Debt free by 40 -- 19 Months and counting

Options

Comments

• Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Excellent news Steph. It's all going well for you. Long may it comtinue.
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    That's fantastic news Steph, so pleased for you x
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1437.01/£1500 (95.8% saved).
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What great news:j I guess some clients may need to chat and the therapist is a captive audience LOL, As long as she goes home feeling better for the experience and gives a good report to the owner all is good. You may need to make sure that you don't take on board all the troubles of your clients though, if they confide their woes to you.
    MM
    xx
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wow, brilliant, that's a nice surprise x
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Great news! Hope you get many more bookings :)

P.S my Family Tree was waiting for me at the post office! Picked it up yesterday and it's lovely, you're seriously under-selling yourself missus, if you upped the price you'd be making more profit making it more worthwhile keeping the craft business up and running as a side income! I'd have happily paid £25 and i'm a proper tight wad usually :p I know quality when I see it though and happy to pay for it! xxx
    MAY 2024 GOALS MFW #17 EF Goal 2- £244.12/300 (EF total £1744.12)~ NSD 0/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET £133.59 / £500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £
  • StressedSteph
    StressedSteph Posts: 2,834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Great news! Hope you get many more bookings :)

P.S my Family Tree was waiting for me at the post office! Picked it up yesterday and it's lovely, you're seriously under-selling yourself missus, if you upped the price you'd be making more profit making it more worthwhile keeping the craft business up and running as a side income! I'd have happily paid £25 and i'm a proper tight wad usually :p I know quality when I see it though and happy to pay for it! xxx

Thank you so much DFW. So glad you like it.

You are probably right about the pricing but its so hard to get sales and I always feel that unless I priced it really competitively then I wouldn't get any orders at all.

With the way the treatments are going, there is no way that the craft business can compete, so it may well soon be wound down.

I just have to wait to see how many treatments on average I get each week.

Glad you liked it though xx
  • StressedSteph
    StressedSteph Posts: 2,834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,

Got another treatment to do at 12pm today and 12pm tomorrow:T. With possibly two more on Sunday :D.

That will be 7 treatments in one week!!!£245 :eek:.

I can't imagine that will be a regular 7 per week, if it was I would be out of debt super fast.

I worked out my monthly wage if I got an average of 4 treatments per week. That would give me an extra £560 to pay towards debt!.

OMG I am so excited. I guess it will have ups and downs as the summer is probably their busy period. I am trying to not get too excited but its hard not to.

Can't believe I have potentially finally found a worthwhile job that will bring in more than pennies and I also can work it around the children.

Time will tell if I get enough work to REALLY make a difference, but even 2 treatments per week will help.

:)
  • wantabetterlife
    Options
    You are on a roll Mrs..so great to hear! Came home from holidays to my family tree...absolutely love it! I was going to put up a picture on facebook and tag you in it for some publicity but was thinking that maybe you want to concentrate on the treatments?
    Credit card £4461.15Home mortgage £137117Buy to let mortgage £83,000
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That is great news:j How much would you have to earn before needing to pay Income Tax & NI?, only ever been a wage slave so don't know how the SE/State Pension Contribution thing works.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,567 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wow, so you will have paid your friend off and be In profit - brilliant xxx
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing