IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Controlaccount plc ignore??

Options
Hi

new to this so my apologies!!!

I have had several letters from controlaccount plc about parking in Sainsburys. However it is a pool car and we don't know who parked there and there isn't any cameras. It was originally issued by Euro car parks.

The incident was on the 18th July 2013.

We ignored this and nothing happened (no other letters at all) until 13th November we received the first letter from Controlaccount plc saying we owed £105 and we have 14 days to pay.

So far we have ignored these as that seems to be the general jist of what people are advising.

Today (dated 27th November 2013) we received a letter "Act now- this won't go away" with a view to commencing litigation, leading to a county court judgement (in bold type)

Then saying if we are successful in obtaining a county court judgement I will need to pay:

the full original parking charge
all the additional legal costs, plus
interest at the statutory rate of 8%

If I still don't make a payment after that the county court judgement (in bold type) allows them (CA PLC) to either,

take assets or goods you own to cover the value of the debt or
make you appear in court to judge your ability to pay

I can stop this action in 14 days if I pay now.

If judged I will then have a poor credit rating.

Do I continue to ignore????????

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 2 December 2013 at 6:31PM
    Options
    depends on the region of the uk you are in, you didnt mention it at all , the laws differ !!

suggest you read the sticky threads now at the top of the forum , below the NEW THREAD blue button you have now found (especially the NEWBIES thread and anything on DR (debt recovery)

as for ignore, its not been IGNORE in england and wales for over 12 months , details in the red notice at the top of this forum

also, please use the edit button to remove your text in your first post in that other thread, so his thread stays on topic
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Controlaccount PLC seem to think they can issue a claim however they have never explained how they can do it, as they do not have an in house solicitor nor do the own any alleged debt.

Seeing you have ignored this far, probably easier to carry on ignoring or you could attempt a reset by naming a driver.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't believe that they can institute any legal proceedings as they are neither the landowner nor the Parking Company.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If judged I will then have a poor credit rating.

That's not true at all:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=24362

Search the parking forum for the keywords 'Control Account', using the 'search this forum' heading on the right next to 'forum tools' on page one.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • 4consumerrights
    Options
    You need to report this company to the OFT, the Financial Obudsman and the FCA

Their website proclaims to have a consumer credit licence:

http://controlaccount.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=83&Itemid=484

However they do NOT have a current licence - last time this company had a licence was in 1980: - a historic licence status not current.

http://www2.crw.gov.uk/pr/default.aspx

You could also report them to trading standards and the ASA as well and a complaint to Companies House would not go amiss either.

Control Account have registered has a public limited company - yet no shares are available for the general public and the company shareholding is made up entirely of the directors' holdings

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/02765607/CONTROLACCOUNT-PLC/group-structure#shareholders

(Broaddriver limited is also privately owned by the same shareholders)
  • funkyfreakapotomus
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    depends on the region of the uk you are in, you didnt mention it at all , the laws differ !!

suggest you read the sticky threads now at the top of the forum , below the NEW THREAD blue button you have now found (especially the NEWBIES thread and anything on DR (debt recovery)

as for ignore, its not been IGNORE in england and wales for over 12 months , details in the red notice at the top of this forum

also, please use the edit button to remove your text in your first post in that other thread, so his thread stays on topic

Sorry, total newbie, will read newbie stuff! I did watch a video of how to use the forum.

I am in North Devon.

I will also attempt to edit in the other thread.
  • funkyfreakapotomus
    Options
    My thanks to EVERYONE who has responded I really appreciate your time!!
  • funkyfreakapotomus
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    That's not true at all:

Search the parking forum for the keywords 'Control Account', using the 'search this forum' heading on the right next to 'forum tools' on page one.

Ok, read a lot of stuff and still a little confused sorry!

I shouldn't ignore the letters from control account plc but I should send a response (a copy of the letter lazydaisy posted??) back to Euro Car Parks and try to complain to Sainsburys?

I haven't had a letter before claim yet, but my letter is on differently headed paper than the ones people have posted in the various places I have followed links to.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Actually I think I wouldn't respond to a standard letter as you know they'll send the LBC next (as you've read other threads). Wait for that and then you can respond as per Daisy's LBCCC thread and report Control Account to the CSA and Financial Ombudsman for making it seem as if they are a firm of solicitors.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • funkyfreakapotomus
    Options
    Ok, I will wait for LBC letter and respond then.

At the same time I will make a complaint to the CSA and FO too!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure