Forensic Vet Report

Options

Comments

• hachette
    hachette Posts: 591 Forumite
    Options
    Since this is a praise forum I would like to say well done to my daughter who has passed her driving test today (it was her 9th try)
    I am :T but

That is when a real stress starts when your teen child is on the road

Sorry for getting of the "track" hope the thread will not get locked for that.
  • hachette
    Options
    To get back on the track the report has been e-mailed yesterday so just waiting for the response from the insurers.

Thanks again to all who made me decide what to do.
  • hachette
    Options
    Still no contact from the insurers after they had my report. I don't know how long it is reasonable to wait. After all the owner of the practice had my letter stating my intentions in Septemeber. I was near the practice today so went by and they are operating still under the same name so I think the sale must be very recent and had not completed yet. Do you think I should give them a dead line to respond ? 14th of December seems like a good dead line.
  • 1jim
    1jim Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 5 December 2013 at 7:56PM
    Options
    It's often the case that new owners will operate a business under it's existing name

You have to give the insurers a reasonable time frame to read, consider, seek expert advice on the report, prepare a response. Perhaps 28 days is a more reasonable time frame for a reply, so far they've had it what 2-3 days?

The insurers will be dealing with multiple cases, yours is one of many. You can try and give deadlines but you will have to know what you intend to do if they don't meet your deadline?
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hachette wrote: »
    Do you think I should give them a dead line to respond ? 14th of December seems like a good dead line.

No, that is not reasonable at all. They should be given enough time to get their own independent report done by their own forensic vet who will want to go through your report, point by point and refute as much as possible.

This is not going to be a quick process. If you give them such a short deadline and then go straight to court (presumably this is what you are going to threaten with your deadline?) without giving them the opportunity to follow their process this would not look good on you at all.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you have a reference number yet Hachette?
    Is this official? I don't think its unreasonable to ask them when you will receive some written acknowledgement , not necessarily asking if they have completed any investigation.
  • hachette
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    Do you have a reference number yet Hachette?
    Is this official? I don't think its unreasonable to ask them when you will receive some written acknowledgement , not necessarily asking if they have completed any investigation.

This is it, I have had nothing from the insurers yet so it does not feel official. The only communication I had was from the brokers and that was only because my forensic vet was trying to contact my vet. The insurers must have had my letter and other details of the case since September and nobody was bothering to make contact with me all that time hoping maybe that I go away. 4 months of investigation I feel is long enough. The case is not that complex. Do you think I should ask for some kind of case number? I feel I should. 14th of December is the date when
    Maxie died and I always thought that if nothing happens by that time this will be the date I will take legal action.
  • hachette
    Options
    My case seems to be on the hold for this reason: quote e-mail from the brokers.

"I await the copy report you have, which I will send over to RSA.

As explained, I am awaiting some information from Mr.... to move forward, but he has some personal dealings so will have to give him some time.

Any query, please do not hesitate to contact me."

So how much time should one give for a personal dealings? It could be months.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    hachette wrote: »
    So how much time should one give for a personal dealings? It could be months.

Indeed it could be months.

Not sure why you think someone on this forum can give you any idea how long you should wait without any knowledge on what those personal dealings might be.

You need to ask that question of whoever sent that email... the broker?

The last line of your quoted email suggests you do just that, doesn't it?
  • hachette
    Options
    1jim wrote: »
    It's often the case that new owners will operate a business under it's existing name

You have to give the insurers a reasonable time frame to read, consider, seek expert advice on the report, prepare a response. Perhaps 28 days is a more reasonable time frame for a reply, so far they've had it what 2-3 days?

The insurers will be dealing with multiple cases, yours is one of many. You can try and give deadlines but you will have to know what you intend to do if they don't meet your deadline?
    Suerly 28 days would be in the legal action situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure