Debt free by 40 -- 19 Months and counting

Options

Comments

• clearmydebts
    clearmydebts Posts: 6,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Great to hear that the course went so well!

While I can agree with your husband in part, because you have started things in the past, I do think his expectations of you are too high. But on the positive side, maybe this is because you excel so well at what you do, and get on with things, that he thinks you are unstoppable!
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    A quick hello and wave from North Wales. More sunny days than wet ones, some amazing castles to come back and explore later in the year and great scenery and camp sites.

Great that the course went well. Agree that you should charge a token amount for sessions with friends. Sorry for tough time with OH, I expect that he was worried about the work situation, but doesn't help taking it out on you.
    Hang on in there, every day that passes is a day nearer being debt free. Some are born financially savvy, but most of us have to make a few mistakes on the way, but you are getting there and hopefully will be teaching your children which path is the best one to take through life.
    Take care.
    MM
    xx
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Chrysalis1976
    Options
    Waves to maddie from the North Wales coast :hello:

Glad your course went well, I'm sure that your confidence will build as you get more practice and will make a success of it. I hope you can manage your other commitments you need to put yourself first and unfortunately if it means reducing the pta involvement then don't feel bad about it.

Hope your dh work picks up soon so you can keep on track.

C x
    Loan from Mum £500/£300
    DH computer £270.06/PAID :T
    Kids computer £854.33/46.18 :eek:
    Bike £276.15/118.35
    Overdraft £1192/0 :eek:
    Car £5374.04/316.12 :eek:
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Waves to maddie from the North Wales coast :hello:

Glad your course went well, I'm sure that your confidence will build as you get more practice and will make a success of it. I hope you can manage your other commitments you need to put yourself first and unfortunately if it means reducing the pta involvement then don't feel bad about it.

Hope your dh work picks up soon so you can keep on track.

C x

Waves back again, visited Caernarfon and Llanberris today, off to Anglesey for 2 nights tomorrow, so beautiful.:)
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • StressedSteph
    StressedSteph Posts: 2,834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,

Thanks for all the kind words of encouragement.

I woke up this morning to a very annoying email from Paypal.
    I mentioned a while ago that someone had started a chargeback through their bank and Paypal about a Skylander toy I posted to them back in April. All it said was a charge made in error!.

I know that person won a Skylander toy I was selling, I posted it to them and have proof of postage.

Hubby said I shouldn't worry about £3.65 but it was the principle, so I photographed the postage receipt and added to the open claim that was on Paypal.

Well this morning the email from Paypal said that because I didn't send proof of postage they have paid the purchaser back their £3.65 and have temporarily charged my account £14 :eek:, until the bank decides if it was my fault or not.

To say I am annoyed is an understatement.
    I am not waiting until 8am where I will ring Paypal and try to get some sense out of why they claim I didn't send proof of postage when I did. Grrrrrrr. It really puts you off using Paypal when they can claim back the money 3 months later and also get you charged £14 in the process.

Will let you know how I get on later.

Got some more crafts to get going on today. I finished four family trees last week but so far have only been paid for one :(.
    I am wondering now, I maybe I ought to ask for payment before I make them or maybe just 50%.

I try to be the least hassle possible to my customers, but I do worry that some might not pay.

Oh well, fingers crossed

Speak laters, have a great day xx
  • mizmir
    mizmir Posts: 3,710 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Definitely ask for payment upfront for bespoke items that you make. That is completely normal practice - I would expect to pay for a commission before you start making it.

Bad news about Paypal. It is great when it works but can be awful if things go wrong.
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,580 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Paypal are little !!!!!!s. !

I'd definatly ask money up front, these are personalised items which yiu can't resell or reuse so if they decide they don't want them they are unsaleable.
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • Chrysalis1976
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    Waves back again, visited Caernarfon and Llanberris today, off to Anglesey for 2 nights tomorrow, so beautiful.:)

Ooh lovely, I'm taking the kids to Caernarfon over the holiday to the castle and to the airport for the museum. We usually go to the lake at Llanberis for swimming and kayaking, love it there!

Sorry to hear about the problems with Paypal Steph, I hope this gets resolved properly and I agree about taking payment up front for your craft items it reduces the chance of someone changing their mind and you being out of pocket. There's not much around that you wouldn't pay for up front.

C x
    Loan from Mum £500/£300
    Bike £276.15/118.35
  • StressedSteph
    StressedSteph Posts: 2,834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,

Had a stroke of luck this morning and had a reply from my email that I sent to the Ebay/Payapl dispute person.

Apparently they have moved to America, and didn't think to inform Paypal, so after using Ebay or something in the US it put a fraud investigation on their account and all her purchases from most of this year are being investigated. :eek:

Apparently, she has sorted it out with Paypal and should all get righted soon. My account is still £17.65 overdrawn but hopefully it will clear up back to zero soon. Phew!!!.

Been such a busy week so far, I haven't had a chance to practice my Head massage training. Ds has his school play again tonight and hubby is out so no chance again tonight.

Must get practicing though as the Spa owner wants me to go do a treatment on her husband end of next week with the mind to get going straight away.

I have been trying to set up a FB page for it and I am tempted to offer a discounted rate to the people in our village for maybe a two week period just to get my practices in.

I am just waiting for a smart top I have ordered to arrive and a small stool. Then I will be ready to go.
    Typical it is falling now on the kids holidays, so I won't have so much spare time to do treatments without having to try to find sitters. Will have to beg and borrow help from friends I think.

Hubby has had a couple of extra jobs come in which are both a few weeks each so the immediate panic of not much work has gone away thankfully.

Can't help to look towards Christmas to see that we currently almost have enough saved to pay for the childrens birthdays and Christmas. This will be a first for us EVER.

It will be so nice to be able to shop around for the best prices rather than HAVING to suck up the crazy catalogue costs and the children having to have something that is in the catalogue only.

Then its the downward slide January onwards where we will hopefully be below 10k of debt. I am so excited about that. Will feel brilliant.

Got to keep going :)
  • Chrysalis1976
    Options
    Ooh sneaky, just seen your balance for Nxxt! Well done and hope you get plenty of people to practice the massage on.

C x
    Loan from Mum £500/£300
    Bike £276.15/118.35
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing