Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sounds like you had a fantastic trip away :)
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    We did indeed Kittenkirst!

Today:
    -dr
    -bday shopping with dd for dh (I have a list!) Including tkmaxxx, primarni, £land... :rotfl:
    -log everything I eat on fitbit log - want to keep this up for a week...
    -do a workout
    -HP film location research for tomorrow
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Most of us think we can't teach any more in the hols. You are not alone.
  • apple_muncher
    Options

Today:
    -dr
    -bday shopping with dd for dh (I have a list!) Including tkmaxxx, primarni, £land... :rotfl:
    -log everything I eat on fitbit log - want to keep this up for a week...
    -do a workout
    -HP film location research for tomorrow

All done!

My bloods are all tracking fine, and now I know why my red blood cells need keeping an eye on.

My toe is all there,nowt broken. Reckons I may have torn some of the tendon and it has 'healed' thickened, hence the lack of mobility. Still doesn't explan why it blimmin' hurts to try to bend it, but as good an answer as I'll get. Up to me now to work on it myself.

Bday shopping went well. Didn't find what we went looking for, but did get other stuff. I treated dd to a HP duvet cover from primarni - £15 - and a set of 30 felt tips from £land. She is chuffed to bits at both items :D. I bought myself a £2 HP 'lunch bag' - not an insulated one, just a small squared bag with a zip that I can use to carry food in and which folds up flat.

All food has been logged, as well as my workout.

HP locations have been decided upon and we are all rather excited. Especially as my niece is coming over to Lunnon and meeting up with us to wander round - dd is super excited as she adores her big cousin.

I have also given the downstairs a very much needed sweep - it was so bad I was picking bits up on the soles of my feet and dropping them off elsewhere. Oops.

Tomorrow, dh gets breakfast in bed, for his bday. We'll saunter up to the big smoke (using the railcard for a discount on our travelcards) for lunchtime - with our pack ups of course - and hopefully have a jolly time. The weather is set fair which will help with the jolliness. Tea is steak, mushrooms, hm chips, broc, creamy sauce... our usual yummy celebration meal.

I also plan to log all food and get a workout done again. Oh, and pack for going to bham on weds - it isn't an early start, but it is on specific trains as it was 50% cheaper!

Small - thank you for your response. It's good to know I'm not the only one :D.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hope you have a fab day today, apple. Happy birthday to Mr apple! :)

x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Thank you greent :D.

We have had a stupendously great day. Thought we may not see much of niece, as her train arrived in... Waterloo. However after much sending of texts and checking where she could change, her train did go all the way to W'loo and she was only 15 mins late.

We did parts of a free walking guide and dd was simply chuffed to be with her cousin, I don't think she would have minded if we'd spent the day walking through an industrial estate.

The weather so good we had to splash out on more drinks, despite all of us bringing water. But under £5 on them was well worth it, and £2 on lollies for the girls from the sweetie shop that is set up like the one in Hogsmeade. Nowt else, as we'd enough food - also took some for niece, practising feeding a vegan!

One place we didn't go was platform 9 3/4, as we'll travel from Kings X next week, so will do it then.

I did get a workout done before we left, and have done over 17k steps. I have also logged all food, though it was tricky to quantify the gf/df-iced-by-dd cake we made for dh...

Tomorrow, dd and I are off to bham. We are booked on specific trains, as the cost was almost halved by doing this, which will be a novelty for us. But nowt packed or prepped for it yet.

Dd has her hogwarts duvet cover on her bed and is wearing her hogwarts jamas whilst reading a HP book. A tad obsessed perchance...?!
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options

One place we didn't go was platform 9 3/4, as we'll travel from Kings X next week, so will do it then.

Make sure you leave plenty of time if you want a photo - it's always mobbed!

MWCx
    Mortgage at highest (April 2008): ~£195,000
    Mortgage-free: January 2021
    Retired: June 2022 (186 months early!)
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Thank you MWC - we'll be returning the same way, so we can have another go if it is so busy we'll miss the train on our way out.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    A couple of days up in Bham done and dusted. Good to see mum, and good for dd to see that gma's bits and bobs are no longer packed away but out and about in her room.

Dd slept for 12 hours (!), boy was she tired out, so we only saw mum the once as we were booked on specific trains. But I figured it was better for dd to sleep...

Today we are off for a swim. It's something I always mean to do in the hols, and often forget. At least we are only a little over half way through the break this year. I think dd gets in free in the hols so I've dug out the cards from last year and we'll go and see.

My oyster stopped working a couple of months ago with no warning. We've contacted the oyster people and I shall be getting a full refund. Yay! So I have a brand new oyster that will have oodles of money on it :rotfl: soon - well, enough for 11 journeys...

Logging all my food is interesting. Especially seeing how easy it is to get a super high number of carbs. But I've been eating sandwiches for lunches recently, as it has been the simplest thing to do. And cake. :D
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    The cards got dd in for free and me for £1.40. Bargain!

We have also been blackberrying and easily picked 2lbs - not counting all the ones I ate... We were v glad to miss the downpours of rain and hailstones - they would have been painful if we had been out in them.

Dd announced that she wanted ham, egg and toast for tea. And wants to try bacon tomorrow. I am gobsmacked! This is a child who was practically food phobic a few years ago... She was surprised that the ham was cold! But I suppose that if you have never tasted it, then you don't know. (The bacon is defrosting and getting ready for tomorrow.)

Dd and I are getting haircuts tomorrow. Probably no big deal for others, but the last time I went was last year, and this will be dd's first ever visit as she's let me cut her hair until now...

A ch shop yielded a Quidditch teeshirt for dd for just £1. Result.

All in all, spending under a fiver, a frugal day methinks.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback