We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2014

Options

Comments

• Seldom_Seen_Kid
    Options
    Stayed at Aria and Orleans last week.
    Spent the weekend in San Diego, and got some great bargains at Saks Outlet. Therefore, can anyone tell me if Saks Outlet is at outlet mall south?
    We are staying in tower 3 in Signature (looking down on Elara pool from floor 34 - iirc someone is staying there now), so transport tip on the bus would be appreciated.
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    Spent the weekend in San Diego, and got some great bargains at Saks Outlet. Therefore, can anyone tell me if Saks Outlet is at outlet mall south?
    We are staying in tower 3 in Signature (looking down on Elara pool from floor 34 - iirc someone is staying there now), so transport tip on the bus would be appreciated.

there is - it's in the annex and is called Off 5th.

Looks like you could get the SDX from Excalibur.

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/directions.asp?id=61

http://www.rtcsnv.com/wp-content/uploads/routes/2013/SDX(07-07-13).pdf

There may be other ways with a change which pebbles or some of those more familiar can advise.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • Seldom_Seen_Kid
    Options
    Thank you ferf1223. I will look at the links in detail later.

Currently poolside, and it is looking like it is going to be another hot day.
  • Brats64
    Brats64 Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Got back at the weekend,after 13 night stay in Vegas.
    Thoroughly enjoyed this visit,and nice to see one or two of last years projects finished.Though,there is always a new one underway.
    Have learnt a lesson with myvegas rewards....don't get them all in buffets.
    We had Bellagio,Aria,MGM and Mirage buffets during the trip,and we got sick of them.Hadn't done Bellagio or Aria buffets before,and didn't think too much of Aria one to be honest.Although daughter had caught a sickness bug the day we went there,and actually threw up while there.
    The linq area has improved things,though we never went on the high roller.
    Saw Jersey Boys for the third time,and to me,it's still by far the best show I have ever seen in Vegas.Will probably book to see it again during Novembers trip.
    Unfortunately,my wife found a passion for Tatyana shops in Caesars,and Miracle Mile,used to be called Betty Paige.Think I done well to keep her down to just buying three of their dresses.
    13 nights was just about the right length of time for us.This was the longest we have stayed in Vegas,and will be the same length in November,so happy to wait until then for our next Vegas fix.
  • mintster
    mintster Posts: 265 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not sure if anyone else will be interested but while we were there we went to the Town Square shopping centre (before the south outlets) and Abercrombie had an extremely good sale - up to 60% off, in the case of Abercrombie kids some of the discounts were even greater. The other Abercrombie stores (in Miracle Mile and Caesars) only had 25% off. We only went there specifically for Abercrombie but really wished we had more time to spend.
  • ferf1223
    Options
    Brats64 wrote: »
    Hadn't done Bellagio or Aria buffets before,and didn't think too much of Aria one to be honest.

I'm really sorry to hear that...we really rate the Aria buffet, had dinner 2 trips ago and lunch last trip and will likely juggle things so we can get another for October on MyVegas...love the dim sum and hubby is a fan of the slabs of meat...it's all personal preference though - we didn't love Bellagio lunch buffet, it was just OK to us and not one we would rush back to. Too many buffets is always a risk for us too...I know some are quite happy with buffets most meals but to me they do get a bit samey...and so many sit down restaurants we like that we try to manage the buffets. :)

One of these days I will see Jersey Boys...we stayed at Paris once and by the end of it I was so tired of hearing the adverts in the lift. :)
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • ferf1223
    Options
    in the realm of things I can recommend that people might not come across I would put forth these

30766749115.jpg

they used to have something similar a few years ago (but Rolaids) and they were recalled due to some issue in the processing plant (sawdust found in some batches). I was very sad as they were awesome...I looked back and they were recalled in 2010 and I have been sad ever since.

I always check when we're in WalMart and lo and behold last trip I had cause to do a little happy dance right there in the aisle.

I figure we always recommend food (plus all the recent talk of buffets)...this is just a natural progression. :)
  • Brats64
    Brats64 Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    mintster wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone else will be interested but while we were there we went to the Town Square shopping centre (before the south outlets) and Abercrombie had an extremely good sale - up to 60% off, in the case of Abercrombie kids some of the discounts were even greater. The other Abercrombie stores (in Miracle Mile and Caesars) only had 25% off. We only went there specifically for Abercrombie but really wished we had more time to spend.

We bought loads in the town square abercrombie while there,got the 60% off many goods!and there was 40% off all newer goods.
    But I think that was only for Memorial Day " weekend"....we had been there twice in the earlier part of our trip,and the discounts weren't that high.But on our last visit last Thursday,the reductions were up to 60%....but as I say!I think that was a memorial weekend thing.
  • gizmat
    gizmat Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    hi, is somebody able to tell me if the terraces at the cosmopolitan are sun facing,i was looking at the studio terrace rooms. thanks in advance
  • dcockerton
    dcockerton Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All,
    We are off to Las Vegas in August and was going to exchange some points for the myVegas buy one get one free on the monorail but I see that it counts as one of my 4 rewards. Does anyone know if there are any coupons or deals to buy one get one free?
    Thanks, great site and great help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport