Debt free by 40 -- 19 Months and counting

Options

Comments

• debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Great news on the treatments! You'll be in profit in no time :T x
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2- £244.12/300 (EF total £1744.12)~ NSD 0/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £133.59 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Finally got to open my parcel and I second what everyone else says!! The quality of your work is just brilliant! I LOVE the cushion!

And I am so pleased you are getting paid a decent amount for the treatments :)

Go Steph! Go Steph!

XXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • StressedSteph
    StressedSteph Posts: 2,834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for all your encouraging words guys.

Been super nerve wracking this week but I think it will not only help the money situation but also my self esteem and state of mind :o. Its so nice to have the potential to bring in REAL money instead of dribs and drabs like I have only managed in past years.
    Hubby may finally take me seriously!.

Barclays are currently being a nightmare. They insisted that I sent a income & Expenditure form to them as they would not accept my £130 pm payments anymore. I sent it in on the 21st July and of course now they are claiming they haven't received it :mad:. So got to fill it all in again and re-send it. Should have sent it recorded delivery last time but I didn't. Will do that this time so they can't wriggle out of having received it.
    Nothing like having to do stuff twice.

Oh abit of good news though. I friend who owns a dairy farm had a hot air balloon land in one of their fields last night. they have been given a free flight for the inconvenience and she has given it to me :j. One of my "Must do before 40" things was have a ride in a Hot Air Balloon, I can't quite believe its actually going to happen. I didn't think I would manage it as they are usually over £100 and we will be VERY lucky if we are debt free before my 40'th. Amazing :D
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Wow that sounds amazing Steph! Very jealous over here as I would love to go in a hot air balloon :)

:mad: to Barclays, they just seem to be useless.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1437.01/£1500 (95.8% saved).
  • eco_farmer
    eco_farmer Posts: 117 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thanks for all your encouraging words guys.

Been super nerve wracking this week but I think it will not only help the money situation but also my self esteem and state of mind :o. Its so nice to have the potential to bring in REAL money instead of dribs and drabs like I have only managed in past years.
    Hubby may finally take me seriously!.

Barclays are currently being a nightmare. They insisted that I sent a income & Expenditure form to them as they would not accept my £130 pm payments anymore. I sent it in on the 21st July and of course now they are claiming they haven't received it :mad:. So got to fill it all in again and re-send it. Should have sent it recorded delivery last time but I didn't. Will do that this time so they can't wriggle out of having received it.
    Nothing like having to do stuff twice.

Oh abit of good news though. I friend who owns a dairy farm had a hot air balloon land in one of their fields last night. they have been given a free flight for the inconvenience and she has given it to me :j. One of my "Must do before 40" things was have a ride in a Hot Air Balloon, I can't quite believe its actually going to happen. I didn't think I would manage it as they are usually over £100 and we will be VERY lucky if we are debt free before my 40'th. Amazing :D

Gutted, we have just had a balloon land in one of our fields and all we got was a bottle of white wine!
    eco
    p.s well done !
    debt free 1st October 2016
  • lhead123
    lhead123 Posts: 306 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Glad it's all going well steph. I'm so jealous of the balloon ride :) that's definitely on my bucket list :)
    Lxx
    Debt FREE thanks to YNAB
  • StressedSteph
    Options
    Morning MSE,

Had a nice day yesterday at a friends 50th birthday tea party, I was very frugal and stayed home for the evening do and let hubby go instead. Saved us £25 for a babysitter and my drinks for the evening. I am also fresh as a daisy this morning which is decidedly better than hubby :D.

Got a treatment at 10am this morning, may have a quiet few weeks as they are away on holiday for two weeks from Wednesday and the Spa is closed. Mixed blessings really. I really need the money but it will also get my two further weeks of the school holidays gone, which are my tricky time to work with the children home. It will be so much easier once they are back in school.

I'm abit nervous about my camping trip this Wednesday looking at the weather outside today :eek:. Don't think my tent could cope with all that wind and rain :(. Fingers crossed it has blown away by Wednesday.

I am trying to do the camping trip as economically as possible.
    I have had to buy another airbed which was £8 and a Solar light which was £12.99.

Otherwise all I have to buy is some sliced bread, tinned foods and some cheap BBQ food. I might get a few cheapy kids snacks too, to try to keep them away from the food stalls.
    Otherwise I will try to find £50 to take with me in cash, in the hopes that I don't actually need much of it.

Not been able to pay any debts yet this month, I must try to pay them earlier in each month as I keep getting the £12 late payment charges which is incredibly annoying.

I must remember to send that income/expenditure form to Barclays again this coming week.

Hope you are all tucked up warm in your homes away from this storm.

xxx
  • StressedSteph
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    That is great news:j How much would you have to earn before needing to pay Income Tax & NI?, only ever been a wage slave so don't know how the SE/State Pension Contribution thing works.

Hi MM,

I forgot to reply to your post - Sorry xx

I have started a new YNAB budget for my Massage business.

I need to find out how much I can mileage expenses I can put against my expenses, but I will add that to my self-employment tax return next April.

I am usually under the tax bracket, but this might tip me over, so will have to keep an eye on it.

xxxxx
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I can't remember where you said you were camping, but generally the wind speeds do not look bad for Wednesday/Thursday, looks like a lot of light rain showers forecast for here and Dorset though, fingers crossed for you. We had considered taking the motor home down to Powderham Castle end of next week, but after being towed onto site, off site and paddling around in mud for a week while we ran the camp (had to have tractor on hand each day to get people in and out), there is NO WAY that I am going if the ground is wet. Such a shame because it is so lovely there.

I hope that the treatment goes well today, as you say, it will be so much easier for you when the children are back at school.

Keep plugging away, you are in the hard slog phase now I guess, but just keep looking the the squares you have coloured in and the % paid off.:T

MM xx
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • StressedSteph
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Well for some reason I decided to log onto my Noddle Credit Report today, I'm glad I did, I had a snoop about and discovered a CCJ :eek:.

It was date back in September 2013 for £520, with no information. I have never been great with money, but I have always been proud that I have managed to dodge any CCJ's.

I finally got through to the correct County Court in Northampton who advised me it was with WessexWater at our old address which we moved from nearly four years ago.

This is really weird because I received a refund of £162 out of the blue from them just this last February, as a settlement of that closed account, so how would I have a CCJ with them :mad:.

Anyway I just got off the phone to them, the woman couldn't really explain it, so she has sent it through to their claims department to have the CCJ removed as my account is settled and closed.

Very weird and annoying, but I guess this explains how I couldn't get a consolidation loan this January as my Noddle file says I have a 1/5 credit rating :o. Other than the CCJ my account doesn't look too bad.

I guess I should be glad that at least it isn't a forgotten about bill that I have to now find the money for...Phew. Just got to keep an eye on it to make sure it gets taken off my file. I expect this will take a long time.

Well other than that little hiccup today all is fine. Got abit of a sticky week or so as hubby is waiting to get paid again, but hopefully that will sort itself out soon.

Speak soon xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport