Debt free by 40 -- 19 Months and counting

Options

Comments

• StressedSteph
    StressedSteph Posts: 2,834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,

I have my Try Out appointment booked for 10am at the Spa tomorrow :eek:. Already starting to feel nervous, but I am trying to grow up and convince myself that it is only going to be constructive criticism if I get any, so I should calm down.

I am a little nervous about how much work I may get out on my own, separate to the Spa. I put a 50% discount offer for three weeks out, I did get three comments saying "oooh yes" but not a single firm booking :(.

Think I am going to have to work out different forms of cheap advertising to get my name out there. I know I can't expect an overnight success and these sorts of things take a while to grow, but I'm so impatient.

Think that's why I am abit nervous about the Spa Try Out because without that, I will be struggling to make ANY money for quite a while.

Not sure if I said, but my friend who owns the Spa with her husband, also told me that if it all works out, she will teach me to do Mineral scrubs and seaweed wraps and will pay me to do those, for when she is too busy to do them. So lots of future potential :D

Have been busy sewing this weekend and have nearly finished four Family trees.

Have got other orders I need to crack on with as well, so the sewing will keep me busy for a while.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekendxx
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,568 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So once you've done this trail one are yiu let loose on the paying public ?

Even if you inky get 1 or 2 a week it's still more money in the pot and I expect with a lot of these things it's a snowball effect, once someone has had a treatment and liked it they tell their friends :-)

Yah to learning the other stuff too, every little helps ...
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • StressedSteph
    Options
    Just made my last three debt payments for the month.

Barclays £130
    Virgin cc £200
    Tesco cc £100

I have decided to do my "End of Month" update now, as it is HIGHLY unlikely that I will get anymore money in the next four days.

Argos £395
    Barclays £850
    Next (£1972) - £789
    Co-op cc (£1852) - £1337
    Littlewoods (£2479) - £1279
    OD (£3264) - £2544
    Tesco CC (£5336) - £4465
    Virgin CC (£4371)-£3383

Nov 2013 £20519 - £13797
    Jul Goal - under 14k
    Jul £784/1k
    Pay10k in 2014 - 67% paid

NEXT is taking FOREVER to pay off, but I think its because my minimum payments to other debts is having to be so high to keep them happy.

I have paid £784 against debts this month. Fallen short of my 1k per month target, but hopefully that will pick up once I get earning some more.

I'm under 14k debt now, desperately want to get below 10k before the end of the year. If I pay at least £800 per month then I should be make it.

Killing the debt will feel so much more achievable once it is under 10k. So excited.
  • StressedSteph
    Options
    dawnybabes wrote: »
    So once you've done this trail one are yiu let loose on the paying public ?

Even if you inky get 1 or 2 a week it's still more money in the pot and I expect with a lot of these things it's a snowball effect, once someone has had a treatment and liked it they tell their friends :-)

Yah to learning the other stuff too, every little helps ...

hi Dawn

Yes if the owner is happy with the quality of my treatment then they will start booking me to treat their clients. Apparently somewhere in the region of 2-5 per week (£20 per session).

So I have the potential to earn in the region of £40 - £100 per week :T. And that's before she trains me in anything else.

I have to do 14 treatments to break even with my costs :(, but that was unavoidable.

Lets hope it works out _pale_
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,568 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So in few weeks time you are in profit :-) what a difference the £40 to £100 a week could make, even better if they are in school hours.

You're doing great and making a huge difference.
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • StressedSteph
    edited 28 July 2014 at 8:16AM
    Options
    baglady1 wrote: »
    Hi Steph, me again - forgot to ask how's the little lamb doing?
    Like the comment by Buffy "taking the scenic route with debts" You still get to the same destination.

Sorry Baglady, I think I missed you post.

Little lamb is doing fine, he is still super skinny, but he is at least grazing now, which he wasn't doing before.

Hopefully he will start to fill out in the next month and I will wean him off the milk again.

I'm far too soft xxx
  • StressedSteph
    Options
    dawnybabes wrote: »
    So in few weeks time you are in profit :-) what a difference the £40 to £100 a week could make, even better if they are in school hours.

You're doing great and making a huge difference.

Hi

Ys its going to be tricky during the school holidays, but my friend said she could schedule some after 5pm ones for me to help out until they go back to school :T

Wish me luck this morning :D
  • baglady1
    baglady1 Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    As you hadn't mentioned him I thought the lamb had not pulled through, so good news. Although in the future something will be happening to him - it's called "chops" :(. Good luck with the treatments! & well done with 67%!!
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck for this morning, I'm sure you'll be fab.xx
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope that it is going well.
    MM
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure