Debt free by 40 -- 19 Months and counting

Options

Comments

• Ciaerda
    Ciaerda Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    Boys really enjoyed the treasure hunting we had 2 just up the road from where we lived took us a while to find them 3 attempts had to get hubby involved in the end but the boys found them in the end
    Ciaerda:T
  • baglady1
    baglady1 Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Stef, well done on listing those 2 items. It must have been hard especially if you are fond of them. The little bronze hare sounds lovely.<insert wistful icon here>. As the teddy isn't your childhood one it would be easier to let go I think. Sell the teddy, keep the hare! Seriously though the extra money will see you further on your way. Cheers Bl1
  • First_Trouble
    Options
    Steph, don't get disheartened you are doing so well £700-£800 a month is very good going.

I am starting to get very annoyed with Very as they are dragging their heels with closing my account. Just want this gone
    That voice in your head that says you can’t do this is a LIAR!

Debt Free - January 2021 :D
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Steph,

We have all told you before, you are doing brilliantly.

this is the boring bit where you just keep plugging away. You are doing well.

Enjoy your successes XXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • supersaver1000
    supersaver1000 Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Steph,

Enjoy your successes XXX

Second that. Am I right that in about a year you'll be debt free?
    OSWL (start 13st) by 30Jun20 6/10
    £1/day Xmas'20-62 £214/£366 saved
    Grocery Challenge Jun £742/£320 spent
    Homeowner wannabe by July 2020 - WooHoo!!
    Starter Emergency Fund £1000/£1000 saved
  • StressedSteph
    StressedSteph Posts: 2,834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ciaerda wrote: »
    Boys really enjoyed the treasure hunting we had 2 just up the road from where we lived took us a while to find them 3 attempts had to get hubby involved in the end but the boys found them in the end

Haha so glad you gave it a try. Stinking nettles can be a problem this time of year, I always think I should remember to take a stick to weed whack :).

Its certainly a cheap way to entertain the kids at a moments notice. xx
    baglady1 wrote: »
    Hi Stef, well done on listing those 2 items. It must have been hard especially if you are fond of them. The little bronze hare sounds lovely.<insert wistful icon here>. As the teddy isn't your childhood one it would be easier to let go I think. Sell the teddy, keep the hare! Seriously though the extra money will see you further on your way. Cheers Bl1

Hi Baglady,

Well both are currently listed. The Hare has three watchers the bear nothing.

I wont be sad if they don't sell but felt I had to up my game abit.

The bear was bought when my son was born with the idea he would be worth thousands by the time he hands it to his grand children. I am trying to think like Dave Ramsey though, where he claims if you sell it all now, you can always buy it again in the future when you are debt free.

Live like no one else so later you can LIVE like no one else.

xxx
    Steph, don't get disheartened you are doing so well £700-£800 a month is very good going.

I am starting to get very annoyed with Very as they are dragging their heels with closing my account. Just want this gone

Thanks First Trouble,

Its great when you have paid off a debt, and I am with you where you just want it closed and gone.

I closed down the Barclays account, but I am wondering if they actually really have now as they keep sending Balance Transfer offers with our account number on it :mad:.

Might have to look into that one.
  • StressedSteph
    Options
    Steph,

Enjoy your successes XXX

Thank you Buffy,

Like you said, I think I am just in the middle of the long boring hard slog, the excitement over lots of Ebaying etc has passed and I don't have a lot to sell. We also went through a few months in Spring where we just seemed to get extra bits of money coming our way, through that PPI and hubbys work, that all seems to have dried up now, so it certainly does slow you down.

I will keep going, no way I am losing the battle now :)

Second that. Am I right that in about a year you'll be debt free?

Thanks Supersaver,

I would like to be debt free by next July, but I can only get there if I can make these £1,000 per month debt payments +.
    At the moment with my £700-£800 repayments it is looking more like October next year.

In a way as long as it IS next year sometime then I am fine, but obviously the sooner the better.

xxx
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Thank you Buffy,

Like you said, I think I am just in the middle of the long boring hard slog, the excitement over lots of Ebaying etc has passed and I don't have a lot to sell. We also went through a few months in Spring where we just seemed to get extra bits of money coming our way, through that PPI and hubbys work, that all seems to have dried up now, so it certainly does slow you down.

I will keep going, no way I am losing the battle now :)

I remember the first time (!) when I was in a lot of debt (25000 ish- never did add it up) and it was month after month of trying to pay off a 10000 pounds and I always made it somewhere between 600 and 800 and it just drove me nuts at some points. But like you I got the odd bit of surprise money which helped and gets you back on track but those months were nothing sells on E bay (not that I managed a lot) or nothing came through on cash back. Once I got a second job it helped massively. I do get though there are moments when it like COME ON am done with this now!!!!

And I am certainly taking the scenic route this time, with my comparatively tiddly debt.

You certainly will not lose the battle you are entirely determined!

XXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • StressedSteph
    Options
    dawnybabes wrote: »
    I'm on the mend, no I live in a big village on a huge hill so whichever way you want to get out of the village you have it to,face. We always laugh and say if it ever flooded again we'd be safe. Very rural, 15 yes from my door are woods. it's lovely to live here but very boring when yiu can't get out :-(. We do have a garden centre and an ice cream parlour but too far for me to walk.

We must have crossed posted Dawn and I totally missed your post sorry hun. xx

Crickey Dawn, the last thing you need to be doing is climbing steep hills at the moment, so not much use.

I had half hoped you lived in a town so you could get out abit easier. Although I would rather live in the country any day.

I'm sure you have a lovely bunch of friends that rally round, lets hope your recovery goes from strength to strength so you can get out soon.

Big HUgs xxx
  • baglady1
    baglady1 Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Steph, me again - forgot to ask how's the little lamb doing?
    Like the comment by Buffy "taking the scenic route with debts" You still get to the same destination.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure