!
    edited 31 December 2013 at 10:27PM
    Options
    UserX wrote: »
    I've not done one of these before so please excuse the stupid questions....

I assume I would have to buy The Sun? How many?

I would only be interested in a couple of the locations this year - how/when would I be able to find out prices for August? (BEFORE I buy the papers?)

If the Sun makes online booking available to people who have not booked with them before (people who have booked before are called priority bookers), which it did for the first time earlier this year, then you will not need to buy The Sun as other people are likely to post the codes that you will need to book on this forum.

If online booking is not available to first time bookers or those without a priority code, then you will need to collect the number of tokens stipulated in the newspaper that contains the first token.

August is usually not included in the Sun holiday token collect scheme.

On the rare occassions that it has been included, it has been added much later on in the year and tends to be the tail end of August.

The parks have no reason to participate in the Sun holiday token collect scheme over the summer holidays, as they are usually fully booked. The Sun holidays are generally used by the parks to boost numbers during their quieter periods. Therefore, even those school holiday dates that are included (usually February and October) are snapped up pretty quickly.

Likewise, the spaces for the European parks tend to go within hours of the Sun holiday site going live.

Most parks charge a mandatory service charge, which has to be paid in addition to the £9.50 per person. The £9.50 is payable for a minimum of 4 people, so the least you will pay is £38. The service charge ranges between £5 per unit per night to £9 per unit per night.

School holiday dates tend to be £15 per person, for a minimum of 4 people.

The optional charges are the linen charge and the entertainment passes. These vary from park to park. However, if you even plan to use only the swimming pool, you will need the entertainment passes.

The only costs that are known before booking, by looking at the details for the parks you are interested in on the Sun holiday website or in the information sheet that will be published in the Sun newspaper, are the upfront charge of £9.50 or £15 per person, the mandatory service charge and the cost of the entertainment passes. You will only find out if there are any power charges and what the linen charges are after you have made a booking, and the park itself sends you an invoice. At the time of booking, there will also be a booking fee of around £2.

HTH
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
  • UserX
    UserX Posts: 178 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks springdreams - I probably have to go in August this year so it sounds like this might not be a real option for us this year.
  • money
    money Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Is the disneyland park included this year?
  • holidaysforme
    holidaysforme Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    money wrote: »

All the three paris parks are usually included. We went to la croix du vieux pont in october '13, and le chene gris the hear before. Might try paris internationale this time!
  • Louok
    Louok Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    I got my email to say priority code was in post, has anyone actually received theirs yet?
  • Louok
    Louok Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    money wrote: »
    I would be interested to find out how much Disneyland Paris works out all in? If anyone has been before how much did you end up paying?
  • money
    money Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    I can't see disneyland paris on the sun website, can you put a link in so I can see
  • mrsrabbit_2
    Options
    there are two websites open for booking, Sunday Jan 12th 2014 for priority bookers and Monday Jan 13th 2014 for other on line bookings. Check out ukholidaysinthesun.co.uk. This also gives park details that are available. All the Paris ones are there. I also went to Le Croix du Vue Point Oct 2013 and it was brill. Previous year went to Le Chene Gris, which was ok. Other dates will be available for later in the year i.e. last week of August, in the April promotion and then again in the July promotion is when I booked Le Croix for the Oct. The Sept promotion only has Le Chene Gris. I havent done International yet. Also I'm sure that I read that the European holidays are now £19. Anyone else read the same?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure