Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• steady__eddie
    steady__eddie Posts: 1,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Uniform Washer
    Options
    "Maybe they're all on their hols !!"

Perhaps the bung isn't big enough yet, what can you do with a knighthood nowadays anyway ?:D
  • Compound_2
    Compound_2 Posts: 299 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    exel1966 wrote: »
    Maybe one of the board guides could explain as to why there seems to be some reticence in applying obviously useful posts as 'Stickies'. Are there space constraints ? Would this not stop the question of which one is best coming up every week ?
    It seems to be a common occurence on most of the forums I read where somebody has asked for a sticky.
    Maybe they're all on their hols !!
    I don't know the board guides' reason but a possible reason could be that there's already a sticky on Regular Savings Accounts.
  • sav4it
    sav4it Posts: 199 Forumite
    Options
    A little courtesy towards the Op who's gone to a lot of effort wouldn't be too much to ask. A response to their PM would be nice, explaining why it's not become a sticky.
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Hi

Just to answer a couple of points on here so you can all read it.

We've asked board guides to limit the number of sticky threads on a board to five where at all possible and there are already seven on the Savings board including, as someone's mentioned, the official discussion thread linked to Martin's article, which is regularly updated.

If you could post the information in this post in the official thread instead, that would reach the widest audience possible and would be a great help to all the MoneySavers who come through to the forum from the main site.

PS, just to remind you the Board Guides are volunteers who have their own full time jobs and lives to lead as well as helping us out here on the forums. It can take them some time to reply.

Andrea :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • sav4it
    Options
    Andrea,
    You seem to be a little defensive here.
    If board guides haven't got the time, then they shouldn't accept the position.
    I will stick with my point of view. I don't know who OPer PMed to but both guides have been quite active on the forum it would seem in the last week since OP said s/he had sent a PM. Not very courteous.
    However, thank you for telling us all the reasons re non stickiness.
  • mary
    mary Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi

PS, just to remind you the Board Guides are volunteers who have their own full time jobs and lives to lead as well as helping us out here on the forums. It can take them some time to reply.

Andrea :)

A bit of a starchy reply. Everyone on here I'm sure lead busy lives in one way or another. Special Saver 2 and Kazaa in particular have contributed greatly to helping others with researching their information. not only here but in many other threads as well. A little bit of recognition and appreciation goes a long way.

I agree with sav4it that if you have taken on the role (albeit volunteer) to moderate these threads, but you feel it is too time consuming, then perhaps it is time to reflect
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As for making this a sticky, I am waiting for a reply to the private message that I sent to the moderator that is listed as looking after this board.
    sav4it wrote: »
    I don't know who OPer PMed to but both guides have been quite active on the forum it would seem in the last week since OP said s/he had sent a PM. Not very courteous

I just want to clarify that I'm not being discourteous or ignoring you but I haven't received a PM in relation to this. Had I received a PM I would have answered it as soon as I read it which is something I always do.
  • sav4it
    Options
    Nothing quite like naming and shaming in a back-handed way.;)
    Still, this forum is great and wouldn't be the same without board guides so only a tongue in cheek dig.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,092 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    imo this R/S sticky http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=412414
    should now be removed and replaced with new R/S sticky, with rates of best paying accounts, thats assuming that the R/S listings and rates could be amended if they was contained within a sticky.
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry guys, I know you would like this to be made a sticky but I have not been able to make this happen.

Have you seen that Kazza's excellent ISA sticky has been de-stickied?
    (Follow my link at the top of the first page of this thread if you don't know which thread I am referring to.)

I have added in the Principality BS regular saver and will add in a section to this thread about the best feeder accounts as soon as I can confirm that the new Sainsbury account is suitable for this purpose. I will also include a link to the Coventry First account (which I am currently using as my feeder account) but make it very clear that this includes a first year only bonus, requires funding of £1,000 per month, and that it is not possible to simply close and re-open it (as mary has informed us in one of the posts above). I still think it is a great account though - such a shame the rate drops after 1 year.

Actually, does anybody know if the new Tesco account can be used as a feeder account?

I might move my money from Coventry First to Tesco when my first year Coventry bonus runs out, then after 6 months (when the Tesco bonus runs out) move to Sainsbury if they are still offering a competitive rate at that point. What do you folks think?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure