365 days adrift .... land ahoy!

Options

Comments

• rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Let's hope they'll eat it

Archie is doubtful as he'll not eat fish pouches but hopefully Mia will (she will only eat fish pouches but usually has chicken dried)

Even more fingers crossed its not a glitch :eek: I order from them a lot & they are good so everything crossed!

Wonder how many orders they'll get in to tomorrow?
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • Dozey_crow
    Options
    Hi Rising,

I am a long time lurker and often read your diary...I am now subscribed! Maisey sounds great.,, we used to have a black lab and he was hilarious and very very food focused! We don't have a cat of or own but we have one that thinks she lives here. She lives a few doors away. With her owners permission we give her some cat biscuits and she often spends a day with us. She will easy anything flapjack, cake shortbread, pastry, crisps anything we drop she pounces on. She is well fed and well loved by her owners but she is a chancer! We do have a rabbit called monster who is very expensive because she has dental problems but she is really, really sweet and quite cheeky and my DH and I love her to bits.

Work for me tomorrow and NYE day then we have friends round in the evening.

I hope 2014 is a good year for you.
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Welcome to Dozey Crow :) thanks for popping out of lurkdom ..... anyone else fancy saying hello?:D

Your cat visitor sounds a right character :D little monkey!

Maisie is quite food orientated (she will eat pretty much anything :eek:) BUT nothing compared to what Ben was

I can leave a packet of biscuits lying around & Maisie wouldn't touch them - whereas with Ben, I would've come back to the shredded packet lying on the floor :rotfl:

She's really good actually - even if I drop something, she'll look at it, sniff it, look at me .... but won't take it unless I say she can :T
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    So plans for today .....

Archie has to go for his booster :eek: - he's currently out so hoping he comes back in time (he's only been going out for 1/2 an hour or so each morning but I bet today he'll not come back!)

Fingers crossed.

Deal of the day?

I managed to find a deal on Grou*on for the vets at PAH at the Fort who're offering 1/2 price boosters (and full vaccination sets) so have printed it off & am trusting my practice will match the price (he always says he'll match within a reasonable distance & has done PAH before)

It's £19 so ...... fingers crossed again!

Will let you know shortly!
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    He's back!:)

Now .... just to get the 24 legged octopus into his carrier!:eek:
  • RosiePuddingPaws
    Options
    Coming out of lurkdom to wish you luck with the octopus. I had one of those just before Christmas.

Will keep following you.

RPP
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Ahhhhh another lurker coming out the woodwork!;) Lovely to see you RosiePuddingPaws (great name!)

Vets trip

Managed to get octopus into his new carrier - had been worrying about the size but in actual fact there's plenty of room

I do have a Cabrio (top opening) one that I usually use for both of them & then had a dodgy spare (replaced on Amaz0n's Black Friday deals :money:) but decided it might be best for them to have one dedicated one each as I'm sure their smell must linger

Mia has to have the Cabrio as she travels much better in it (car sick :() and because of the top opening so ... afraid Archie's got the spare (which is actually fine - just now top opening)

He was ... reluctant ;) to come out at the vets - but we managed!

He passed with flying colours & vet says he's looking lovely & healthy & has the most amazing teeth she's seen for ages - not a single bit of plaque on them (she even asked if they'd been cleaned recently!) ... put that down to him being a prolific mouser!:eek:

They did the price match :D so, even with a worming pill added on it was £28.50 :money:

He's in a huff now though!
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    rising_from_the_ashes Posts: 12,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 30 December 2013 at 2:01PM
    Options
    Spoiled rotten cats

Have had my eye on a new bed for Mia for ages - BUT at FP of £25 there was no way she was getting it!

Checked out PAH site after Boxing Day & it was 1/2 price :money:

Also found one 1/2 price for Archie (I do wonder how they set the prices though as there is a white one that is FP at £18 and this was £28 FP - just for a different colour!)

37726.jpg

Maisie has one the same (jumbo sized!) - which she's NOT been using :( but Archie is constantly in so he's got his own too - and better bloomin' use it!!

Not managed to catch him in his yet BUT did spy Mia in hers when I got home (she likes ones she can hide in):

P1000552_zpsc53e91b3.jpg

Yay! She likes it!
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    rising_from_the_ashes Posts: 12,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 30 December 2013 at 2:03PM
    Options
    Ohhhh - Archie's weight ...... as some will know, things have been errr difficult with my 2 recently :(

We seem to have found a workable (if not ideal) solution and they're both a lot happier :)

The difference in Archie especially is incredible - he's always been nervy / jumpy but I hadn't realised quite how bad it'd got & how much of it was down to the situation with Mia :( until a couple of weeks after she went away .... and he was eating more & playing again :)

You can imagine how worried I was when I had to bring her home & the affect it would have on him :(

Fingers crossed as it's going OK - he's still staying in during the day after a brief wander 1st thing (he had been staying out longer & longer before) and is eating more & has def put on weight as his spine isn't quite as boney as it was

He's put on at least 0.5kg (and I'd guess probably closer to 1kg from when he was really bad:eek:)

He's a big cat & is now 5.1kg and vet says if he can put on another 0.5kg that will be him absolutely perfect (he was 6kg when he was younger)

Now .... if only I could get that 0.5kg off Mia & onto him!

See .... I did warn you I ramble about them a lot!:o
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    So .... yesterday's cat food bargain .....

Just checked their website and - it's back to full price - £16.45 :eek:

I wonder if it was a glitch? (although someone on the original link I'd given said they'd queried it and had been told it was OK and had received the stuff at £2.60)

Not had a dispatch notice yet ......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure