Options

Comments

• StressedSteph
    StressedSteph Posts: 2,834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Puzzcat wrote: »
    Hi Steph,

Just wanted to let you know I received the family tree today and it is beautiful, Thank you so much.

Puzz. x
    dawnybabes wrote: »
    They are brilliant - love love love mine :-)

Thank you so much Puzzcat & Dawn. So glad you like them xxx
  • StressedSteph
    Options
    Morning MSE's

Sorry not posted much over the weekend. Was a super busy one and just never found the time to sit down at the computer.

I spent all day Saturday making two Applique cushions. They made me £40 (before expenses :o, but they were bought a while ago so just feels like profit now). No way to run a business I know but its too depressing after expenses.

I just have one more cushion to make and then that's me up to date with my orders, and apart from the odd order that might trickle through, I won't be pushing the sales of craft items and will instead hope to make some money through the treatments and have abit more time to myself to get jobs around the house done, which have been abandoned recently due to the amount of time the craft making has taken up.

Super nervous again this morning as have my first two official Indian Head Massage treatments at the Spa to do :o. 1030 onwards.

Still got a few niggling worries about it, I do struggle to get my treatments to last a full 45 minutes, so I need to super slow down and do double the amount of massage passes to fill the time. Can't risk short changing a Spa customer.

I have been practicing at home and at a friends but there are always interruptions and talking etc and it has been hard to be sure on my length of time.

Also need to be sure on my Customer service and routine at the client arrives and at the end of the treatment.

I am sure after today I will feel more confident about it.

I also have a Reflexology booking for Tuesday morning.

After these treatments and a cushion that I have made for my friend that she has had on order, I should have paid off just over half what I owe her.

Should take another week or two before I can be ACTUALLY making some money :T.

Can't quite believe I am doing this now, I am super grateful to my friend who has given me work at her Spa because I haven't had a lot of bookings otherwise.

I do need to maybe do a leaflet drop and get an advert in our Village magazine. I haven't really done any advertising for it apart from a FB page.

Oh well.....My friend should be here in a minute to look after the children while I am doing the treatments.

Phew I am a little fed up of being nervous lately, I have been inside my little bubble of no stress for so long, it is quite painful to push myself out of my comfort zone. But it has the potential to bring in around £200-£400 extra at least per month, so HAVE to do it.

Speak to you all later, hope you all had a lovely weekend x
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    How exciting Steph, im sure once youre on with the treatment you will feel more relaxed. Let us know how you get on xx
    Mummytogirls x

• misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good luck with your treatments this morning Steph :)
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1437.01/£1500 (95.8% saved).
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope it's going well.
    xx
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • StressedSteph
    Options
    Hi all

Think it all went well this morning. I had to treat a mother & daughter. I treated the mother first and worried abit as didn't get much response when I finished :o, but I then treated the daughter and she responded really well and said it was amazing.

Fingers crossed they both liked it as my friends husband who runs the spa, said he would report back later when he hears how they liked the treatment :eek:.
    I DO hope they give me a good feedback, if they don't this venture could be dead in the water!.

I feel quite exhausted now, its hard working for a living. hehe

Got to refresh my Reflexology on hubby tonight as got a treatment for that tomorrow morning.

xxxx
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    So pleased your first "real" customers liked their treatments! I also hope the bookings are regular...just think only a couple of weeks and you will be taking home all that extra money (after friend is paid off! :) )

I'm waiting on my family tree, can't wait to see what it looks like :D xx
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2- £244.12/300 (EF total £1744.12)~ NSD 0/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £133.59 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Glad you've done your first ones, you never have to do the first ones again :-)
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • FinanciallyUnsavvy
    Options
    Hi Steph

Just stopping in to say hi. You sound like you're doing well! I'm SO happy you've got going with the massage/reflexology treatments! That really is excellent news - hopefully you'll continue to get a steady workflow. It'll make so much difference for you!

Take care of yourself - hope you're having a good summer break with the kids!

xx
  • StressedSteph
    Options
    Morning all,

Did my first Reflexology treatment this morning and I think it went pretty well, the lady chatted all the way through it which kind of dispels any relaxation effects, but I guess its up to the client what they want to get out of the treatment and she obviously wanted a good chat. ;)

Spoke to the boss and he doesn't hear anything until they give a review when they get home. At least they didn't storm up to his office and complain :rotfl:

Had an amazing turn of events after the treatment. The boss's wife told me that they had a £105 cheque for me??. I must have looked at her abit puzzled because I was only expecting a £75 cheque.

Then she told me they were paying me £35 per treatment!!!:eek:

I know!! I nearly fell over in shock..

Soooooooo amazing. I'm quite glad I didn't know this before my first treatments because I would have been even more nervous.

I sooo hope that I will get lots of work from them. I plan to be super efficient and accommodating so that they preference me over the other therapists.

So I only owe my friend £45.50 now so I have asked her for her bank account details as I can probably pay that out of our home account.

Such good news as I will get into a positive figure loads quicker now. xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport