🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Mrs PG's Hopes & Dreams for a debt free future !

Options

Comments

• PinotGrigio41
    PinotGrigio41 Posts: 4,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good to see you posting Mrs PG.
    Great that the girls have both got jobs - it all helps :) My DD has been home since May too but had to pay rent until the end of term. I remember the stress and panic of being asked to be guarantors and thinking I might need to be ask my sister if she could be, but the checks can't be that stringent as it was all accepted. She saved enough money last summer so haven't had to give her much top up this past year :) though we help her out with the car bills.

Hope you have had a more relaxing day!
    NOA
    x

Lovely to see you NoOne, I hope you are well.

Isn't it crazy that the term finishes so early, yet rent has to be paid for another few months? I had no idea this would happen, I thought she was in Uni until early July at least . I guess though that not all students head home and stay in their uni town all year, but for the majority its a huge financial strain.

I'm glad you haven't needed to help out quite so much this year, I am hoping we will be in a similar position when she goes back in September.

Im dreading her leaving again though :(
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
    Total debts Nov 2011 [STRIKE]£96796.75[/STRIKE]:eek:
    Total Debts JUL 2020 £00.00
    Cleared Jul 2020 £96796.75
    :T
    Emergency Fund / Rainy Day - £5500 . DMP Mutual Support Thread 428
  • PinotGrigio41
    edited 6 August 2017 at 10:24AM
    Options
    Yesterday was so much calmer !

Lots of jobs were finished, although we didn't end up painting the house.

Our evening ended with bacon butties and wine with marshallows for desert around the fire in the garden. It was perfect except that DD1 was at work and so she missed out. Mr PG says that I need to get a grip and stop getting upset if the four of us aren't always able to do things together and someone misses out. I know its inevitable now they are older, but I don't have to like it ?!! :rotfl:

Mr PG is out on a bike ride this morning, DD2 is in work for a few hours and although I don't want to, I think I will tackle the ironing pile and hopefully get outside later on as its a beautiful day. DD1 is currently crashed out in bed, but I think I will be waking her shortly before she wastes her day.

TTs today = a huge 67p to the loan !

Hope you all have a fun Sunday xxx
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Enjoy your day Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • PinotGrigio41
    Options
    Sunday wasn't as good as Saturday for a zillion reasons, but some progress was made on a few things , I also had a general moan about everyone pulling their weight a bit more around the house :o
    I dont think I was Mrs Popular !!

This morning seemed better, but lets see how long it last !

Mr PG has headed off again, back in 2 weeks time. DD2 is spending the day at the stables and DD1 has just gone to work, so I have an entire day in the office to crack on which is bliss ! I am currently tackling the brain numbing job of paperwork , bu at least its getting done.

More TTs were made to the loan and this morning and I have transferred some money into the newly opened T@X account ready for THEM . Need to squirrel away a hell of alot more to keep them happy, but August is our month of knuckling down and getting sorted.

We clambered into the rafters in the garage hunting through boxes at the weekend in search of paperwork for PPI that I am convinced Mr PG had many moons ago. Sadly, all I could find was a master policy for C3ub 24, but nothing to connect it too. I can see from statements he was paying £35 a month for it and that it ran for nearly 10 years which I can see from an old Credit Report , but what it was in connection with and a policy number is anyone's guess. Im thinking a store card, possibly D1x0n$ . We moved house around the time he stopped paying it back in the 90s and I shredded so much paperwork that I don't think I stand much chance of finding it. The fact it was so long ago means they are unlikely to locate any paperwork for us if I send a general SAR. I just wish I could find even one statement .

Its soooo frustrating.

I can also see in the region of 7 other suspect looking direct debits from the statements, but again I no longer have paperwork to back this up or relate it to anything. :mad::mad:

Perhaps I will have a brainwave if I think hard enough and miraculously locate a long lost box full of paperwork !! xx
  • PinotGrigio41
    Options
    :j:j:j Just noticed from my signature that we are just £60 away from hitting the 60K figure !! Cant believe we have cleared that much !! :j:j:j
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    With your strong work ethic and determination You will be in the 50s in no time PG. Well done.x.
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Mrs PG, I claimed back PPI from companies where I had long ago shredded the papetwork. If you can find an address to access archives of the companies you can then ask for copies of agreements. It took years to track down some of our accounts as companies were bought out by others but persistence pays off. I know you don't have so long but hope you have success.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,097 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You're doing amazing things, Pinot! Your figures look fantastic - well done on busting right through the £60k mark. That's one hell of an achivement.
    Better is good enough.
  • PinotGrigio41
    Options
    poohbear59 wrote: »
    Mrs PG, I claimed back PPI from companies where I had long ago shredded the papetwork. If you can find an address to access archives of the companies you can then ask for copies of agreements. It took years to track down some of our accounts as companies were bought out by others but persistence pays off. I know you don't have so long but hope you have success.

Thanks Pooh. I remember when you had some success on your PPI claims.

We claimed back all the recent ish PPI and got paperwork for others when we sent in the SAR. I just assumed that as some of these accounts Mr PG had, date back to the 80s and 90s that the archives would have long since gone.

I have figured out which companies have been taken over by who, so maybe it is worth a try. I found one letter yesterday for an old account although I don't think there was PPI on it, but I will fire off a letter today if I get a chance.

I will keep persevering xx
  • PinotGrigio41
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    You're doing amazing things, Pinot! Your figures look fantastic - well done on busting right through the £60k mark. That's one hell of an achivement.

We are getting there, but it seems such slow going.

I am really pleased with clearing the 60K though, I need to remember to tell Mr PG now as I completely forgot when he rang last night !!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts